• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hat tip to ghosttruck.

The island of Jersey is being plagued by packs of feral chickens. Residents say the wild birds are tearing up gardens, blocking traffic and even chasing joggers.

Two modest culls have been attempted, resulting in a total of 35 chickens killed. But Environmental Minister John Young said Jersey is still "dealing with very large numbers." In 2019 alone, he's received some 40 complaints about the birds, which are waking residents up in the middle of the night.
[....]
"We are in a situation where we have got animal lovers on the one hand and where we have got those who are experiencing a nuisance on the other," said Young. "I can't pretend to sit here and say I have got an answer to that."

Believed to have been abandoned pets or livestock, the feral fowl now roam freely in packs of up to 100, according to the Jersey Evening Post. Without any foxes on the island, they have no natural predator and are reproducing quickly.
[....]
Jersey is the largest of the Channel Islands but it's not technically part of the United Kingdom. The loss of the island's official state vet has slowed efforts to address the problem, according to the Post.

The chickens are not protected under animal-welfare laws because they're not owned by anyone. Landowners are allowed to kill any that are "causing a nuisance," and officials are asking residents not to feed the birds, even inadvertently by leaving out food.

At a town meeting, Young said one unidentified woman offered to house the birds on her property. But because she didn't run a licensed animal shelter, the offer was declined.

While this appears to be the first brood discovered in Europe, feral chickens have appeared in Key West, New Orleans, Houston, the Virgin Islands and elsewhere.

One long-lived colony, "The Hollywood Freeway chickens," has resided under the U.S. Route 101's Vineland Avenue off-ramp since the early 1970s. Attempts to relocate the birds have only been partially successful, with the remaining birds birthing new colonies. In fact, there is now a second colony two miles away under another ramp.

Titirangi, a suburb of Aukland, New Zealand, has been grappling with a feral chicken problem that's now being compounded by an infestation of massive "cat-sized" rats. The foot-long rodents, which travel in packs of ten and show no apparent fear of humans, are believed to be dining on food left out for the birds.

I will take care of this.
Will need the following...

1 X-large deep fryer
4 large capacity Actifry air fryers
4 comely wenches with experience cleaning and preparing chickens for human consumption
1 high speed golf cart
10 lbs of German potato salad
10 lbs of cold slaw
15 lbs of celery
5 gallons blue cheese dressing
15 gallons of wing and bbq sauce

I will provide my own sword and bring my own Hound...

I will take care of this.
Will need the following...

1 X-large deep fryer
4 large capacity Actifry air fryers
4 comely wenches with experience cleaning and preparing chickens for human consumption
1 high speed golf cart
10 lbs of German potato salad
10 lbs of cold slaw
15 lbs of celery
5 gallons blue cheese dressing
15 gallons of wing and bbq sauce

I will provide my own sword and bring my own Hound...

Don't forget the fries!

@Sejanus I'm not sure if I'm comely but I have big boobs and a medieval type costume dress and I can chop up a chicken from scratch so sign me up.
Big boobs is 50% of being comely...lol.
Chicken is another 25%.
The rest is usually determined by audition...but the Ren Gear gets you over the top!
Welcome to the BBQ Grillery Orgy.

Latest posts

Back