• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Stop giving money to these universities

This makes me wonder how many unfair grades were given to Jewish students and for how long.

More than 100 Columbia University professors signed a letter Monday defending students who supported Hamas’ “military action” in Israel on Oct. 7 and called on administrators to protect those students from “disturbing reverberations” on the Manhattan campus.

As top donors vow to stop giving money to the university amid a swell of pro-Palestinian demonstrations, professors demanded that the administration protect demonstrators from doxxing efforts from trucks dubbing them “Columbia’s Leading Anti-Semites” and halt its educational outposts in Israel.
The Ivy League staffers also demanded that the administration “cease issuing statements that favor the suffering and death of Israelis or Jews over the suffering and deaths of Palestinians.”
“As scholars who are committed to robust inquiry about the most challenging matters of our time, we feel compelled to respond to those who label our students antisemitic if they express empathy for the lives and dignity of Palestinians and/or if they signed a student-written statement that situated the military action begun on Oct. 7 within the larger context of the occupation of Palestine by Israel,” the letter reads.
“In our view, the student statement aims to recontextualize the events of Oct. 7, 2023, pointing out that military operations and state violence did not begin that day, but rather it represented a military response by a people who had endured crushing and unrelenting state violence from an occupying power over many years,” they wrote of the brutal terror attack that killed more than 1,400 Israelis, most of them civillians.
The professors wrote in the letter on Monday that the students believe that peace and safety will remain elusive “unless the illegal occupation of Palestinian territory ends and accountability for that illegal occupation is achieved,” which they claim is “not a radical or essentially controversial opinion,” noting it is supported by the United Nations and several human rights organizations.

Professors also backed the university’s Palestine Solidarity Groups label of conditions in Gaza as “apartheid,” noting that groups such as Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have agreed.
Faculty members conclude their letter by saying, “One of the core responsibilities of a world-class university is to interrogate the underlying facts of both settled propositions and those that are ardently disputed.
“As faculty, we are committed to the project of holding discomfort and working across difference with our students,” it reads.

“These core academic values and purposes are profoundly undermined when our students are vilified for voicing perspectives that, while legitimately debated in other institutional settings, expose them to severe forms of harassment and intimidation at Columbia.”

Columbia administrators declined to comment on the letter, but pointed out that a separate faculty statement is also being circulated where signees encourage the university’s ties with Israel, which had been signed by over 200 staff by monday afternoon.

It reads in part: “In the wake of this sobering conflict, we write to express our commitment to the University’s ties with Israel.

“Our research and teaching missions benefit from these ties, and we encourage the University to build on them.”
A spokesperson for the university told The Post last week that “antisemitism or any other form of hate will never be tolerated in our community,” as officials canceled an on-campus student group event that had disinvited Zionists.

The Monday missive came in response to backlash over a student statement that claimed Gaza is an “open-air prison.”
Continue reading at link

1698700108940.png

So, which is it?

Hundreds of Columbia professors sign new letter saying they’re ‘appalled’ and ‘horrified’ about campus antisemitism​

More than 200 faculty members at Columbia University said Tuesday they were “appalled by the spate of antisemitic incidents” on the Manhattan campus, a day after scores of their colleagues signed a letter defending students who supported Hamas’ brutal Oct. 7 terror attack.

The new letter came after Jewish students rallied on campus to blast the administration’s “inaction” on what they called an “unsafe” atmosphere in the weeks since the attack, due to at least one attack on an Israeli student, death threats and rampant hate speech and vandalism.

While the faculty members agree “there should be robust debate about complex and difficult issues” concerning the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, they say “there is no excuse for Hamas’s barbaric attack on Israeli civilians.”

“We are horrified that anyone would celebrate these monstrous attacks or, as some members of the Columbia faculty have done in a recent letter, try to ‘recontextualize’ them as a ‘salvo,’ as the ‘exercise of a right to resist’ occupation, or as ‘military action,'” the letter reads.

The new missive is signed by many highly distinguished professors and notable academics from around the world.

@Turd Fergusen
You express surprise that professors, employees, of an entity, in this case, Columbia University, aren't required to hold the exact same opinions.

Would it surprise you to know that the percentages of University professors identifying as liberal, conservative, and don't care, is the same as the American public?

28% of Americans identify as conservative.
26% of University professors identify as conservative.

The % differences go straight to the "I don't care" group.

ie, When you ask a geology professor how they politically identify, they might say:

"I'm looking at rocks, I don't give a shit."

We're talking about professors here, not students, not student groups.
Seems the woke indoctrinators are eating each other
Seems the asleep indoctrinators ate each other up over the Speaker of the House kerfufflea.

, interesting how this has divided the liberal woke.
Interesting how this has divided the conservative asleep.

"Republican senators are deeply divided over tying aid for Ukraine to Israel funding."

The ex racist now woke Brandon is caught in the middle, is he woke or isn’t he,

I not agreeing with your conclusion,
but perhaps you'd be so kind as to explain something to me:

Exactly what would racism have to do with policy on Israel?

what’s more important the votes or the donations?

What's more important?
You're kidding, right?!

