• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1553603992932.png

A Las Cruces stepmother and her friend were arrested on child abuse charges after a 2-year-old girl was found severely beaten and suffering from potential life-threatening injuries on Saturday.

Desirae Nichole Vargas, 30, is charged with a first-degree felony count of reckless child abuse resulting in death or great bodily harm.

18-year-old friend, Anika Samario, is charged with one third-degree felony count of child abuse.

Shortly after 7 a.m. on Saturday, March 23, Las Cruces police were dispatched to Vargas' home after a neighbor heard a young child in distress. Officers arrived, spoke with Vargas, and asked to see her 2-year-old step-daughter. Officers observed the young girl have to have multiple bruises, according to LCPD. The girl was initially transported to MountainView Regional Medical Center and then to University Medical Center for advanced care.

At the hospital, the young girl was found to have multiple bruises to an eye, her face, neck, arms, torso, abdomen, back, buttocks, genitalia, legs and feet, authorities say. She also appeared to have bite marks on her buttocks. The girl remains hospitalized in El Paso.

Las Cruces police investigators learned Vargas is the girl's step-mother, and her husband, the girl’s father, was incarcerated at the time of the incident. Investigators learned that Samario and another female friend of Vargas have been staying at the residence for the past couple of days.

Samario indicated to investigators that Vargas began beating her step-daughter with a leather belt about midnight and continued doing so for most of the morning until shortly before police arrived. Samario indicated she heard the girl repeatedly ask Vargas to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
.At the hospital, the young girl was found to have multiple bruises to an eye, her face, neck, arms, torso, abdomen, back, buttocks, genitalia, legs and feet, authorities say. She also appeared to have bite marks on her buttocks. The girl remains hospitalized in El Paso.

Where is the dad???
Post automatically merged:

Never mind.
.Las Cruces police investigators learned Vargas is the girl's step-mother, and her husband, the girl’s father, was incarcerated at the time of the incident. Investigators learned that Samario and another female friend of Vargas have been staying at the residence for the past couple of days.

But where was the mom?

View attachment 14989

Cunts mouth looks like a prolapsed anus. Ugly motherfuckers like this is why I couldn't be a cop along with all the other bullshit they gotta deal with. I'd hurt this cunt the first chance I got. I'd stab this bitches eyes until they were pudding. Sounds terrible I know but good damn I hate pple that do this shit to kids especially kids so young. I hope a sadistic killer gets her and those who didn't stop her.

Samario indicated to investigators that Vargas began beating her step-daughter with a leather belt about midnight and continued doing so for most of the morning until shortly before police arrived. Samario indicated she heard the girl repeatedly ask Vargas to stop.

Samario will probably get a deal for testifying against the step-vag but the fact that she was there and did not step in to help the child makes her just as bas as the abuser.

Cunts mouth looks like a prolapsed anus. Ugly motherfuckers like this is why I couldn't be a cop along with all the other bullshit they gotta deal with. I'd hurt this cunt the first chance I got. I'd stab this bitches eyes until they were pudding. Sounds terrible I know but good damn I hate pple that do this shit to kids especially kids so young. I hope a sadistic killer gets her and those who didn't stop her.
Dayuum, I got stuck on her page reading comments!! OMG LMAO at some people's!!!

Dayuum, I got stuck on her page reading comments!! OMG LMAO at some people's!!!

I didn't look until just now. She got a lot of hate and "niggas". Has some issue with her mom it seems. Didn't read a whole lot just skimmed several of her posts, not reading comments. I'd feel bad for her if not for beating a small child with a fucking weapon like a little bitch-@ss punk, motherfucker.
Post automatically merged:

Damn just also noticed the diff in pics too. Damn make-up , you make shit less scary.

Looks like everyone stamped their blunts out on them bitches foreheads, in Mario's case, fivehead when cops come busting house and everyone's chops.

Last edited:
A silver lining might be that this girl never has to be around these animals (her father included) again.

The step vag does not have any legal rights to the girl unless she adopted her and dad is/was incarcerated.

