• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
Robert Penilton says his 9-year old neighbor seemed like a typical child, "He seemed to be a happy little boy as far as I know. He'd come out there and speak to me."

Sunday night Dillon Peretic's mother found him hanging from a bunk bed. Initially his death was considered a suicide but Marshall County Sheriff Deputies are now calling this a death investigation. Late last night they got a search warrant for the home to reconstruct the scene.

"Nobody's been charged. We've interviewed a lot of people. We've taken statements, issued some subpoenas for medical records, school records and other cases we need to get and look at," said Major Kelly McMillen.

Major Kelly McMillen says deputies are trying to put together all of the pieces and because a young child is involved they are leaving no stone unturned.

McMillen says they spent a lot of time talking with school officials at H.W. Byers where Dillon was a student. He believes the death has nothing to with anything going on there.

"We haven't gotten any information that there has been any bullying or anything that has taken place at the school. I've met with the school officials and along with superintendent because people are talking about that."

With so many questions still unanswered, those who knew little Dillon say this is a terrible situation for everyone.

"It's sad. It's sad, real sad, for his age 9-years old. It's real sad," said Penilton.

Tony Farese, the lawyer for Dillon Paretic's family, says it is a tragic accident. The family, he says, is devastated and cooperating with law enforcement. He believes this will be ruled an accident.

Visitation for Dillon is being held this evening until nine at Holly Springs Funeral Home. The funeral is scheduled for two o'clock at the funeral home.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-death-investigation-nine-year-old,0,4700666.story?track=rss

this happened to a girl i worked with...her lil boy's head got stuck in the top railings and he strangled trying to get free...he was 8 :(

ETA: not talking about THIS boy in the article...it was another lil boy

My cousin disappeared when he was 10. They searched from 8PM to 3am. At 5am they resumed searching. He was found at his grandmas trailer with a dog chain around his neck and a hand print bruise on his face. New shoes on with minimal dirt. It had been raining and it was wet with a lot of mesquitos?sp? He didn't have a single bite on him. It hadn't rained for over 24 hours when we got there the next day. Within minutes of stepping outside the car everyone had been bitten. IMHO I honestly don't think a 9 or 10 year old has the thought process to commit suicide. My cousin had developmental problems. There is no way. Here it is 11 years later and I still have a million questions with no answers.

My prayers go out to his family. Such a truely tragic story. Rest in peace little one.

Back