• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"A 73-year-old woman from Bladensburg, Md. is facing murder charges after police said she beat her 82-year-old neighbor to death with a brick during a dispute.

Police said Bladensburg officers found the victim on Sept. 8 behind an apartment building in the 5000 block of Emerson Street in a garden.

The suspect, Chun Yong Oh, 73, faces first and second degree murder charges.

According to the Prince George's Police Department, the victim had upper body trauma. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

"Preliminary investigation reveals Oh and the victim had been in a dispute prior to the murder," PGPD said in a statement. "Oh then struck the victim multiple times with a brick.""

L I N K !!

DD1f.jpg

the lady is Korean American, they are tough as nails descended from the Mongols & don't have much of a problem with their ls or rs, that is mainly the Japanese who along with the Chinese, Korean and other Asians & peoples have sounds that most to all here couldn't even make or hear. we we don't hear certain sounds by a particular age we actually become tone deaf to hearing them some people don't but it is now thought to play the sounds of many languages to babies so their brain is hardwired to pick up on them later when they try to speak or listen.

the lady is Korean American, they are tough as nails descended from the Mongols & don't have much of a problem with their ls or rs, that is mainly the Japanese who along with the Chinese, Korean and other Asians & peoples have sounds that most to all here couldn't even make or hear. we we don't hear certain sounds by a particular age we actually become tone deaf to hearing them some people don't but it is now thought to play the sounds of many languages to babies so their brain is hardwired to pick up on them later when they try to speak or listen.

The process is called “pruning”. And you are collect.

Sorry. :bag:

The process is called “pruning”. And you are collect.

Sorry.
I thought that was a fascinating tidbit in linguistics, enough where it was a top 5 for final thesis but stuttering won out. I fascinated Japanese, Chinese and Korean as a teenager when I could copy the pronunciations of sounds and words, I think because I did hear similar sounds as a baby and young. Some people never even have to be around certain sounds to pick the up others ever lose that and I am envious of those that are truly mutli lingual in languages, I can do multiple words phrases but don't remember enough to be any more than survival level [alcohol, food, toilets, emergencies etc]

Back