• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Funny we lost all the Biden supporters - Wonder why:penguin:

The White House admitted Monday that it is studying the impact of shutting down the L5 pipeline from Michigan to Canada amid a global energy crisis.

A day after Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm warned that Americans will have to pay more to heat their homes this winter, deputy press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and Fox News’ Peter Doocy sparred over reports that the Biden administration was mulling the pipeline shutdown.

Doocy asked at the White House briefing why the administration is “considering” shutting down Line 5, which carries oil and gas liquids from Canada through Wisconsin and Michigan.

“That is inaccurate, that is not right. Any reporting indicating that some decision has been made, again, is not accurate,” Jean-Pierre said before explaining that Michigan and Enbridge, the pipeline owners, are involved in legal proceedings.

“What’s inaccurate?” Doocy asked.

Jean-Pierre said the reporting about “wanting to shut down the Line 5” is inaccurate.

But the Fox reporter said he didn’t mention “wanting,” and asked whether the administration was “studying the impact of shutting down the Line 5.”

“Yes we are,” Jean-Pierre admitted.

“So then what is inaccurate?” Doocy pressed.

“I thought you were saying that we were going to shut it down, but that is not inaccurate. OK, great. But the Army Corps of Engineers is preparing an environmental impact to look through this,” she said.

Politico reported that the Department of Energy is having an “ongoing discussion” about the impact Line 5 would have on energy markets.

The report said White House climate adviser Gina McCarthy met with environmental groups about the pipeline last month, and a person who attended the meeting told the outlet that a decision could come after a vote on President Biden’s $1.85 trillion Build Back Better Act.
More than a dozen Republicans sent a letter to Biden last week warning that shutting the pipeline would hurt the economy and cause home heating costs to soar this winter.

“This irresponsible action will hurt farmers, businesses, and families. President Biden has already done enough to weaken America’s energy security and international alliances, and the consequences of terminating Line 5 would only heighten these growing challenges,” the letter says.

Biden, after entering office in January, rescinded a cross-border permit for the Keystone XL pipeline over environmental concerns

I don't want any of you to worry The White House will still be heated on the tax payers dime so while Demented is farting and shitting his pants he won't catch a chill.
1636472449328.png

I got oil a few weeks ago - I paid $2.99 per gallon (last year it was $1.98) my mom called the week after she paid $3.07, a friend got some last week and paid $3.14

Cord of seasoned wood last year $180-$220, this year the cheapest I am finding it is $375.00 FML - I am still searching
And just imagine... this is only the first 10 months... we have 3 more years of this shit

And just imagine... this is only the first 10 months... we have 3 more years of this shit
Don't make me cry!!!!

I feel like a prepper, I know certain things my kid eats all the time - and as I notice it keep going up, I have spent a LOT of money stocking up.. it will get eaten, might as well buy it now while I can kind of afford it!

yup, good chunk of savings gone - food pile stoked! mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, cereal, oats, pasta, sauce, canned chicken, canned tuna, canned goods in general, esp canned meat, rice, peanut butter etc. all stuff with long shelf life (yes I am checking exp. dates) Storing it accordingly, with exp date written in sharpie, so easier to see

Also certain vitamins.. Desiccated beef liver, multi-vits, NAC etc. If I cant afford meat esp red meat (which is already CRAZY). We can take the beef liver supps.

I feel a little crazy BUT seeing the difference all ready has me a little shook! and if I am crazy and did this for nothing - I wont have to go food shopping as much later (still a win?)

I reordered NAD+Booster TRU Niagen and the price has quadrupled over the past two months. The same is true of some of the other supplements as well. I'm pretty much following your template as far as stocking up. I've also picked up some boxed milk from the Hispanic section at the store. The canned hams are much smaller than they were back in the day. Also picked up canned sausage gravy, corned beef, canned hash, tuna, and a lot more. We also reorganized and dated everything; even bought another huge rack in order to store more stuff. During COVID, we were also gifted some food from local churches and such, so I have a lot of grits, baking mix, and instant potatoes.

On one hand, I sort of dread having to eat the survival foods, so I've tried to get stuff I think we will be able to get down when push comes to shove.

I reordered NAD+Booster TRU Niagen and the price has quadrupled over the past two months. The same is true of some of the other supplements as well. I'm pretty much following your template as far as stocking up. I've also picked up some boxed milk from the Hispanic section at the store. The canned hams are much smaller than they were back in the day. Also picked up canned sausage gravy, corned beef, canned hash, tuna, and a lot more. We also reorganized and dated everything; even bought another huge rack in order to store more stuff. During COVID, we were also gifted some food from local churches and such, so I have a lot of grits, baking mix, and instant potatoes.

