• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
It's all fun and games until someone gets killed. You know, like when you fall off your tube and get run over by some drunk boater. The woman didn't resurface, and her body still hasn't been found, and her name hasn't been released.
full

Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds said 28-year-old Dylan Cohen of Colleyville was charged with intoxication manslaughter. Cohen is being held in the Hood County jail on a $15,000 bond.

Knowing how strict my state's Lake Patrol cops are and for curiosities sake I looked up Lake Granbury's regs on boating and found this tidbit -

Boater Education training is recommended for all boat operators and required for those persons born on or after September 1, 1993. (emphasis not mine)

He's 28, that would put him being born around 1992.

Anybody want to bet he never took the course?

I don't know if they have slacked off any, but it used to be you couldn't go out on the water at all without having at least one officer come by and check your life jackets and shit.

Same with game wardens; they just tend to show up and want to see your game tag and license. I don't have a problem with it considering how many dipshits are out and about with weapons.

Yes, that is not answered in the original article. There aren't many articles out there on this and no updated ones yet. The following makes it sound like she was tubing behind another boat and not the one he was driving.

A woman riding an inner-tube behind a boat near DeCordova Bend Country Club Saturday vanished after she was hit the boat allegedly driven by Cohen.

It's 8,310 acres.

Here's what I found regarding regulations for towing behind a vessel. I don't see anything about flags. Hopefully, we will find out more about how it happened.

Towing a Person With a Vessel Legally
Vessel operators towing a person(s) on water skis, aquaplanes, surfboards, inner tubes or any similar devices must obey these laws also.
  • A person may not be towed behind a vessel from sunset to sunrise.
  • When a vessel is towing a person on water skis, surfboards, or similar devices, the operator must have another competent person on board to act as an observer or the vessel must be equipped with a wide-angle rearview mirror.
  • A PWC operator may not tow a person on water skis or other devices unless:
    • The PWC is designed and recommended by the manufacturer to accommodate at least three people and…
    • A competent observer is on board and in a position to observe the person being towed.
  • Those towing skiers on water skis, surfboards, or similar devices and those being towed must act in a safe and prudent manner.
    • Vessels towing persons may not come within 100 feet of any occupied anchored boat, any PWC, or any marked swimming area or public boat landing.
    • Persons being towed behind a vessel on water skis, a surfboard, or other device, or their towing rope, may not come within 100 feet of a PWC.
    • It is illegal to operate the vessel or manipulate the towing rope, water skis, or other devices such that the towed device or person collides with any other person or object.

This isnt far from me.. We have another huge lake near us that this kind of stuff happens often. People drink, dont know the rules for driving the boat, safe distances, etc. Its crazy. They arrest a ton of people for drunk driving but you never hear about them enforcing anything else.

Back