• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Aaron Rathke, 23, is charged with second-degree murder for the death in March 2023. The charges come after an autopsy ruled the death a homicide last month.

The investigation was launched on the night of the baby's death on March 1, 2023. Police said Rathke had brought the child to the Fridley Police Department seeking help. Officers attempted to revive the infant, who was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Later, when speaking with police, the charges state that Rathke admitted the child had stopped breathing earlier in the day, around 11 a.m., but was revived by the child's mother. The couple didn't seek help until around 7 p.m. when the infant passed out again and Rathke was unable to revive him.
When asked why they hadn't called 911 or taken the child to the emergency room instead of a police station, Rathke didn't have any solid reasoning. The charges state he claimed he didn't call an ambulance because he lives in a "pretty quiet neighborhood" and didn't want to create a spectacle. He said they didn't take the child to Unity Hospital, which is near their home, because he thought they would transport the baby to Children's Minnesota. The charges don't elaborate on why he didn't want that to happen.
In the charges, investigators say Rathke admitted that the child's chest felt "indented" but claimed the child had never been injured. Investigators say he also admitted to suffering from bipolar disorder and claimed to have "outbursts" where he would black out. But, to investigators, Rathke said that had never had an outburst with the child, though he admitted that the child would sometimes struggle to sleep.

In early June, the mother sent concerning messages to family members, alleging that Rathke had "killed the baby" and also saying he had suffocated the child and pressed on his chest to revive the boy.

In September, an autopsy determined that the infant had died from multiple blunt-force injuries. Days later, investigators spoke with the mother again, who said she had been scared to speak with deputies before because Rathke was abusive, the charges allege. According to the charges, the mother told investigators Rathke would put the baby to sleep by putting pressure on his throat, causing him to pass out.
Investigators also spoke with another former partner of Rathke's, who had a seven-year-old child with him. The former partner told investigators that Rathke had been abusive to her during their relationship. According to the charges, she also said their child had a history of seizures that stopped when the child stopped staying overnight with Rathke.
1697343391588.png

Last edited:
These stories drive me insane!! Family members damn well knew!! Why did no one constantly call CPS? Why did no one show up to beat the shit out of the dude who almost killed your infant niece/cousin/grandkids etc before he actually DID end their life! The entire family needs to be thrown in the trash.

Didn't call an ambulance bc he didn't want to create a spectacle! What a considerate and polite young man! Shame his choice of actions directly caused this infant's death.

Here we have the true coward, who destroys innocent and loving people through his own selfish rage.

Mom will undoubtedly also be charged, and I feel a little bit sorry for her, but not really, because she didn't protect her baby.

If a partner of mine told me not to call an ambulance for my kid or threatened me with harm if I did so, then the ambulance would be picking them up too.

A father charged last fall in the death of his infant son has now pleaded guilty.
Aaron Rathke, 23, pleaded guilty on Tuesday afternoon in the disturbing case. The investigation into Rathke started on the night of March 1, 2023, when Rathke had brought his baby to the Fridley Police Department.

Rathke was trying to get medical help for the child, who wasn't conscious. Officers tried to revive the infant, but he was ultimately rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
When questioned why he hadn't called for an ambulance instead of going to the police department for help, Rathke didn't have a good answer.

According to the criminal complaint, Rathke admitted the child had stopped breathing earlier in the day but had been revived by the child's mother. The father hadn't sought medical help until around 7 p.m. that day when Rathke said the infant passed out again.
Months later, police became aware of some concerning text messages the child's mother had sent to family members, accusing Rathke of killing the baby. The charges stated that police interviewed the child's mother in September. During that interview, she alleged that Rathke would apply pressure to the infant's neck to put him to sleep, by making the child pass out.

In previous interviews, Rathke had admitted the baby was struggling to sleep.

Rathke wasn't charged until October 2023, after an autopsy report was finalized.

The mother knew what he was doing - why was she not charged?

Back