On one hand, I sort of dread having to eat the survival foods, so I've tried to get stuff I think we will be able to get down when push comes to shove.

Prices have been going up on everything and with vitamins expensive as is, i have been doing the same

I have been practing my hand making scratch gravy with just flour and bouillon cubes and then adding the canned chicken - it comes out really good! been making deconstructed chicken pot pies, mixing some veggies in and then pouring it over instant mashed...

I did buy some of the "survival" food crap that you just add hot water, and will last 25 years or whatever... read lots of reviews on the foods - so have been buy a ton of bouillon cubes and dried herbs in order to make them taste better if it did come to that... Also been saving any chicken bones from things I cook so I can make and freeze bone broth.

@Sugar Cookie come on down... Also been stocking up on pew pew for awhile too :stop: there is going to be a secret code word to get in lol @Totemic isnt invited, he don't like NH :smuggrin::mooning:

Prices have been going up on everything and with vitamins expensive as is, i have been doing the same

I have been practing my hand making scratch gravy with just flour and bouillon cubes and then adding the canned chicken - it comes out really good! been making deconstructed chicken pot pies, mixing some veggies in and then pouring it over instant mashed...

I did buy some of the "survival" food crap that you just add hot water, and will last 25 years or whatever... read lots of reviews on the foods - so have been buy a ton of bouillon cubes and dried herbs in order to make them taste better if it did come to that... Also been saving any chicken bones from things I cook so I can make and freeze bone broth.

@Sugar Cookie come on down... Also been stocking up on pew pew for awhile too :stop: there is going to be a secret code word to get in lol @Totemic isnt invited, he don't like NH :smuggrin::mooning:
:finger:

TC Energy Inc. has filed a formal request for arbitration under NAFTA rules, seeking $15 billion in compensation from the U.S. government for the money it spent on trying to develop the cancelled Keystone XL pipeline.

The company said in a statement late Monday that it has officially filed paperwork under a part of NAFTA rules that allows companies to seek compensation for lost investment. The case is moving ahead under NAFTA rules and not new ones made under its successor, the Canada-U.S.-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA), because it is a legacy case, and NAFTA was the trade law on the books when it started, said Erin LeBlanc, a lecturer at the Smith School of Business in Kingston, Ont.

"It's the largest claim for a Canadian organization against the U.S. government at $15 billion," she said, citing the figure first reported by Bloomberg of how much in damages the company is seeking.

U.S. President Joe Biden symbolically killed the pipeline on his first day in office earlier this year, the culmination of a multi-year saga under three U.S. presidents to build a pipeline to bring 900,000 barrels a day of crude oil from Alberta to refineries on the U.S. Gulf Coast.

The pipeline was proposed under the Obama administration, who ultimately rejected the application on environmental grounds. President Trump then revived the project, before Biden squashed it again.

Although TC Energy is trying to get compensation for the money it spent trying to develop the project, it has no intention of reviving the pipeline.

"As a public company, TC Energy has a responsibility to our shareholders to seek recovery of the losses incurred due to the permit revocation, which resulted in the termination of the project," the company said in a press release.
[....]
"Governments on both sides are going to look at it because of the amount, but other companies are going to be looking as to how it gets handled."

And she also thinks TC Energy has some "valid claims" in the matter. The pipeline being suddenly nixed "amounts to indirect expropriation without compensation. Their investment was brought down to a value of zero by one stroke of a pen."

TC can also credibly claim it was singled out by the decision, she said. "It wasn't a policy change that affected a bunch of other organizations."

The facts may be on their side, but trade lawyer Mark Warner says the company has a steep uphill climb to victory because of history.

"The United States has never lost any single case that's been brought under NAFTA Chapter 11," he said in an interview. "That's not to say it's impossible, but the cases that have succeeded have tended to succeed against Canada and Mexico."

Politics was a factor in the project being cancelled, and Warner says politics may prove to be TC's best chance of claiming a win in the matter, if the U.S. government decides it wants to settle for pennies on the dollar for political reasons to avoid a long, protracted fight.

"They've got deep pockets and they can wait the other party out, and they've had a pretty good track record of winning," Warner said. "It's always a possibility that the Biden administration says, 'We don't want to fight this,' but I think that's unlikely to happen."

Back