• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Undeniable Truth

3933676993_9572625827_o.jpg

Melissa Livingston, 46, is in the Tulsa Jail on the complaint of first degree murder. The stabbing was at Pythian Apartments, 6568 E. 21st Place, according to jail records.

Tulsa Police officers went to the scene after receiving a call about a stabbing, and found Livingston kneeling over the body of Robert Matthews, 44. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Livingston told an officer: "I'm sorry, I was tired of him beating on me," according to an arrest report.

The two were living together, and, "it is domestic related," said Cpl. Phil Snow of the Tulsa Police Department.

She was arrested at 12:24 a.m. Saturday, according to jail records.

When detectives interviewed Livingston, she said she and her boyfriend had been arguing when she went to the kitchen, got a steak knife and stabbed him once in the chest, Snow said.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090919_298_0_ATulsa987612

Last edited:
I hate when people stay with abusers. I'm sure it's been happening for years. I feel bad that she got beaten a lot but there are other options.

I have this fight with my husband once in a while. My mother is law is the same way. 28 years with someone who off and on beats the shit out of her and she won't leave. I know the cops get sick of going over there. It's part of the reason we moved away. We lived within walking distance of the happy couple.

I don't know what to say. I feel like this lady in the story here does and doesn't deserve punishment. It's a tough call. I guess you gotta be a strong person to get out of an abusive situation when you're an adult and some people might not have that in them.

When I was 19 I lived with a guy who would occasionally beat the piss out of me too. The last time he hit me was the first time I fought back. At the end of the struggle, I picked up a frying pan and was about to knock the fuck out of him with it.

I know it sounds crazy, but I literally heard a voice in my head tell me that if I hit him with it I'd keep on hitting him until he was dead. I swear, it stopped me dead cold in mid swing. Scared the fuck out of him too. I think he knew at that point that I could've killed him. I told him that I was calling the cops and he high tailed it out of there and never came back.

He's really fucked his life up since then. Every time I hear of him getting arrested I chuckle. Better him than me.

I, too, learned my lesson at 16. I was with him a year before I broke up with him. Since then, NO ONE has even raised a hand at me.

Since then, NO ONE has even raised a hand at me.

I know you mean exactly NO ONE when you say that too.

So many reasons not to leave in the beginning, huh Chaindrive. None of which are ever legit, of course. It took me a year and a half of what I can, looking back, only call stupidity on my part to get to that day.

After that day though, you just never look back.

I guess he and I were both lucky the voice didn't say "Do it! Just bash that fucker's brain in!". I would've been Den fodder.

My mom was abused by both my father and my stepfather. Before I got smarter, I thought that was okay.

My hubby is so against abuse of women that if he sees a man strike a woman he throws himself into the argument and scares the shit out of the man.

At 16 a relationship, more times than not, is temporary. I have no idea what happens in a woman's mind when it's a "permanent" relationship, like married with children.

Abuse in a relationship is hard way to live and time and time again an abused person often stays with the abuser. Control issues, fear? yeah but not all situations are the same. If a woman is a mother, with kids involved it takes on a diff. form of control a whole new beast to deal with.

I absolutely feel for this woman IF it was due to domestic violence. Did it need to come to stabbing him? i don't know, can't really say for sure unless I know more on her situation. Likely it was tied to a low self image issue, feeling she wasn't worth anything but being beat, then one day she had her breaking point, and survival mode kicked in....hard to say really. Sad as this is no way to get a fresh start in life.

Back