• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
you're funny. i didn't check or edit my post because i did it over a phone. i wasn't fighting her fight, i gave my opinion. then other people started in and like i said before, the rest of the issue wasn't you. i can teach you about syntax, and grammar, trust me, but least what i am saying is conveyed effectively, something you have a hard time doing.

i wasn't looking to fight with you or even discuss my view of your inability to tell a joke.

From previously in the thread...

IF you look in my profile, I clearly state that I will say things just to piss people off, and oh my god, you obviously let me get to you. I am glad.

I don't think anyone will take you seriously again after your behavior in this thread. But, if I can make a recommendation, don't spread this bullshit around to other threads. The "asshole" comment in your thread in Three Things was entirely uncalled for.

Lastly,

By the way, Dear Harley, this is a forum and you need to realize that ANYONE can give input on a thread.

Yes, but that input should abide by certain rules. The forum rules state the following:

• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate excessively insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Please note the word excessive. We are loosely moderated and pride ourselves on not needing to babysit our members. The only exception to this rule is the Three Things forum. That place is a no-man's land.
  • Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such. Determination of the validity of said threads at the discretion of forum staff.
  • Please keep discussions on topic. Excessive thread diversions will result in warning and or infractions. Take it to profile comments or pm's. That's what they're there for.

And that's a reminder for EVERYONE. This thread got a little out of hand and, as Kathy pointed out earlier on, this is NOT Three Things. :)

I don't think anyone will take you seriously again after your behavior in this thread. But, if I can make a recommendation, don't spread this bullshit around to other threads. The "asshole" comment in your thread in Three Things was entirely uncalled for.

Lastly,

Yes, but that input should abide by certain rules. The forum rules state the following:

• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate excessively insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Please note the word excessive. We are loosely moderated and pride ourselves on not needing to babysit our members. The only exception to this rule is the Three Things forum. That place is a no-man's land.
  • Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such. Determination of the validity of said threads at the discretion of forum staff.
  • Please keep discussions on topic. Excessive thread diversions will result in warning and or infractions. Take it to profile comments or pm's. That's what they're there for.

And that's a reminder for EVERYONE. This thread got a little out of hand and, as Kathy pointed out earlier on, this is NOT Three Things. :)

At least we have someone to count on to be incredibly fucking annoying. :whoo: for the ignore feature. Oh, and look here, back on topic...a negative character reference:

Alleged beheader lost Wal-Mart job over conflict with fellow worker

Published: Monday, August 04, 2008

Vince Weiguang Li rarely spoke during his lunch breaks at Wal-Mart, keeping his head down and out of sight until a disagreement with another employee led to his dismissal...(cont'd)

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=9d10f756-7815-4110-b1c3-611a34a4494b

:noidea:

Lastly,

BAM! Athena busts out the fucking rules! :kev:

You are absolutely right, though.

I found it hard to believe that there were absolutely no warning signs about this guy. Of course, there is no way to know he's going to snap and go Hannibal on someone, but come on. I think he may have flown a little under the radar but we all know a guy that has the potential to do some major damage.

BAM! Athena busts out the fucking rules! :kev:

You are absolutely right, though.

Dude, is that a Gprime emoticon? Holy cats. Even the gpimp's in the hizzouse, virtually speaking. Now, where's Mom of 4? I'd love to hear her take on this.

Xanax is in the bowl by the keys. At the end of the thread, there will in fact be partner-swapping. Anybody who wants dibs on me better put your vote in fast, is all I'm sayin'. :D

Since you're a Canuck, can you tell me exactly what significance these character references have? They seem to be more important than they might be in an American court.

Edit: lol, Morbid, you HAD to know that I'd be that guy. :p

Depends if there's a jury or not.

When pleading insanity character references are imperative...and logically the way the defense will go, is with insanity. Adding in references (who will have to appear in court) with a psychiatrist's statement is basically how the case will play out. Wally World folks will say he was dangerous during the confrontation, the minister will say he was a kind man, the shrink will say he's insane, jury decides, case closed.

