• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Halima Aden is no stranger to breaking barriers — and now, she has another first under her belt.

The Somali-American model and activist, 21, will appear as the first hijab-wearing woman in the annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. In the 2019 edition, Aden poses in Kenya — where she was born into a refugee camp and lived until she was seven years old.

It’s the first time the modest swim style has been portrayed in the magazine.

“Having Halima as a part of SI Swimsuit is yet another example of the range and scope of the type of beauty that exists,” MJ Day, editor of SI Swimsuit, said in a press release. “Her participation and inclusion further highlights the brands commitment and belief in supporting women to own who they are and what makes them unique and ultimately reaffirms what our messaging has been, that you are worthy.”

Aden herself gave a statement about the power of the glossy images. “This feature is proving that a fully covered hijab wearing model can confidently stand alongside a beautiful woman in a revealing bikini and together they can celebrate one another, cheer each other on, and champion each other’s successes,” she said.

“Young Muslim women need to know that there is a modest swimsuit option available to them so they can join the swim team, participate in swim class at school and go with their friends to the beach. Muslim girls should feel confident taking that step and doing so comfortably while wearing a burkini.”

Aden previously made headlines as the first hijab-wearing contestant in the Miss Minnesota USA pageant, and quickly became the first hijabi signed to a major modeling agency.

So since they are all for inclusion next year we should have an extremely obese woman or a handicapped woman.

So she only shows her hands and face? I don't get it. I've done some professional modeling-nothing anywhere near this impressive-and most people won't shoot you unless you're willing to wear what the norm is in their pictures. She must have gotten like ten percent of what they usually pay.

A lady who worked for one of our business partners in Bahrain came to California for training..
She told me her husband gave her permission to take the business trip, but he wasn't happy about it. She was travelling with two men.
She talked about going to the beach back home with the women and children in her family. How wonderful the beach and water was. I asked if she ever went swimming. She said "Oh no, we can't do that." I asked if there wasn't some place or time set aside where women and children could go to a beach and swim. She said "No, it's just not like that there."
A burkini is a good idea or sun protection. But she wasn't allowed to swim.

Yeah, so dam popular everywhere, not our beaches you don’t. We into topless and nudes, you show those titties on our beaches
French police make woman remove clothing on Nice beach following burkini ban

Authorities in 15 towns have banned burkinis, citing public concern following recent terrorist attacks in the country

Back