You should be worried about Biden further involving America in this war.

No standing U. S. President, not one, during wartime, has ever lost a reelection.

That's not good.
Donations and appeals for votes isn't even in this equation.

Biden knows that.
You don't.

A proposito, è vero che idolatri Giovanni Gentile? Is it?

Gaza IS an open air prison. You can't leave, even by water. The refugee camps contain the Palestinians and descendants driven from their homes by the creation of Israel in 1948. They can't fly away, walk away, or swim away. It's a ghetto waiting for a final solution.
It's Hamas that counting down the minutes.

Jewish billionaire Henry Swieca quits Columbia board over ‘abhorrent’ threats to Jews on campus​

Jewish billionaire and philanthropist Henry Swieca quit the Columbia University board of directors over what he called the Ivy League school’s “moral cowardice” for allowing a “blatantly anti-Jewish” sentiment to thrive on campus.

“To my deep regret the reputation and integrity of Columbia University, and by extension Columbia Business School, have been significantly compromised by a moral cowardice that appears beyond repair,” Swieca said in a resignation letter made public this week, Fox News reported.

“This is abhorrent,” he wrote in the scathing letter. “Any other minority group on campus would never have to face anything close to this level of intimidation and hatred of Jewish and pro-Israel students experience.”

Swieca added, “To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.”

His resignation comes amid a disturbing outburst of pro-Palestinian fervor on Ivy League campuses in the wake of the sneak attack on Israel by radical Hamas terrorists on Oct. 7 and the subsequent retaliation by the Jewish State in the Gaza Strip.

Columbia suspends anti-Israel student groups for ‘threatening rhetoric and intimidation’​

Columbia University is suspending the far-left groups Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) and Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP) as official student groups through the end of the fall term, it announced on Friday, saying they had violated university policies.

The university said it made the decision after the groups “repeatedly violated University policies related to holding campus events, culminating in an unauthorized event Thursday afternoon that proceeded despite warnings and included threatening rhetoric and intimidation.”

Gerald Rosberg, Senior Executive Vice President of the University, released a statement explaining the decision.

“Suspension means the two groups will not be eligible to hold events on campus or receive University funding. Lifting the suspension will be contingent on the two groups demonstrating a commitment to compliance with University policies and engaging in consultations at a group leadership level with University officials,” he wrote.

“Like all student groups, SJP and JVP are required to abide by University policies and procedures. This ensures both the safety of our community and that core University activities can be conducted without disruption. During this especially charged time on our campus, we are strongly committed to giving space to student groups to participate in debate, advocacy, and protest. This relies on community members abiding by the rules and cooperating with University administrators who have a duty to ensure the safety of everyone in our community.”

More than 500 alumni thank Columbia University for suspending anti-Israel groups​

More than 500 Columbia University alumni have signed a letter thanking the school for suspending two student groups accused of spewing threats while opposing Israel’s war against Hamas.
The Students for Justice in Palestine and Jewish Voice for Peace were suspended through the end of the fall term for violating the Manhattan Ivy League institution’s policies regarding “threatening rhetoric and intimidation.”

The SJP specifically was accused of celebrating Hamas’ terrorist attack Oct. 7 that saw more than 1,200 people massacred in Israel and nearly 240 others taken hostage.
“While debate, advocacy, and protest have always been, and must remain, central to Columbia’s DNA, the recent anti-Israel and pro-Hamas demonstrations display an unacceptable ignorance of historical facts and dangerous ideological militancy,” read the letter sent to the school Monday.

“It is truly frightening to watch organizations of students at Columbia University act in ideological lockstep with authoritarian nations, regimes, or their proxies which advocate for violence, deny their citizens human rights and the free expression of ideas, and oppose equal rights for women and the LGBTQ community,” the alumni added.
While thanking the school for suspending the groups, the alumni called on the university to stop such demonstrations from taking place in the future as New York City and the world as a whole have seen a sharp rise in antisemitism after Israel’s declaration of war in Gaza.

The alumni letter went on to warn about the comments made by the JVP after its suspension, where the Jewish group suggested it would not back down from holding pro-Palestinian rallies on campus.
1699993669022.png

The alumni said the group’s statement served as “a direct threat” to escalate divisions on campus and urged Columbia to permanently ban the SJP and JVP, as well as investigate all the other student groups that joined a recent walkout with the pro-Palestinian organizations.
The letter also called on Columbia University president Minouche Shafik to directly condemn the phrase “From the river to the sea,” a chant used by pro-Palestinian protesters that the alumni said “implies the eradication of Jews from Israel.”

Other hurtful and inciting phrases, including calls for a “global intifada” or uprising, should not be permitted on campus, and those chanting these words should be held accountable for hate speech, the alumni wrote.
After the groups’ suspension, Gerald Rosberg, the university’s senior executive vice president, issued a statement that the SJP and JVP will not be able to hold events on campus or receive funding from the school.
“Lifting the suspension will be contingent on the two groups demonstrating a commitment to compliance with University policies and engaging in consultations at a group leadership level with University officials,” he said.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft pulls support from Columbia after anti-Israel protests: ‘No longer an institution I recognize’​

New England Patriots team owner Robert Kraft announced Monday that he was pulling his support from Columbia University over the ongoing anti-Israel protest at the Manhattan campus.

