Currently Reading or Already Read...Tell Us All About It

• Hey, Guest, do you like free horror books? If you do, you may be interested in the Humble Book Bundle: Tales of Horror Giveaway. Check this thread if interested.
  • You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

brandi

christ on a cracker
Jan 17, 2013
Ratings
7,104 644 88
the great state of Texas
thanks to the lovely Countess, i am reading The Fireman by Joe Hill.
[doublepost=1498572907,1498143444][/doublepost]ok so, The Fireman was extremely long. it kept me reading for the most part, but sometimes it put me to sleep. it's overly descriptive. i like to be able to picture things but this would go on for 2 pages describing a house. other than that, i have nothing bad to say. 6/10 would fall asleep to it again.

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

brokenandtwisted

Apr 28, 2007
Ratings
1,356 62 73
On the Edge of Glory
thanks to the lovely Countess, i am reading The Fireman by Joe Hill.
[doublepost=1498572907,1498143444][/doublepost]ok so, The Fireman was extremely long. it kept me reading for the most part, but sometimes it put me to sleep. it's overly descriptive. i like to be able to picture things but this would go on for 2 pages describing a house. other than that, i have nothing bad to say. 6/10 would fall asleep to it again.
Yes, holy shit such a boring book. I haven't finished it. And I'm a whore for nineteenth-century literature, so I'm definitely interested in boring crap. But Jesus H Christ, The Fireman is brutal. I'd rather read the dozens of pages on agrarian business in Anna Karenina than continue reading The Fireman.

I am currently reading A Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe. It's decent.

Edwina Gein

Pinko Satanist Snowflake
Bold Member!
Nov 5, 2014
Ratings
2,363 361 37
I just started reading The Scarlet Gospels by Clive Barker. Barker's style is kinda pretentious but I like Hellraiser; so far it's worth reading for the Cenobites

Dead Stephanie

Bold Member!
Nov 26, 2017
Ratings
8,497 743 28
A warm place
www.shadyurl.com
I just started reading The Scarlet Gospels by Clive Barker. Barker's style is kinda pretentious but I like Hellraiser; so far it's worth reading for the Cenobites
I read The Damnation Game. I love his style. Hellraiser was a childhood fav of mine. The Cenobites kick ass, when the lights dim and they show up, i was amazed at the hooks when I was a kid

Edwina Gein

Pinko Satanist Snowflake
Bold Member!
Nov 5, 2014
Ratings
2,363 361 37
I read The Damnation Game. I love his style. Hellraiser was a childhood fav of mine. The Cenobites kick ass, when the lights dim and they show up, i was amazed at the hooks when I was a kid
Maybe I'm still upset about Candyman. Candyman is one of my favorite horror movies but I hated the short story it was based on. I don't know why. I think it's because the movie's set in America. My family's from Chicago so it's easier to relate to Cabrini-Green than council estates

Last edited:

Muriel Schwenck

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
Feb 8, 2014
Ratings
32,122 1,256 255
disgustingjokes.blogspot.com
I love to buy used books from abebooks.com. So many low low prices, even from the UK. Friday's mail contained "Harry Black" by David Walker, the source novel for the movie "Harry Black and The Tiger" which is one of my favorite Stewart Granger movies.
Also received "Memory Hold The Door", a memoir by John Buchan. (JFK's favorite book apparently.) Fun coincidence, David Walker was Military Aide to John Buchan when Buchan was Governor General of Canada.
I did not know the authors knew each other.
Also reading "Bestseller" by Claud Cockburn, a review of best sellers between 1900-1939. Which might sound rather trivial subject, but he reviews several cracking novels of the period and an analysis of the point of view of readers of the time. Bonus: I've read most of the books reviewed so I can add my memories of the books to Cockburn's insights. It is so entertaining, I've rationed my self to a chapter a week just to stretch the pleasure.

Fellofftheporch

Always Missing Something
Bold Member!
May 4, 2018
Ratings
2,657 240 12
Just got done reading "Strange Weather" by Joe Hill. Its 4 short stories that I was rather impressed with. Joe Hill is Stephen King's son... and I have to be honest, I like Joe better. He has a book called "Heart Shaped Box" and "Horns" that are on my fave books list.

Jaded

No fucks to give
Staff member
Feb 16, 2008
Ratings
7,439 196 33
Under your bed
www.dreamindemon.com
Just got done reading "Strange Weather" by Joe Hill. Its 4 short stories that I was rather impressed with. Joe Hill is Stephen King's son... and I have to be honest, I like Joe better. He has a book called "Heart Shaped Box" and "Horns" that are on my fave books list.
I love me some Joe Hill. Mostly. I have yet to complete Heart Shaped Box. I've tried multiple times. I will be checking out Strange Weather.