Prosecution will state that the crime was heinous, he was robotic, there were witnesses and he committed the crime with intent to kill the victim, and he should be imprisoned under C-34. s. 229(a)(ii). Which, as the court stated earlier, will be C-46. s. 231(7) aka second-degree murder.

Defense will plead insanity,C-46. s. 16(3) and will have to have a psychiatric evaluation from a forensic psychiatrist, or someone similar. Since the minister's statement came before the Wal-Mart statement, it shows a change in character. So, you have a character reference showing change. This would be his transition from normalcy to psycho...the defense would use it, probably.

Depends if there's a jury or not.

When pleading insanity character references are imperative...and logically the way the defense will go, is with insanity. Adding in references (who will have to appear in court) with a psychiatrist's statement is basically how the case will play out. Wally World folks will say he was dangerous during the confrontation, the minister will say he was a kind man, the shrink will say he's insane, jury decides, case closed.

Prosecution will state that the crime was heinous, he was robotic, there were witnesses and he committed the crime with intent to kill the victim, and he should be imprisoned under C-34. s. 229(a)(ii). Which, as the court stated earlier, will be C-46. s. 231(7) aka second-degree murder.

Defense will plead insanity,C-46. s. 16(3) and will have to have a psychiatric evaluation from a forensic psychiatrist, or someone similar. Since the minister's statement came before the Wal-Mart statement, it shows a change in character. So, you have a character reference showing change. This would be his transition from normalcy to psycho...the defense would use it, probably.

I see. So, it's not much different from U.S. courts at all, in that character references essentially compliment (or contradict) a psychiatric conclusion, rather than stand alone. And negative character references in this case will likely assist the defense with an insanity plea. And, the insanity plea, if accepted by a judge and jury, will lead to a much lighter sentence.

Weak.

I see. So, it's not much different from U.S. courts at all, in that character references essentially compliment (or contradict) a psychiatric conclusion, rather than stand alone. And negative character references in this case will likely assist the defense with an insanity plea. And, the insanity plea, if accepted by a judge and jury, will lead to a much lighter sentence.

Weak.

Yep. The psychiatrist's statement will have more worth though, so there's really no "guilty" verdict available if there's a half decent lawyer. That's just the way it'll go. :yo:

Xanax is in the bowl by the keys. At the end of the thread, there will in fact be partner-swapping. Anybody who wants dibs on me better put your vote in fast, is all I'm sayin'. :D

First thing in this thread I've seen worth commenting on in some time! ME! I claim dibs on the Imp!! :heart:

So, he's totally crazy. Page keeps timing out for me though...traffic, likely.

Suspect: 'Please kill me'

And Greyhound Canada pulls the "Greyhound Rage" ads. :lol2:

I don't know that his plead for death speaks to his insanity. From my perspective, it suggests that he is not without remorse and he is not detached from his experience with all of this. I'm not saying he's sane; sane people don't decapitate bus passengers. But, he's definitely not entirely gone.

To bad he immigrated to Canada from China. They probably would've killed him.

I'm jumping on board late here, and amidst all the cyberdrama, I think I may have missed some content on this thread.

Has anyone yet expressed concern that the RCMP was calling this guy "Badger" on the tapes? And that they were upset that the tapes were leaked?

I've heard some conspiracy theory that this guy was potentially a government operative, post brainwash.

I don't know about all that, but I definitely find it odd that they would give this guy a "code name" during the incident. Maybe they just do things different up there, but here in the US, wouldn't the tape have sounded more like, "The suspect is moving to the back of the bus"?

It just seems odd to have a pet name for a naked cannibal stabbing and decapitating folks.

I must hang out with too many military folks. There's a code name or acronym for everything. It avoids confusion, somehow.

I don't know that his plead for death speaks to his insanity. From my perspective, it suggests that he is not without remorse and he is not detached from his experience with all of this. I'm not saying he's sane; sane people don't decapitate bus passengers. But, he's definitely not entirely gone.

To bad he immigrated to Canada from China. They probably would've killed him.

