• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Wow why would the cops advertise this? They should be ashamed of themselves.

A man doesnt make any threat, doesnt say anything to incite violence in any manner, yet he is charged with terrorism? HUH!???

What a fucking waste of resources.

Yet every city in America is worried about how many inmates are crowding their cells due to the virus. These hick trash deputies dont give a shit.

They wont shoot on site, but they will trample freedom of speech. Fuck this sherrifs dept. This is sickening.
 
The main post is hotlinking Facebook in some sense. All I see is a horrible shithead picture of someone who should have his head cut off and a message "Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.". I have facebook scripting disabled, which explains why I see that.
 
@Blizzard
Louisiana sheriff’s deputies aren’t standing for disinformation about the novel coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19, especially when that information is about them.

The Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office said it had arrested a man on Friday and charged him with terrorism for making a false social media post:
“SHARE SHARE SHARE ! ! ! ! JUST IN: RAPIDES PARISH SHERIFFS OFFICE HAVE ISSUED THE ORDER, IF DEPUTIES COME INTO CONTACT WITH “THE INFECTED’ SHOOT ON SIGHT….Lord have mercy on us all. #Covid9teen #weneedyoubradpit”

The sheriff’s office didn’t say on what platform Waylon Allen Bailey, 27, allegedly made the post and CrimeOnline could not find it, KEEL radio reported it had been told the post was on Facebook.

Detectives launched an investigation when the post was brought to their attention Friday morning and soon settled on Bailey as a suspect. They found him near his residence and took him into custody without incident.

Bailey is currently being held on a $10,000 bond.
 
February 1, 2024

1779179126029.webp

Last week, a jury determined that Waylon Bailey’s constitutional rights had been violated and ordered the Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office to pay $205,000 in compensatory and punitive damages. During the COVID-19 pandemic Waylon made a joke about the virus, zombies, and the sheriff’s department on Facebook. Hours later, a team of armed sheriff’s deputies, dressed in tactical gear, arrested Waylon.
The charges were later dropped, but when Waylon sued the department and deputy responsible for the arrest, a federal court granted qualified immunity and dismissed the suit. Waylon’s trial attorneys at Bizer & DeReus teamed up with the Institute for Justice (IJ), a national public interest law firm, and appealed to the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. After argument by IJ, the 5th Circuit reversed the dismissal, saying Waylon’s speech was protected by the First Amendment. This cleared the way for a jury to consider the case and award damages.
“I feel vindicated that the jury agreed that my post was satire and that no reasonable police officer should have arrested me for my speech,” said Waylon Bailey. “This verdict is a clear signal that the government can’t just arrest someone because the officers didn’t like what they said. I’d like to thank my lawyers for their hard work and determination.”
“It is telling that it took less than two hours for a jury of Mr. Bailey’s peers in Western Louisiana to rule in his favor on all issues,” said Andrew Bizer, Bailey’s trial attorney. “The jury clearly understood that the Facebook post was Constitutionally protected speech. The jury’s award of significant damages shows that they understood how Mr. Bailey’s world was turned upside down when the police wrongly branded him a terrorist. We are delighted with this result.”
 
Back
Top