• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An 18-year-old man has been arrested after authorities accused him and another man of beating his mother with baseball bats and then slitting her throat.

San Antonio police say Matthew Dempsey was arrested Tuesday for the death of his mother, Mary Dempsey. The second suspect, 18-year-old Daniel Saucedo, was arrested Wednesday.

Both are jailed on suspicion of capital murder.

An arrest affidavit says the young men attacked Mary Dempsey when she walked in on them burglarizing her home. The affidavit says they struck Mary Dempsey with baseball bats before using a kitchen knife to attack her. The documents don't say which man had the knife.

Last edited:
Police said that Matthew Dempsey told investigators he was in his bedroom and Saucedo was in the kitchen when Mary Dempsey returned to the home. He confessed to attacking his mother from behind as she turned on the kitchen light and beating her with a baseball bat, records stated.

Police said that Saucedo grabbed another bat and also began beating Mary Dempsey in the living room, where Mary Dempsey's body was later discovered by her daughter.

According to the affidavit, one of the two teens then grabbed a knife and cut Mary Dempsey's throat. Saucedo then bound Mary Dempsey, grabbed a blanket and placed it over her body as Matthew Dempsey rummaged through his mother's wallet, the affidavit stated.

The pair loaded all of the stolen items into Mary Dempsey's beige 2016 Honda Accord, which authorities reported as stolen, and then drove off, according to court records. Police said Matthew Dempsey and Saucedo later went to an ATM to withdraw money from the credit cards that they had stolen from Mary Dempsey's wallet.

The neighbor said seeing Matthew Dempsey being taken into custody for this crime was appalling.

“When I saw them taking him in, he just seemed like he was in a state of shock,” the neighbor said. “I think it was sinking in, the severity of what had happened. Now, and I can only assume that now, he is thinking, ‘Why did I do that?’”

The neighbor said she could only pray now for Matthew Dempsey and the other teens who find themselves caught up in deadly situations.

“If I could talk to Matthew, I would tell him to seek the Lord and give it all to God, because at this point, that is all he can do so he can try to find some type of peace in his heart and in his life. I also ask the community to pray for our community because all of us are in shock.

"As a Christian woman, I would tell all of our children to seek the Lord first and always because that is the right path to go. As parents, we need to have the lines of communication open with our children. One place we can go together is to seek the Lord and help these parents and children facing these really bad situations.”

Last edited:
October 31, 2019
A man indicted for brutally murdering his mother entered a plea deal. Matthew Dempsey pleaded guilty to the capital murder charge and accepted a plea agreement of 42 years in prison.

Mary Helen Dempsey’s body was discovered by her daughter on April 9 at her home off Stagecoach Lane. Police said it was a brutal murder.

Matthew Dempsey, now 19 years old, was arrested a short time later after police say they found evidence that led to his connection to the crime. Dempsey then confessed to killing his mother.

Dempsey’s friend, Daniel Saucedo, was also arrested and indicted on capital murder charges for killing Mary Helen.

Authorities said Mary Helen came home to find the two teens robbing her home, when they attacked her from behind, beat her with a baseball bat, and then cut her throat.

Mary Helen’s family is still overcome with grief and are angry that Dempsey was offered a plea agreement.

“I feel like she was at a point in her life that she was living her best life. She had so many friends, and so many people loved her,” a family member, Michelle Mireles, said.

Mireles and other family members said Mary Helen deserves justice.

“It’s like they knew what they were going to do,” said Mary Helen’s aunt, Elizabeth Castro. “42 years is nothing, go to trial, make it fair."

Mireles said the family is still torn apart, and the plea deal doesn’t fit the severity of the crime.

“He brutally murdered somebody, took her belongings, used her vehicle to get away, and you’re getting a slap on the wrist,” she said.

A special prosecutor was brought in to try the case. Scott Simpson said the District Attorney had to recuse themselves from this case because Saucedo's mother works in the DA’s office.
Simpson said this is not a lenient plea deal.

“When you come to the table and say, ‘I want to take responsibility,’ you get some benefit for that. Obviously, this is not a light plea. I mean, 42 years is a lot of time, and so he will spend more time in prison than he's been outside in his life,” said Simpson.

Simpson said that Dempsey will be required to serve at least half the time before being eligible for parole.

“Most violent crimes like this, they serve about 75 percent of their time before they're paroled,” he said.

Last edited:
When I was in 8th grade in 1995 there was a 9th grader who would have widely been identified as a "freak" in those days. He dated a friend of mine that was also in 8th. One day (we assumed he just snapped) he beat his mom to death with a baseball bat. He was tried as an adult and sentenced to life.

Simpson said that Dempsey will be required to serve at least half the time before being eligible for parole.

Oh wow it's not even the 40 years, he gets a chance at parole!!?!?!?

WOW.

THe govt protects its own, his mom being on the payroll is clearly what got him this deal. Disgusting, especially since they didnt even consult the victims family about it.

Hearing the attorney defend it so vehemently is so fucking vile. Straight up arguing that the victims life wasnt worth shit.

Wonder whta slap on the wrist the other one will get.
Post automatically merged:

The mom's family is going to make sure he does the maximum time.

Wont be up to them.

What was the point in including the maniacal ramblings of the southern hick trash religious nutter in the article? How is any of that shit relevant in the slightest?

Meth no doubt.
Because us inbred rednecks are inbred my good sir.

I tossed a crap yer way because i like the comment but I don't wanna ruin our unprofessional courtesy.
Post automatically merged:

When I was in 8th grade in 1995 there was a 9th grader who would have widely been identified as a "freak" in those days. He dated a friend of mine that was also in 8th. One day (we assumed he just snapped) he beat his mom to death with a baseball bat. He was tried as an adult and sentenced to life.
That's scary. Seriously.

Last edited:
Why do their mug shots look like snapchat filters? Their faces are all squished.
18 and their life is already over. Hope he likes it in the butt.
I'm hoping he doesn't. I'm hoping he can see the irony of attacking from behind every time he bends over to pick up the soap in the shower during the cell block 'happy' hour.

Name: SAUCEDO,DANIEL APOLONIO

Maximum Sentence Date: 2061-04-08
Projected Release Date: 2061-04-08
Parole Eligibility Date: 2040-04-08

Offense History:​

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Sentence (YY-MM-DD)
2019-04-08MURDER2019-12-03BEXAR2019CR667942-00-00

Name: DEMPSEY,MATTHEW JAMES

Maximum Sentence Date: 2061-04-08
Projected Release Date: 2061-04-08
Parole Eligibility Date: 2040-04-08

Offense History:​

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Sentence (YY-MM-DD)
2019-04-09MURDER2019-12-18BEXAR2019CR667842-00-00

Back