Well, he does state he'll "be on that bus forever" so couldn't that be interpreted as a form of remorse/guilt? I do feel that there was an element of premeditation. Who carries such a large knife around with them? I don't think he really did it at random. He sat beside a small man (smaller then him), who sat at the window, cornered, at the back, and had his way with the poor guy. This is also probably something the Crown can argue for the mens rea.

When I first read where they called this dude a badger I was thinking it was because ya know, badgers are known meat eaters who rip and pull at their prey....I thought perhaps that is where the term came from. ????? Just my thought.

Badger's are also known to be pretty nasty little buggers when they're fucked with.

The two surely don't resemble each other. LOL or do they.....????

280px-AmericanBadger.JPG

My bet on where badger came from is that they had scenarios already "practiced" that had some coded names maybe based on threat level, maybe?

Not that they knew exactly that situation would pop up but one where the perp was cornered and mean as a badger?? Just turned into a apt word.

I think the badger in the picture is cute. Of course, I wouldn't hug him or anything. :boink:

Lastly,

I wholeheartedly agree with athena, I said my piece about the things happening in the thread and it did turn into a circus, not something I was seeking. However, I feel that if someone tries to attack one's character or anything else personal, should expect someone to say something back, like I expected you to say something back.

However I didn't expect someone to go neurotic and find crap in the chats nor gossip. We both know you were more mature than others in this ordeal. As for anyone taking me seriously, that's your opinion and you have a right to it, just as I had a right to my opinion about you.

Asshole comment, I don't know what you're talking about. However, a few others need to remember this reminder you have given.

However, if you're going to tell people the protocol, one should set an example. I am not going to any further than this about this issue. I'm not trying to incite you but you have been known to throw insults at people who don't agree with you.

Anyhow, input will abide the rules. No calling anyone a cunt in the threads
:nono:
- polis

It all happened so fast and the victim was killed rather quickly, poor boy. I imagine that many passengers are wondering what they could have done to help but considering that they had to react instantly and there were children and seniors on the bus, I'd say they did what they could given the circumstances and what they had. Comparing this to a 9/11 flight is ridiculous; had this guy commandeered the bus and started running down people randomly, I doubt that no one would have taken action. Had he been using his fists, I doubt that no one would have taken action. As it stands, people were seated on a bus, many were probably sleeping and whatnot, and some loon attacks with a knife, decapitating a passenger. Can you imagine the panic? I am amazed they were able to do anything at all other than scream and hide after watching him so viciously murder a passenger. Unfortunately, the boy was already dead and the best thing to do was to try and keep everyone else safe.

I'd be questioning security; they let the loon on in the first place. Greyhound could use a metal detector, at the very least. Apparently, there are practically no security measures.

It all happened so fast and the victim was killed rather quickly, poor boy. I imagine that many passengers are wondering what they could have done to help but considering that they had to react instantly and there were children and seniors on the bus, I'd say they did what they could given the circumstances and what they had. Comparing this to a 9/11 flight is ridiculous; had this guy commandeered the bus and started running down people randomly, I doubt that no one would have taken action. Had he been using his fists, I doubt that no one would have taken action. As it stands, people were seated on a bus, many were probably sleeping and whatnot, and some loon attacks with a knife, decapitating a passenger. Can you imagine the panic? I am amazed they were able to do anything at all other than scream and hide after watching him so viciously murder a passenger. Unfortunately, the boy was already dead and the best thing to do was to try and keep everyone else safe.

I'd be questioning security; they let the loon on in the first place. Greyhound could use a metal detector, at the very least. Apparently, there are practically no security measures.

Don't greyhounds use metal detectors? I know the ones here do...that and drug dogs... (i live on the border) Hmm maybe that questions should be asked. Buses in Israel are blown up all the time by terrorists. How come airports have such security where you have to take off your shoes...and bus rules are lax.

Or maybe it's because at roadstops they let you go into your bags that stored in the bottom to get something out and he took his knife out during a road stop, changed seats as mentioned. and decided he wanted some food.

eh..maybe...

