• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
DDD1l.jpg
"Matthew Nesser, who was named a top educator at the Edward Hynes Charter School in 2010, pleaded guilty to contributing to the delinquency of a minor and malfeasance in a public job in connection with the case, NOLA.com. The 37-year-old was initially hit with a count of indecent behavior with a juvenile and faced up to seven years in prison.

As part of a deal with prosecutors, the charge was downgraded and Nesser was sentenced to three years of probation. He was also required to forfeit his Louisiana teaching certificate and undergo counseling.

Upon completion of his sentence, the ex-teacher’s record will be expunged, a judge ruled.

According to an arrest warrant obtained by NOLA.com, the 14-year-old student told her mother that Nesser had kissed her on several different occasions, including when they were alone in his classroom and while she was helping him grade papers.

She later told police that Nesser also gave her back rubs and professed his for love her, claiming they could be together when she got older if she kept their relationship secret from her parents, according WDSU-6. He also gave the teen gifts, including jewelry and chocolates, for both her birthday and Valentine’s Day.

Nesser was fired as a teacher for the charter school when the student’s mother contacted authorities in April 2018. He was arrested shortly after and has sine been released on bond."

More here.

Matthew Nesser may one day have his record expunged but he is still a pervert.
The former teacher liked sexually grooming a 14 year old female student but figures he will be free and clear in a pittance of years after a woefully inadequate sentence.
The internet needs to follow and remember him...for the rest of his vile existence.

Matthew Nesser.
BB1aZtez.jpeg

I'm glad the parents were able to break up the grooming ritual before it got worse. An adult with authority could easily wreak havoc on a young person's mind.

Realistically the guy's career is ruined. Even if he did leave the state, this crime would pop up on a background check now, assuming he's given one. He took the plead deal early though and will only have to serve probation.

Although since he was brought to authorities after he kissed her, who's to say whether he will have to register as a sex offender, there was no sex with students involved (at the time of his arrest).

Extremely unprofessional on top of everything else.

Realistically the guy's career is ruined. Even if he did leave the state, this crime would pop up on a background check now, assuming he's given one. He took the plead deal early though and will only have to serve probation.

Although since he was brought to authorities after he kissed her, who's to say whether he will have to register as a sex offender, there was no sex with students involved (at the time of his arrest).
That’s not necessarily the case. If he completes his very easy probation, his record will be expunged. It will be like he never committed this crime. Clear slate. This after he was grooming his 14 year old student. He had already started intimate, romantic, physical contact with her. His student. With an expunged record, his crime cannot be held against him. It’s gone. Poof!

And unless being a registered offender was part of his sentence, he won’t have to register at all. I’m sure he won’t be registering after his crime is expunged

If I’m wrong, someone please tell me.I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think so.

They chose to possibly expunge the wrong thing, and he should be imprisoned. The "Teacher of the Year" award should be expunged.

Maybe he should be expunged as well.

He should not come near a school again. The only exception should be if his head proceeds through the hallways, while his body stays home. It would be a nice ball to use at recess.

From article:
His attorney, Joseph Raspanti, told NOLA the ex-teacher pleaded guilty when it became clear he would not see trial until 2022 due to delays sparked by the coronavirus pandemic.

“My client has always professed his innocence of these charges,” Raspanti said.

“But because of the pandemic and the time he would have had to wait for a jury trial, he decided for the good of his family to acquiesce to the offer made by the DA’s office of these minor, reduced charges and go on with his life.”

One wonders if it is indeed possible that he is innocent. If there was little evidence other than the girl's word that this happened, maybe that's why the prosecution thought this would be a fair compromise. He definitely wouldn't be the first person to have their career ruined over nothing. But who knows.

His "record" will be expunged but not the arrest itself. To do that you have to prove why the "community" not you would be better with it expunged. It was a valid arrest and arrest are separate from convictions.
But if the conviction is expunged, does that prevent him from returning to teaching? We’re innocent until proved guilty, so is he guilty of a crime that would preclude being a teacher in the future after his conviction is expunged?

My Cracker Jack prize law degree says he can work his way back to authority over children with this sentence. Of course my Cracker Jack prize law degree is about as valid as this BS sentence...

@Donut Whisperer .. my ex had me arrested for something very serious in nature by false allegations to be vindictive. I got it all thrown out and was able to have him arrested for numerous things in relation to false allegations - lying to police etc.. everything came off my record except the arrest. It was explained to me that the arrest was made in good faith and was a solid arrest due to allegations. I went to court to have the arrest expunged. It was a life and job effecting charge. They told me even though it was unfortunate and not within my control that I had been accused and arrested I could not prove why the community would benefit from it being removed. It hung with me for 10 years - cost me some good jobs. I could have paid a lawyer to fight it further but, as a single mom working and putting myself through college I didn't have $5000 to put down as a retainer and cost possibly more. It took everything in my power to 'not' end up in jail.

@Donut Whisperer .. my ex had me arrested for something very serious in nature by false allegations to be vindictive. I got it all thrown out and was able to have him arrested for numerous things in relation to false allegations - lying to police etc.. everything came off my record except the arrest. It was explained to me that the arrest was made in good faith and was a solid arrest due to allegations. I went to court to have the arrest expunged. It was a life and job effecting charge. They told me even though it was unfortunate and not within my control that I had been accused and arrested I could not prove why the community would benefit from it being removed. It hung with me for 10 years - cost me some good jobs. I could have paid a lawyer to fight it further but, as a single mom working and putting myself through college I didn't have $5000 to put down as a retainer and cost possibly more. It took everything in my power to 'not' end up in jail.
That’s the kind of shit that pisses me off. And the other side of the coin (kind of). What happened to you is the opposite of justice, and you sure as hell don’t need me to tell you that. But if this turd who groomed a student has that $5,000, what then? Does he pay the same lawyer to fight to have the arrest expunged?

An innocent single parent never should have had opportunities compromised for a bad arrest. It never should have happened. And a teacher convicted of any offense against a student should never have the conviction expunged.

Thanks for your reply. I hope the arrest and the internet do work to protect young girls he may try to abuse in the future. I really want to be wrong in thinking he may worm his way back into a teaching job. I just don’t trust the system that allows these sorts of things to happen.

Back