“It was through the full academic scholarship Columbia gave me that I was able to attend college and get my start in life and for that I have been tremendously grateful,” Kraft said in a statement. “However, the school I love so much – the one that welcomed me and provided me with so much opportunity – is no longer an institution I recognize.”
Post automatically merged:

Elise Stefanik, all NY House GOP lawmakers demand Columbia President Minouche Shafik resign immediately​

Stefanik and bipartisan members of the House Education and Workforce Committee grilled Shafik last week over her failures to protect Jewish students from intimidation, harassment and even assaults by anti-Israel demonstrators after Hamas killed an estimated 1,200 people — including 33 US citizens — in a surprise terror attack Oct. 7.

Columbia students told reporters before the House hearing that they have been targeted for wearing Star of David necklaces and shouted “F–k the Jews” in the kosher section of campus dining halls.

That same day, demonstrators descended onto the campus and set up dozens of tents in a show of force meant to convince Columbia to divest from Israel.

Columbia University faces calls for tuition refunds as school moves to hybrid classes for rest of term in wake of anti-Israel protests​

Columbia University has announced that classes at its main campus will be held remotely for the final weeks of the semester — as critics blasted the “weak” administration for allowing anti-Israel student protesters to shut down the college “in essence” and called on parents to seek tuition refunds.

“It’s vital that teaching and learning continue during this time. We recognize conditions vary across our campuses and thus are issuing the following guidelines,” provost Angela Olinto wrote in a Monday night notice to students and faculty as the anti-Israel encampment on campus neared the seven-day mark.

Classes on the university’s Morningside Heights campus will be hybrid — “technology permitting” — through the end of the spring 2024 semester on April 29, the letter said.

Faculty without the means to provide hybrid classes were urged to consider the fully remote option, and to “provide other accommodations liberally” in the final days of the semester.

Pro-terror radical launched 2-hour anti-Israel tirade at Columbia University event weeks before protests exploded: ‘Nothing wrong with being a Hamas fighter’​

Radical anti-Israel activists told Columbia students, “there is nothing wrong with being a fighter in Hamas” — weeks before the campus exploded in pro-Palestinian protests.

In a two-hour tirade to the hardest core of anti-Israeli activists at Columbia and its sister college Barnard, Charlotte Kates, the international coordinator of Samidoun: Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network, said, “These are the people who are on the front lines defending Palestine and fighting for its liberation.”

The endorsement of a terrorist organization responsible for the mass murder of hundreds of Israelis on October 7 was by Charlotte Kates who spoke with her husband Khaled Barakat to members of the Columbia University Apartheid Divest Group, in a seminar called “Resistance 101.”

“Every demonstration in New York matters more than all this nonsense that happens in mainstream media,” Barakat told them. “Your work is so important to the resistance in Gaza, more than ever.”

Kates and Barakat represented themselves as speaking on behalf of Samidoun, the “Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity network,” at the meeting.

In reality, Barakat is a senior member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) which is a designated terrorist organization responsible for a string of attacks on Israeli civilians and closely allied to both Hamas and Hezbollah.

Post automatically merged:

SHEEP... they don't even know what they are fighting for.... wish people would put this much energy into fighting for AMERICA!!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure of the accuracy of this.

Columbia University Jewish professor's 'ID card deactivated' amid protests: 'This is 1938'​

A Jewish professor at Columbia University in New York City has been denied access to campus, according to reports.

Israeli Professor Shai Davidai's ID card was deactivated by the school, he said on Monday.
A video posted to social media shows police and several protesters surrounding Davidai outside Columbia's campus.

In the video, Davidai can be heard saying: "Everybody, my card has been deactivated... When I asked them if Hamas was a terrorist organization, and they couldn't say if Hamas was a terrorist organization...I am a professor here. I have every right to be everywhere on campus...Let me in now."
Later on Monday, Davidai wrote in a post on X: "Earlier today, Columbia University refused to let me onto campus. Why? Because they cannot protect my safety as a Jewish professor. This is 1938."
Davidai also said to the crowd outside Columbia: "They are not letting me on main campus. But listen to the irony — I was just told by [Columbia’s Chief Operating Officer Cas Holloway] that I [will be] let on the campus of the business school where I’m teaching tomorrow.

"So they are willing to use Jewish brains, but they don’t want to let Jewish people in...

"I ask of you, if you have a Columbia ID, please go in, take videos — do not engage. If they don’t let you in, and then document the fact that they’re not letting other Jewish people into campus."

This comes after Columbia canceled in-person classes on Monday as tensions on campus continue to grow over the war in the Middle East.

There are other videos, of him close up walking up, passing his card over it and it going red, showing it is deactivated there is more info about it in the link I posted above my video... Video has lots of footage on the scene at the school.... worth a watch, you can move past Tim talking and see videos, these kids have no idea what they are doing.. it is scary and they call Trump people in a cult.. they need a mirror

Back