• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Florida professor who killed his three-year-old daughter then himself in a gruesome murder-suicide case while in the middle of a bitter custody battle over the child with his estranged wife left a note which shed light on his state of mind.

'I cannot imagine a life for myself and Ela to go through this nonsense for the rest of our lives,' Ayhan Aytes wrote in the letter found by investigators.

The note was found on December 10, when police were conducting a welfare check on Aytes and his three-year-old daughter, Ela, in the suburban Tampa home in Temple Terrace, Florida.

When officers arrived at Aytes' first-floor condo, they found him hanging from a rafter on his back porch and his daughter laying dead in her bed, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

The letter was a typed, seven-page note dated December 6. A police search warrant described the letter as discussing matters including 'separation, divorce and child custody matters between Laurel [Friedman] and Ayhan.'

The welfare check was initiated after Friedman, 38, Ela's mother who was estranged from her husband, said she had not heard from them in days. Friedman said she was having custody problems with Aytes, 48 over Ela. The couple filed for divorce in January and decided to share custody of Ela, but Friedman grew increasingly worried he would take the child to his native country of Turkey after he failed to bring her back after his scheduled visits, according to her divorce filings.

In September, a judge granted Friedman's request to bar Aytes from taking Ela to Turkey to visit his family.

The judge agreed with Friedman that Ela was at risk of abduction by her father, who denied that he planned to stay in Turkey permanently with his daughter. Aytes claimed that he simply wanted to take Ela to visit his mother.

On December 5, Aytes was scheduled to bring Ela to school, but he never showed, prompting Friedman to file an emergency motion in court.

Friedman's motion alleged that Aytes was beginning to show signs of decline in his mental health and that his behavior was becoming more erratic.

Friedman then sent Aytes a text message saying it was her turn to spend time with their daughter. Aytes responded by warning Friedman not to 'push it too hard.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...attle-killing-daughter-3-hanging-himself.html
1546533592269.png

My somewhat racist dad used to say "stick with your own culture". Aside from his racism I think there's some wisdom in his statement.

The hell is she doing having kids with a Turkey?

YUP! No one ever gets it!!! Finally someone got it! The horse always says it. I can't remember his name but yeah!
On a forum I used to post on, I used that line so much I edited it onto a still of the Horse and just used the image.

So these look like accomplished people, why not just go to Turkey too, support your daughter in having a relationship with her Grandma ? Why go to court ... why kill yourself ... both of them are idiots.

There are women that think because the baby came out of their body, what they want is all that matters.

So these look like accomplished people, why not just go to Turkey too, support your daughter in having a relationship with her Grandma ? Why go to court ... why kill yourself ... both of them are idiots.
Turkey wouldnt even be on my list of places to visit atm, never mind moving there just so my nut case of an ex could be happy. Besides she had grandparents and family in the US as well.

In the article they say that they did live in Turkey for a while, returning to the US during the coupe. If you read the full article you will see just how badly the fucked up Florida family court system failed. There should have been an emergency pick up order granted when he failed to turn her over, instead the father was warned to stick to the original agreement and to give the girl back to her mother. They found an email on his computer from his own lawyer sent the day he killed them both telling him to comply and hand her over. This is more of a " If I cant have her, no one can" incident than a father who actually cared or wanted to do what was best for his kid.

Im in shock to read ANYONE, let alone two dipshits, on this forum suggest the mom should have just moved to Turkey just to appease the trash Turkish ex and his likely scumbag Turkish family. Just totally fucking outrageous

This is more of a " If I cant have her, no one can" incident than a father who actually cared or wanted to do what was best for his kid.

Obviously. THat's what these cases ALWAYS arew

Im in shock to read ANYONE, let alone two dipshits, on this forum suggest the mom should have just moved to Turkey just to appease the trash Turkish ex and his likely scumbag Turkish family.
Who suggested they move to turkey?
I just reread this thread and I don't see it.

@JackBurton
That doesn't say anything about moving there.

From the original article.
. In September, a judge granted Friedman's request to bar Aytes from taking Ela to Turkey to visit his family.

Stop posting. Your reading comprehension sucks.

@JackBurton
That doesn't say anything about moving there.

From the original article.

Stop posting. Your reading comprehension sucks.

Im confused as to what your confusion is. What does you posting that bit from the original article have to do with another poster clearly fucking saying the whole lot shoulda moved to fucking Turkey!!?!???

Im confused as to what your confusion is. What does you posting that bit from the original article have to do with another poster clearly fucking saying the whole lot shoulda moved to fucking Turkey!!?!???
reading comprehension is really important you dumbass.

. So these look like accomplished people, why not just go to Turkey too, support your daughter in having a relationship with her Grandma ? Why go to court ... why kill yourself ... both of them are idiots.
No where does it say move.
The original article stated he wanted to take his daughter to visit his family.

I never pegged you for being a moron. A grouchy bastard, yes. A moron, no. But recently, im thinking moron.

"why not just go to Turkey too,"

Just stop posting. You really arent good at it.

And if the nitpicky hangup here is a matter of a "visit" to Turkey vs "MOVING" there forever, it's really quite inconsequential to the larger point and to the myriad of problems that could arise in either situation. If THAT is what you keep being a trollish, thread derailing nitwit about, then you REALLY need to just not post on this site again. Fucking nonsense.

No one said moving. There is a difference between moving to another country or simply visiting.

Last edited:
reading comprehension is really important you dumbass.

No where does it say move.
The original article stated he wanted to take his daughter to visit his family.

I never pegged you for being a moron. A grouchy bastard, yes. A moron, no. But recently, im thinking moron.
The father is on a greencard that expires soon. Its also stated in the article. And his contract with the school expired in May and they never renewed it. He was unemployed with an soon to expire visa. He had to move back to Turkey in the near future. That is why the visitation to Turkey wasn't granted..

Last edited:
The father is on a greencard that expires soon. Its also stated in the article. And his contract with the school expired in May and they never renewed it. He was unemployed with an soon to expire visa. He had to move back to Turkey in the near future. That is why the visitation to Turkey wasn't granted..
None of that is stated in the original article posted here. I was unaware that I need to go out on the internet and read every article ever written before posting here.

My whole argument is that I never suggested that they all move there.

An honestly, you're as ignorant as jack to correct me based on unknown unposted information.

You can both piss off.

None of that is stated in the original article posted here. I was unaware that I need to go out on the internet and read every article ever written before posting here.

My whole argument is that I never suggested that they all move there.

An honestly, you're as ignorant as jack to correct me based on unknown unposted information.

You can both piss off.
All of that, with the exception that his greencard is expiring, is found in the original article linked ;)

If father was allowed to take daughter to Turkey, even for a visit, it would be difficult or more likely impossible to ever get her back to the USA unless he chose to bring her back. So if he wanted to keep her there, he could. This is true even if the mother also went to Turkey with them. If she tried to leave with the child, he could prevent it, because a father's rights to the children take precedence.

If he really wants the kid to have a visit with Grandma, he could fly Grandma to the US. It would cost half as much as two people flying to Turkey.

Back