I want dad to be more invested in the puss so that the girl has a chance of finding a family to love her.

A shout out to the neighbor for calling and reporting cries of distress from this poor baby. Otherwise I’m betting we’d be reading another article about a dead child and neighbors being quoted “Yeah, I hearded lots of banging and screamin-sounded likes them was slaughterin a pig. But I minds my own business.”

Last edited:
A woman accused of beating a 2-year-old girl in 2019 pleaded guilty on Thursday just before a judge sentenced her to nine years in prison.

Desirae Vargas, 32, pleaded guilty to attempt to abuse a child resulting in great bodily harm, a second-degree felony. Vargas was also charged with tampering with evidence, but that charge was dropped as part of the plea deal. She was arrested shortly after the incident occurred in March 2019.

After Vargas pleaded guilty, Third Judicial District Judge Conrad Perea sentenced Vargas to a maximum sentence of nine years in prison, two years of parole and a $10,000 fine. Vargas also received about two years off her sentence for time served in jail before Thursday’s hearing.
"This case is quite old, and she's been in jail for a long time," Assistant District Attorney George Harrison said during a sentencing hearing. "And that is the reason we offered the plea."

During the hearing, Harrison said that the case’s facts were serious and disturbing.
Police said several neighbors reported hearing or seeing Vargas hitting the 2-year-old girl during the early morning of March 23, 2019. When police arrived at Vargas' apartment, they found the girl with injuries to her face.

Vargas told police that the girl — the biological daughter of Vargas’ then-boyfriend — sustained her injuries when she fell and hit a bedpost.
Medical officials later discovered that the girl's injuries were much worse than a few superficial wounds.

According to court filings, medical officials told police the 2-year-old girl had bruising and abrasions on her face, neck, arms, torso, abdomen, back, buttocks, genitalia, legs and feet.
"The beating went on for so long and it even included bite marks," Harrison said.

Medical officials also told police they believed the girl had rhabdomyolysis, a syndrome resulting from the breakdown of skeletal muscle fibers that can be life-threatening. The girl was also close to kidney failure, police said. Her injuries were so serious that she was transferred to an El Paso hospital, according to court filings.
During the sentencing hearing on Thursday, Vargas' defense attorney argued that a lighter sentence would help his client get the help she needed. Public Defender Raymond Conley asked the judge to consider a sentence of five years instead of nine.

"The history of trauma in (Vargas') life is significant," Conley said. "It is not an excuse. But it certainly explains why something like this would have happen."

Conley added that Vargas' past was absent of criminal history but littered with violence and traumatic experiences.

"Her parents were violent, her mother was a methamphetamine addict," Conley said. "Her parents divorced early. Her older brother died when he was 30."

In addition to a traumatic past, Conley said that drugs played a factor in the alleged incident. He said that Vargas began using methamphetamine as a 19-year-old woman, and evidence in the case file made it clear that methamphetamine was being used by people in the apartment on the morning of the incident.

"That, again, is not an excuse," Conley said. "But it does explain or help us understand why a person might do something like this.”

A shorter sentence would allow Vargas to get into intensive counseling and other programs to help her, Conley said.

"We would like the child to be a little bit older before (Vargas) is released," Harrison said.

Judge Perea said that he believed the nine-year sentence was fair while acknowledging the circumstances of Vargas' upbringing.

"I do understand that you have had trauma. And I'm very sorry for that," Perea said.

Vargas did not testify during the sentencing hearing.
1637553644334.png

1637553775816.png

Anika Samario told police that she could hear the 2-year-old girl pleading with Vargas to stop hitting her. Samario pleaded guilty to charges of abuse of a child and failure to report child abuse or neglect in July 2020. She was sentenced to four years in prison.

Current Offense(s)Court Judgment
CHILD ABUSE NOT GBH/DEATH 1ST OFF (D-307-CR-201900511)GUILTY-BNCH
FAILURE TO REPORT CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT (D-307-CR-201900511)GUILTY-BNCH

Back