• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
State Trooper fights wind, loses

Posted Apr 11 2019 05:06PM EDT

Video Posted Apr 11 2019 06:13PM EDT

Updated Apr 11 2019 06:24PM EDT

LAKEFIELD, Minn. (FOX 9) - Dash cam video shows a Minnesota State Trooper fighting and ultimately succumbing to intense winds in southwestern Minnesota during a storm Thursday.

The State Patrol tweeted the video showing a brave trooper helping direct traffic around a jackknifed semi on Hwy. 86 at I-90 near Lakefield, Minn.

Link (autoplay video)

--Al

Dangerous.

I would have told that officer to get back in his vehicle, if people crash they crash. It's better to have a vehicle hit another vehicle then for a vehicle to skid into a cop standing out on the icy interstate.

No reason to be driving faster than 20 MPH tops in conditions like this, most all the folks you see skidding off roads in ice/windy conditions are folks who decided to drive fast, or at least faster then what is reasonable(and seriously, 20 if not lower is what's reasonable).

He would've been able to stand against it if it wasn't for all that ice. I'll bet he was sorry he drew the short straw that day.

Reactions: Alf
Back