• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1706409599441.png

An 8-year-old is in the hospital Friday after leaving an alleged abusive situation and seeking help from a stranger.

A woman says she answered loud banging on her door Thursday evening to find a young child, covered in bruises.

The woman tells WSAZ she allowed the girl inside her home, called 911, and when the man and woman the child claimed caused the injuries came knocking – she did not answer the door.

Austin and Kayla Frazier were arrested and both charged with first degree criminal child abuse of a child under 12.
According to the arrest citation, the child told officers the couple beat her with a metal pipe, placed her hand on a hot stove, and threw something that hit her head.

The young girl was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. According to the citation, doctors say the child had several broken bones in various stages of healing.

Thank God she was brave enough to make a run for it. Extra thankful the neighbor opened the door and protected her.

Several broken bones. This poor child is going to have so much mental trauma. Dad looks annoyed and mom is trying to hard to look innocent and sad but she just looks like she needs her dace stomped in.

I hope they rot. I hope every person they ever cared about shuns them forever and that prison is pure and total misery and fear.

At approximately 6:30 p.m., the strangers heard pounding on their door. At the door was the juvenile dressed in a long shirt, covering her shorts, and soaking wet from the rain.

“I called the cops immediately,” the male neighbor said. “As you looked at her, you could see the gash on her head ... at some point had a black eye. It seemed like an end of a movie when a kid is in a stress situation and they finally get out to be able to go somewhere safe and be free.”
The neighbors, who live a few houses down from where the juvenile fled, said they immediately let her in. They supplied her with snacks and Kool-Aid. They said they asked her “specifically about the injuries” and where they came from.

“She didn’t hide anything; she was open about it all,” the female neighbor said. “Even though she was scared, she was so sweet, funny, and charismatic. It’s like, she is either in complete utter shock or this is so normal to her — either way, it’s heartbreaking.”
According to the citation, the juvenile was transported by ambulance to King’s Daughters Medical Center for her injuries. After reviewing the extent of her injuries, doctors indicated several broken bones in various stages of healing.

The neighbors said the “scariest part” was when they were waiting on the arrival of the police and family members of the juvenile came to the door, “kicking” and “pounding.”

He said, “They were beating the door like they knew they messed up.”
“I heard the doorbell ring and I was like, it’s too soon to be the cops,” the adult female said. “I was almost hyperventilating at that point. I could hear my heart beat, the knocking was so loud. If they weren’t knocking or kicking, they were ringing the doorbell.

“I didn’t know if they were armed. If they get this door down, what are we going to do?”
The couple said they have lived in the neighborhood with their kids for about five years and said they have never witnessed anything like this.

“It’s not something you would think you would be in, especially in Ashland, Kentucky,” she said. “You never think it’s going to happen to you. I felt detached from reality.
“If you see something, say something, please, for the love of God,” she continued. “I would hope anybody would do something like this.”

They both said they wouldn’t want to be considered heroes.

“I don’t feel like a hero,” the male said. “I just feel a lot of gratitude that she had the bravery. This is her story, not ours — not knowing exactly who we are, how we are, and she still took the chance to run down here in the rain.”

To that little girl you heroes.

Where some abused kids don't recognize that what they are experiencing is not normal, she knew it wasn't, she went to their house because they had children and she just knew that she would get treated better and believed there. She's a very brave and smart girl.

Apr. 25, 2024
Austin and Kayla Frazier, who are family members of the child, were arrested and charged with abuse of a child under 12.
Three months later, Austin is facing an extra 20 charges, and Kayla is facing an additional 18.

Austin’s charges include first-degree sexual abuse and mutilation. Kayla’s include complicity to those acts.

Kayla is also accused of strangling, slapping, and dragging the girl outside in extreme cold with little clothing.
Court records outline separate incidents where the child was allegedly forced to stand in a corner with her hands above her head for hours and forced to eat her own feces.

Some of the new allegations date back to January of 2023.
Another new charge is second-degree cruelty to animals. Court records say Kayla kicked a dog and threw items at it, and Austin kicked and beat the dog.

Commonwealth Attorney Rhonda Copley says three children lived in the home, and they were all removed and are safe now. She says the dog is safe now too.
She says of all the new charges, only one involved one of the other children. In that incident, a younger sibling was allegedly thrown across a room.

The bonds have increased from $200,000 to $1 million for both.

They were outsmarted by an 8 year old! The neighbors are heroes! They knew to not answer the door until the police arrived! The bond being raised to 1Million! So so good! The 8 year old child is a hero too, she saved her siblings from the child beating wastes. They will never be able to touch her again!

Back