• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A school bus that left Noble Academy in Brooklyn Park with young students on-board went missing for hours Tuesday evening.

"We were wondering, was she abducted?" said Rene Harrer, whose granddaughter was on that bus. "We're just assuming she is dropped off at some other city wandering around, wondering where she is at."

Harrer's 5-year-old granddaughter was supposed to be dropped off at her bus stop at 4:15 p.m., like she had been the previous week when she started school. But on Tuesday, 4:15 p.m. became 6 p.m., and the family saw no sign of a school bus or their kindergartner.
[....]
Champlin police got involved and began looking for the little girl and the bus she's supposed to be on, but Pride Transportation on Jefferson Highway didn't cooperate with their investigation.

"They hung up on our officer a couple times," said Champlin Police Chief Ty Schmidt. "They were very uncooperative in identifying themselves or the bus driver, and they gave us several fictitious locations from where the bus was at."

Harrer, like police, also called the bus company, Pride Transportation, asking where their child was.

"They kept just saying 10 minutes, 10 minutes, so we had no idea when they were really going to show up," said Harrer.

"The level of effort it took to get some information from them was pretty frustration," said Schmidt.

5 EYEWITNESS NEWS went to Pride Bus Transportation's location on Wednesday, but they refused to talk.

Harrer said the bus showed up and dropped her granddaughter off after 7:30 p.m.

Champlin police said parents were then called to come pick up their children, and the bus driver told police it was his first day and he was lost.

"These are children, you're not delivering Amazon packages; you're having our precious kids in there, tell officers what's going on," said Harrer.

Harrer said her granddaughter is safe, but will not be riding on the bus anymore until this is sorted out.

5 EYEWITNESS NEWS reached out to the charter school multiple times to ask if they planned on using the same bus company and what their next steps are, but did not hear back.

Police said no citations or criminal charges were filed from the incident.

Okay, so this should've been posted in General since no one was arrested, I suppose. Please move it, if you agree.

I was just with my friend as she picked up her grandson, he gets out same time as the older grades, 2:45, last year his Pre-K got out of 2:26, Never figured out why it was 2:26 What is wrong with 2:25 or 2:30, just the sort of thing that drives we crazy when I don't know the reason for it.
;

Lots of ass covering and nothing being said. This bus company and the school should both be held accountable.

Pride Transportation is also a shipping company, so they damn well have GPS tracking on their fleet.

I got pencils but never crayons. Those were the days when there were more teachers than administrators.
Ha! I'm so glad you mentioned it.

When we lived in mn my daughter went to a small school that was K- 12

K-6 had a principe, he had a secretary and full office staff.
And an assistant principal, he had a secretary and full office staff.

7-12 had a principe, he had a secretary and full office staff.
And an assistant principal, he had a secretary and full office staff.

Then there was the superintendent of school. He had a secretary and full office staff.

What a fucking joke. It's one school.

High school
Moose Lake High School is a seventh through twelfth grade facility which has an enrollment average of 400 students.
I couldn't kind the stats for k-6 but it's about 400 also.

Isn't that gross misuse of school funds.

Back