• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mom of 4

Trusted Member
2yn4ec1.jpg

DETROIT -- A cat is recovering after a 3-year-old boy put it into a microwave and turned it on.

About two weeks ago, a Detroit family brought the cat to the VCA Animal Hospital in Detroit after their child put Stouffer the cat into a microwave.

The family told the hospital they had gotten the cat for a gift and could not afford to take care of it and did not have the money to pay for the medical bills.The kitten's feet, tail and ears were burned. The tail and ears had to be amputated.

Stouffer is recovering well and will soon be up for adoption.

Hospital workers described Stouffer as feisty and playful.

For more information on adopting Stouffer, or other pets in need of a home, call, 1-313-928-9100.

I thought Stouffers was supposed to be microwaved......They must've wanted a Chinese dinner.:rolleyes:

So... how was a 3 year old able to reach the microwave to do this?

Shit, UC, I walked in my sunroom one day and found my two year old had climbed to the top of the Coca cola vending machine. She said she balanced a plastic kiddie chair on the arm of the couch (which was at least 18 inches from the machine), and jumped from there. I still can't figure out how she managed that without breaking her neck. The vending machine is as tall as the refrigerator.

i'm calling bullshit here. anyone ever try to put a cat in a carrier? i can hardly do it without major blood loss. a 3 yr old? no fucking way!

i'm calling bullshit here. anyone ever try to put a cat in a carrier? i can hardly do it without major blood loss. a 3 yr old? no fucking way!

LOL my daughter, when she was really young, put a cat in the freezer once... thankfully my roommate at the time caught her doing it and stopped her. But that poor cat didn't give a damn... just shed a lot of fur all over my ice.

Back