• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Kalehue

Trusted Member
When you're as immature as we are, the short list of high comedy includes such classics as people falling down, farting and, of course, suggestive names like "Ben Dover" or "Seymour Butts."

So we are unamused by a study that says funny surnames like Cockshott, Balls and Shufflebottom are on the decline in the U.K., dropping by up to 75 percent in the last century as people either refuse to pass them on to their children or emigrate entirely (presumably in shame).

The study found that the number of people with the name Cock withered from 785 last year from 3,211 in 1881, those called Balls fell to 1,299 from 2,904. Also significantly decreased were slightly less dirty but still very silly names such as Smellie, Gotobed, Shufflebottom and Cockshott.

Luckily, the surname "Wang" is still experiencing significant growth. (Could. Not. Resist.)

http://www.asylum.com/2009/03/26/na...009/03/26/naughty-names-sadly-on-the-decline/

I am not making this up. When I worked for an insurance company years ago, I got a call from a guy who said his name was Dick Head. I called him a perv and hung up on him. Turns out he was a very large account holder and that was his real name.

Wait for it. . .

He was, in fact, a Jr. and his son got the torch passed to him as well.

lol my grandfathers name is Richard and he goes by Dick, my cousin was named after him and when he turned 9 he decided to be known as Little Dick! so the entire family calls him Little Dick! HAHA

I am not making this up. When I worked for an insurance company years ago, I got a call from a guy who said his name was Dick Head. I called him a perv and hung up on him. Turns out he was a very large account holder and that was his real name.

Wait for it. . .

He was, in fact, a Jr. and his son got the torch passed to him as well.

How could anyone stick their child with that name -- and for TWO generations??

I knew a guy who had his clock cleaned by a swinging hook on a crane.
they put a metal plate in his head and his brain never was the same. However, he was still Captain of the ship. So he never lost his balls just his brain. We called him Richard Cranium for the longest time. he took it as a compliment.

We called him Richard Cranium for the longest time. he took it as a compliment.

OMG... it took me a minute to get that one ! TOO FUNNY !

Richard Cranium = Dick Head !!!! I'm gonna' have to remember that one !
ROFL.gif

I met a guy through a friend of mine and his name was Richard Goodnits and all of his friends called him Dick Goodnuts.

Last edited:
I dated a guy with the last name GAYER, the kids where brutal in HS to the guy. When he proposed the first thing out of my mouth was "I'm not changing my last name!". Thankfully that all didn't work out but it use to amuse me that his mom was a special ed teacher and the kids cracked up the first day every school year.

The best ever was my dad knew a guy named, and I shit you not, Hymen Flapper....it still puts me in fits sometimes.

I have a better explanation for why these names are on the decline: Trouble finding a date!

I have an Ob/Gyn office that is always calling Rx's in. The doctors name you ask? Dr. Rape. I don't think I could go to a gyn with that name. Makes me shake my head every time.................

LOL are you serious Peep? I wouldn't be able to go into that office either... ESPECIALLY if it's ob/gyn lol

we had a senator or something up here for the longest time. he went by dick for his whole career. last name sweatt. dick sweatt. not kidding, goggle it.

Had a temp once......Very hard to add her to the e-mail system. Took multiple tries because of severe laughing. But yes at last you were able to hear from D. Schmuck!

I went to school with a guy named Mike Hunt. I'm not sure if his parents realized what they were doing when they named him or not.

True Story.....

I knew a couple ...... HIS last name was Kummer.....HER last name was Gentile

They got married...and she hyphenated her name to Gentile-Kummer.

I swear to God. Now....this is totally hilarious...TRUE. However...their names are not actually pronounced how you think.
HIS is pronounced like Koo-Mer....and HERS Gen-teel.

But you KNOW how people always fuck up pronouncing names!!!!!

She tried to get him to change the spelling of his last name...but he wouldnt have it. PPpfpfffttttt! Live with THAT name forever!!!!!!! :pound:

I went to school with a guy named Mike Hunt. I'm not sure if his parents realized what they were doing when they named him or not.

It took me a minute to figure out what the problem was with that name, but *finally* got it.

I think I would have gone by Michael. :)

My mom had an insurance agent who's name was Jim Swallows...lol. And I had a claimant call who's name was Mister Wright....The spelling is off but c'mon....who names their kid Mister Wright?

My daughter went to school with a kid named Chason Cox...who in their right mind would name their son a name that sounds like Chasing Cocks?

Last edited:
My friend and I were reading a baby name book while she was pregnant. I swear to one of the names was Cockcheese. The name gives me a horrible image of dirty balls. When I told my friend we laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.

In high school my friend Mike would prank call this guy we found in the phone book. His name was Dick Handworker. Oh the fun we had calling this guy!

Went to high school with Juanita Dick. Her mother? Ineta. Yeah, Ineta Dick. But then she got remarried, we said it was backwards. She became Ineta New, but we thought Ineta New-Dick would be funnier.

Back