• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sister Iroz

Nun the worse for where
Bold Member!
040509Stabbing_w300.jpg
MOUNT DORA -- A Leesburg couple were stabbed in a Target parking lot today.

Police said that around 7 p.m. Jonathan Levy, 24, approached Philip Heintzen, 80, and Sandra Heintzen, 70, as they were leaving the store and stabbed them multiple times in the torso and back.

The Heintzens were taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center, police said.

Mount Dora police spokesperson Robin Mayfield said Sandra Heintzen was in serious but stable condition. The condition of the husband was unknown. He underwent extensive surgery for his injuries, Mayfield said.

Authorities don't know why Levy stabbed the couple. Mayfield said Levy doesn't appear to know the Heintzens. Levy took nothing from the couple after he stabbed them, police said.

"We do not know what the motive is," Mayfield said.

Levy, who lives at 3197 Oakbrook Lane in Eustis, was apprehended by law enforcement about 30 minutes later behind the Chilis Bar and Grill in Mount Dora.

The Lake County Sheriffs Office dive team recovered two knives from a lake behind the restaurant where Levy was captured, Mayfield said.

"We believe they were the knives he used," she said. "He (Levy) told police they were there."

Levy was booked into the Lake County jail and charged on two counts of attempted first degree murder. His bond was set at $250,000.

Mount Dora Police Lt. Robert Bell said the department will meet with the state attorney's office Monday. They'll also review the evidence with crime scene investigators.

"We have a lot of work to do," Bell said. "It's taken the whole community by surprise." [/QUOThttp://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-bk-target-attack-040509,0,6993.storyE]

MOUNT DORA - Police say a Leesburg woman may have saved her 80-year-old husband's life Saturday night when she interrupted a knife attack in a Target parking lot with her cane.

"It's a very good possibility," Mount Dora police spokeswoman Robbin Mayfield said.

She said Philip Heintzen, stabbed repeatedly in the stomach and back Saturday night, remained in the intensive care unit Monday at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

His wife, Sandra, 69, cut across the arms, also remained in the hospital.

Mayfield said Jonathan Levy, 24, was swinging at Philip Heintzen with knives in both hands when Heintzen's wife struck Levy with her cane and he turned toward her.

Mayfield said police have not yet determined what led to the attack outside the store on U.S. Highway 441. Levy, charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder, refused an interview request at the Lake County Jail.

"It's very brazen and bold, especially since it's right out in front of the…doors of Target," said Mayfield. As for a motive, she said, "Right now, we don't know."

Police said Levy fled on foot across the highway and was found behind a Chili's restaurant nearby. Mayfied said that on Sunday morning, authorities found the knives they think Levy used in the attack, in a small lake behind the restaurant.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-bk-target-attack-040509,0,6993.story

Stupid Crazy Fuckhead just attacking an elderly couple like that. I hope he gets attacked in jail/prison and gets his head bashed in for this. Who in there right mind would do such a thing but a crazy fuck. I'm so sick of people killing people especially for no reason. I mean I don't want anyone killing someone for a reason either but for no reason makes it even worse.

Unless more details come out, I'm going to guess mental illness. I mean, that's an odd way to try to kill people, with a knife in each hand, swinging wildly, and if there's no connection between this man and his victims, I just can't imagine anything else.

He looks like a fucking toad. Kudos to Sandra for trying to protect her husband. I hope they both heal quickly and without any long term physical effects due to this piece of shit attacking them.

MOUNT DORA - An 80-year-old man who was stabbed repeatedly after he and his wife were attacked while leaving the Target store on U.S. Highway 441, died today, police Chief T. Randall Scoggins told the Orlando Sentinel.

Scoggins said he learned of Philip Heintzen's death at Orlando Regional Medical Center from the Leesburg couple's son. Jonathan M. Levy, 24, of Eustis is in the Lake County Jail, charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder.

Scoggins said the department is pursuing a first-degree murder charge against Levy.

"There's ample evidence that this was premeditated," he said. "He came over to the parking lot with two butcher knives."
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/lake/orl-lake-county-target-041509,0,7285009.story

Charges upgraded/mental health eval.

A 24-year-old man accused in the April 4 stabbing attack on an elderly couple at the Mount Dora Target store today was charged with first-degree murder following the death of one of his victims, 80-year-old Philip Heintzen of Leesburg.

The Mount Dora Police Department upgraded the charges against Jonathan Levy of Eustis. Also today, Lake sheriff's Sgt. John Herrell said Levy is on suicide watch at the Lake County Jail. Levy was placed in "administrative confinement," where he is in a cell separated from the general population because of the high-profile nature of the case, Herrell said.

Mount Dora police Lt. Robert Bell said an autopsy conducted by 5th Judicial Circuit Medical Examiner Barbara Wolf attributed Philip Heintzen's death to "complications from multiple sharp-force injuries."

Sandra Heintzen, 69, remains hospitalized at Orlando Regional Medical Center. Bell, who remains in daily contact with the couple's son, P.J. Heintzen, 43, said Sandra Heintzen's medical condition remains unchanged. She was readmitted to ORMS Wednesday night after a short release.

"He doesn't want to leave his mother's side," Bell said of the son.

Investigators have begun to examine mental-health records in a search for a motive.

"I am sure the defense will file to get an [mental-health] evaluation done on him and so will the state," Bell said.

Levy was caught shortly after the attack and was identified by witnesses. He had been held on two counts of attempted first-degree murder.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...arget-stabbing-suicide-041709,0,7273422.story

Heal well. Sorry this asshat had to inject himself into your life.

Hope you rot in hell, Jonathan

How fucked up is it that this man and woman made it this far in life, married, committed, loving, and this sick fuck had to kill him. Now he is gone and she is devastated. Life is so not fair.

Back