• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jaded

Staff member
ALTON, Ill. - An Illinois woman says her beloved miniature dachshund gnawed off her right big toe while she was asleep. Linda Floyd told the Alton Telegraph for a story Wednesday that her beloved Roscoe was euthanized because of safety concerns.

The 56-year-old says she has no feeling in her toes because of nerve damage from diabetes. She discovered the toe missing after waking from a nap Monday. She called her daughter, who phoned 911.

A veterinarian says the toe had been bandaged because of a healing hangnail. That might have somehow attracted the dog.

http://www.thetimesonline.com/articles/2008/07/04/ap/strange/d91mqip82.txt

Note to self, if ever I get diabetes, I will never bandage my toes with dogs in the house. :whistle:

So, we euthanize the "beloved" dog for this? Shit, her toe is gone, what's to worry about?

I'm sorry, it's another instance of people thinking that dogs who behave as dogs must be killed. Assholes.

Well there is the theory that once it has human flesh it will become out of control. Most dogs that bite or do some harm, do end up being put down because of the fear of the dog. Also for some tests I believe the dog cannot be alive for when they are doing the follow ups to see if there was something wrong (like rabies in an early form or whatever). I may be completely wrong about that.

Back