• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I foresee one of these two idiots withdrawing the not guilty plea just to get a deal against the other idiot. Once they realize how there is no way they are winning in court they are both going to blame the other for the horrible death of this baby boy.

I say we just strap them into large swings and leave them there starving and soiled until they decide to tell the truth of how they really treated this baby.

I foresee one of these two idiots withdrawing the not guilty plea just to get a deal against the other idiot. Once they realize how there is no way they are winning in court they are both going to blame the other for the horrible death of this baby boy.

I say we just strap them into large swings and leave them there starving and soiled until they decide to tell the truth of how they really treated this baby.
That is an outstanding idea!

When my middle daughter was born, I got chewed out by the doctor because every time she made a peep, I was rushing over there to check on her and make sure she was still breathing. He told me to let my wife and daughter rest.

So ignoring a baby for a goddamn week, for me, is inconceivable. These asshole do not deserve to experience the miracle of bringing life into this world. Indeed, they also do not deserve food, comfort, light, or love. From the looks on their faces in the mugshots, they are indeed societal parasites. Bottom feeders that exist only to suck nourishment from those more deserving and to excrete on those less fortunate.

Enjoy prison, assholes.

Jan 29, 2018

A trial has been delayed for a northeast Iowa woman whose dead 4-month-old son was found in an infant swing, his body infested with maggots.

The delay in the trial of 20-year-old Cheyanne Harris came at the request of her lawyer, who wanted more time to prepare the defense case.

Advertisement
The trial had been scheduled to begin Wednesday. The judge set a new trial starting date of June 11 in New Hampton.

Harris and the baby's father, Zachary Koehn, have pleaded not guilty to charges of child endangerment and first-degree murder in the death of their son, Sterling Koehn. Koehn's trial is set to begin March 28.

Authorities say deputies and medics called to the couple's Alta Vista apartment on Aug. 30 found Sterling dead in the swing.
http://www.kcci.com/article/murder-trial-delayed-for-mom-in-death-of-maggot-infested-baby/15914132

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...e-harris-father-zachary-paul-koehn/580178002/

*update* mother to please drug defense, suprissseee....

A northern Iowa mom may use intoxication as a defense at trial after her 4-month-old baby was found dead in a swing, according to court documents.

The baby's father, Zachary Paul Koehn, 28, was also arrested and faces the same charges. They have pleaded not guilty.
In court records filed after the arrest, Harris reported last using methamphetamines two to three weeks before her son's death and Koehn said he last used meth two months prior.
Harris' attorney filed a notice of defenses on Thursday, also noting diminished responsibility may be used. A psychologist out of Ames may be used as a witness to support the defenses.

I do really hope they use that defense...... That means they admit watching the babies die and decompose while they were not using meth, we've all seen faces of meth, these two don't look like meth champions but they look too healthy to have not noticed their baby was dyeing for that long then go longer without seeing or smelling your baby decomposing... IMO this is one of the top 3 worst cases I've read on here and I've read or skimmed the majority of the front page and 1000's in the forums, although I do admit shying away from the kids and animals forums.

I remember this one. It completely skeeves me out. I am so disgusted by these so called parents. :rage:

holy shit I wish I hadn't googled what that meant then clicked on the video for that scene. Lesson learned, don't google shit you say and don't watch trainspotting!

One of the sickest scenes I've ever seen in a movie :yuck:

holy shit I wish I hadn't googled what that meant then clicked on the video for that scene. Lesson learned, don't google shit you say and don't watch trainspotting!
I saw the movie when it first came out & had no idea that scene was coming. My firstborn was only 2 years old then so it hit me like a punch to the gut.

I hope he gets life or the DP and she gets at least 35 years so neither can reproduce again.

For my nickel, voluntary intoxication is not a defense. At all. For starters, it would invalidate DUI statutes across the length and breadth of the country.

Iowa does not have the DP.

--Al
Grasping at straws for some kinda of pity/mercy, i hope they don't get any. doesn't make sense to me why they think it would make a difference since they both say that they had gone a week or more without doing drug before, during, and after the baby swung dyeing. (i started to type laid dyeing but that wouldn't be true)

@Ripley said
.l hope he gets life or the DP and she gets at least 35 years so neither can reproduce again.
Why shouldn't she get the same punishment?
Mom's over anyone else in the whole world should nurture the little human that grew inside her body.
Dad's should too but I get that it might take a little bit for the dad to bond.
So mom should get equal punishment or worse.

I saw the movie when it first came out & had no idea that scene was coming. My firstborn was only 2 years old then so it hit me like a punch to the gut.

I hope he gets life or the DP and she gets at least 35 years so neither can reproduce again.

I know that feeling... I went to the movies and saw Fresh (1994), I was already sick when they killed a kid about 10yo over drugs or money he lost but after the main young child hung the dog by his leash from the fire escape cus the mom wouldn't let him keep it... I said fuck this shit and walked out literally.

Hopefully they both get life w/o and kept in seg... It's probably the only place they'll be safe anyway, too bad they can't legally be tied up in a straight jacket deprived of food, water, shower, toilet, and anyone that would show them an ounce of humanity.