From what I understand, Greyhounds have next to no security measures in place. Greyhound America heightened some security post 9/11 (although that doesn't mean much); Greyhound Canada probably felt no need.

From what I understand, Greyhounds have next to no security measures in place. Greyhound America heightened some security post 9/11 (although that doesn't mean much); Greyhound Canada probably felt no need.

It is canada, and they probably didn't feel the need to. that's understandable. now maybe they should consider it. also, have lock boxes for those carrying things that could be used as a weapon, like kitchen knives so they don't have access to them at rest stops.

Can we obtain the rules and regulations of greyhound both here and in Canada?

I stupidly assumed that the same requirements required for plane travel would be the same as required for bus, or train.

It has been a long time since I rode the bus, but yeah I would have thought they'd be checking for drugs or weapons. (I need to know these things for I was planning on taking the bus down to Imp's & Talking Jesus's place....I need to know if I can take the kitchen cutlery along and herb) hahahhahahaah j/k :D

:behindsofa:

Can we obtain the rules and regulations of greyhound both here and in Canada?

I stupidly assumed that the same requirements required for plane travel would be the same as required for bus, or train.
I'm new here, but I'm a frequent Greyhound traveler, so I'll chime in. There is basically zero security at Greyhound America stations. I travel between two of their most active stations pretty often, and there is NO check whatsoever. If you buy your ticket with cash, they might remember to check your ID at the ticket counter, but usually not. Even if they do, that's all they check - no baggage inspection whatsoever. If you buy your ticket online and pick it up at the printing stations in the terminals, you don't have to talk to anybody, ever.

Nobody checks your bag. Nobody checks your ID. Nobody compares the name on your ticket with your ID. As long as the ticket is for the route that bus is traveling - it doesn't even have to be at the same time - you can stow your stuff underneath and hop on board. If you arrive early and pick up your ticket and you can take an earlier bus, you're more than welcome to, because there are no reserved seats. (This is changing slightly; if you pay $5 more you can reserve your seat, but otherwise there's no guarantee you'll travel at the time you paid for.) If a bus never showed up and there's a busload of people waiting for the bus you're ticketed for, they will then be on YOUR bus and you'll be waiting for the next one.

It would be so incredibly easy to put a bomb in your bag under the bus, or walk on board with a gun or knife or other weapon hidden on your person. You can have a hand grenade in your jacket pocket and nobody will stop you. There is simply no security whatsoever.

I'm new here, but I'm a frequent Greyhound traveler, so I'll chime in. There is basically zero security at Greyhound America stations. I travel between two of their most active stations pretty often, and there is NO check whatsoever. If you buy your ticket with cash, they might remember to check your ID at the ticket counter, but usually not. Even if they do, that's all they check - no baggage inspection whatsoever. If you buy your ticket online and pick it up at the printing stations in the terminals, you don't have to talk to anybody, ever.

Nobody checks your bag. Nobody checks your ID. Nobody compares the name on your ticket with your ID. As long as the ticket is for the route that bus is traveling - it doesn't even have to be at the same time - you can stow your stuff underneath and hop on board. If you arrive early and pick up your ticket and you can take an earlier bus, you're more than welcome to, because there are no reserved seats. (This is changing slightly; if you pay $5 more you can reserve your seat, but otherwise there's no guarantee you'll travel at the time you paid for.) If a bus never showed up and there's a busload of people waiting for the bus you're ticketed for, they will then be on YOUR bus and you'll be waiting for the next one.

It would be so incredibly easy to put a bomb in your bag under the bus, or walk on board with a gun or knife or other weapon hidden on your person. You can have a hand grenade in your jacket pocket and nobody will stop you. There is simply no security whatsoever.

i've rode the bus once when i was young with some friends... they didn't make sure we had an adult. we were 15... and on our way to california, they did check us for just and etc.. and later down the way, they border patrol checked to see if we were all legal. lol.

eh i guess they only check for status on the buses down here. ;)

This would be no different than the Amtrak or even city buses. I would find it a waste of money to have security at either. Last thing I want is higher prices because one guy, one time, went crazy.

Back