• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A teacher at a New York middle school was arrested after allegedly putting a camera in a staff bathroom.

A statement from the Colonie Police Department identified the teacher as 57-year-old Patrick Morgan, who teaches fifth grade at Sand Creek Middle School. Authorities found images and videos on the camera of male and female faculty members "in various stages of undress."

There are about 30 adult victims on the camera, according to Albany news station WTEN-TV. So far, there is no evidence of images of minors being taken.

Morgan, who has taught in the South Colonie School District for 28 years, is facing two counts of second-degree unlawful surveillance—a felony—with more charges likely, the department said.

The middle school's administration notified police about the camera on Friday, when a faculty member found the device, which had been disguised to look like a cellphone charger, the police statement said.

Police are executing search warrants at Morgan's home in Frankfort. While they searched the school and found no other cameras, investigators are looking into whether there are cameras in other locations and whether the videos taken at the middle school were distributed anywhere.

According to the statement, classes at Sand Creek Middle School were canceled Monday "out of an abundance of caution" and "to allow the School District to properly address this issue with their faculty members."
1644870239262.png

Investigators said there were able to identify Morgan as the person who allegedly placed the camera by recovering deleted videos that were of him learning to use it. Police said Morgan has been working at the school for 28 years.

Morgan was taken into custody on Monday. He has been charged with two counts of unlawful surveillance in the second degree, which are felonies. Police said more charges are likely to follow.

Wonder why there were people in various stages of undress in a MS staff bathroom? I mean it doesn’t sound like it was a locker room or coaches office or something.
well i know when you are working in a roomfull of people not to mention the stress of never knowing if there will be violence or not one does get sweaty so i used to go into washroom after lunch and freshen up pull up my top to wash armpits and re-apply deodorant .. staff washrooms should be a safe place and also if cam can also see in stalls who worries about modesty when you are alone in a stall and yes lots of people also uses wipes to freshen up after going to the bathroom so yes, i can see being in various stages of undress...

Albany County resident Patrick Morgan, age 58, of the Town of Colonie, was sentenced to an indeterminate term of two to six years behind bars in Albany County Court on Thursday, Feb. 2.
It came months after Morgan, a former fifth-grade teacher at Sand Creek Middle School in Colonie, pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree unlawful surveillance.

Prosecutors said Morgan installed a camera in the school’s staff bathroom in February 2022 “with the intent to use the recordings for sexual gratification.”
Morgan resigned from the school prior to his sentencing.

In addition to his prison sentence, he will have to register as a sex offender. Albany County Judge Andra Ackerman also issued 28 no-contact orders of protection on behalf of the victims.

Back