I think they should chain them up in a field, paint them with liquid poo, and let the maggots do the rest. These 2 are a waste of oxygen, htf did the older one survive

I guess I must be confused....

I was under the impression that diminished capacity due to drug/alcohol use simply isn’t a defense. Maybe “blame drugs” worked back in the day, hence the fact that this defense exists, but now?

I hope she tells the judge this, straightfaced “it’s not my fault your honor, it’s that dirty, evil meth that killed my baby. I’m just a victim!!”

I guess I must be confused....

I was under the impression that diminished capacity due to drug/alcohol use simply isn’t a defense. Maybe “blame drugs” worked back in the day, hence the fact that this defense exists, but now?

I hope she tells the judge this, straightfaced “it’s not my fault your honor, it’s that dirty, evil meth that killed my baby. I’m just a victim!!”
But being an addict is a disease not a choice :penguin:

A judge has rejected a challenge to a jury pool for a man charged in the death of his infant son.

The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports Judge Richard Stochl ruled Monday there weren't systematic problems with how the pool was assembled and that it was a representative cross-section of Henry County.

Lawyers had objected to the potential makeup of the jury for Zachary Koehn, who is charged with murder and child endangerment. Police say officers found the maggot-infested body of 4-month-old Sterling Koehn in an infant swing on Aug. 30 last year.

Koehn's trial was moved to Mount Pleasant in Henry County because of pretrial publicity in Chickasaw County.

Defense attorney Steven Drahozal asked the court last week to reconsider the jury pool because of an under-representation of Hispanic people. Drahozal says Koehn has a Hispanic background and is entitled to a jury drawn from a cross-section of the community.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...rial-infant-death-maggot-infested/1813067002/

There shouldn’t even be a trial, they should just fry these fuckers and be done with it. That poor baby never had a chance.

A prosecutor in the trial of an Iowa father whose infant son was found dead and maggot-infested in a baby swing last year has told a jury the child “died of diaper rash.”

Assistant Iowa Attorney General Coleman McAllister told jurors Tuesday that 4-month-old Sterling Koehn had been in the same diaper for nine to 14 days when his body was found in the swing Aug. 30, 2017, at his parents’ home.

The baby’s father, 29-year-old Zachary Paul Koehn, is charged with murder and child endangerment. The boy’s mother, Cheyanne Harris, is also charged and faces a separate trial at a later date.

McAllister said Tuesday in opening statements that the baby’s heavily soiled diaper had attracted bugs that had laid eggs, which had hatched into maggots. The resulting diaper rash led to ruptured skin, and e.Coli bacteria set in.

“He died of diaper rash. That’s right, diaper rash,” McAllister said.

A coroner’s report showed the baby died of malnutrition, dehydration and the infection.

In opening statements Tuesday, Koehn’s attorney said the baby’s death was a tragedy, but not a crime.

Nurse and county rescue squad EMT Toni Friedrich testified Tuesday that she was the first to arrive at the apartment after Koehn called 911 to report the baby had died. Friedrich said Koehn showed no emotion when he led her to the dark, hot bedroom where the baby’s body was.

The baby’s “eyes were open, and it was a blank stare,” she said.

Friedrich said when she touched the baby’s chest, his clothing was crusty. When she moved his blanket, gnats flew up, she said.
https://apnews.com/060b82ad3f8a4575bc1bafe80745b8c7

Capture.png

LINK

According to autopsy results, medical examiners found “maggots in various stages of development” in Sterling’s “clothing and on his skin.”​
Prosecutor Coleman McAllister, an assistant Iowa attorney general, told jurors that Sterling had worn the same diaper for nine to 14 days when medics were called to the family’s Alta Vista, Iowa, apartment, reports the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier newspaper.​
The diaper’s contents irritated the baby’s skin, causing it to rupture, after which e coli bacteria set in, McAllister said.​
Authorities believe Sterling, who weighed less than five pounds at death, was left in the baby swing for over a week, and that he was not bathed or changed that entire time, according to the criminal complaint.​
“The facts of this case go far beyond neglect and show circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to human life,” Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Deputy Reed Palo wrote in the criminal complaint.​

@Satanica @araisner @Muriel Schwenck
An Iowa man has been convicted of first-degree murder in the death of his infant son who was found in a maggot-infested baby swing last year.

The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports jurors took less than an hour Tuesday to convict 29-year-old Zachary Paul Koehn of first-degree murder and child endangerment causing death. The murder conviction carries a mandatory prison sentence of life without parole.

Koehn had blamed his son's mother for the death of 4-month-old Sterling Koehn, who died in August 2017. A trial is pending for 21-year-old mother, Cheyanne Harris.
https://wsbt.com/news/regional/iowa-man-convicted-in-death-of-infant-found-in-maggot-infested-swing

Goddamn it! Shouldn’t have looked at his picture. So cute.. drop him off on someone’s doorstep. Lobby of a hospital. Strap him into his car seat and leave him at Walmart. Fuck I don’t care how horrible of a person you are, I will gladly applaud and defend someone who can identify they are a terrible parent and should no longer have a child in their custody.

Back