• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1621222707623.png
Officials tell WOWT 6 News that 34-year-old Adam Price was located and arrested in Pacifica, California Sunday evening. Bellevue Police were looking for the man after his two children were found dead inside his home on Sunday morning.

The two children have been identified as three-year-old Theodore Price and five-year-old Emily Price.

On scene, BPD said they went to a home twice - once on Saturday evening and once on Sunday morning to perform a wellness check on the two children and their father after receiving calls from the mother of the children, who lives in Illinois.

“She said she hadn’t heard from them for a couple of days per court order to have contact with them. Officers responded here, had no contact at the door, attempted phone contact with Adam Price,” says Captain Andy Jashinske with Bellevue Police.
1621222676093.png
1621222687214.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The youngsters’ mother, Mary Nielsen, asked officers in Bellevue to go to the house because their dad was supposed to check in using FaceTime while they were visiting him, and she had not heard from them since Thursday night.

Officers went to Adam Price’s home shortly before 10 p.m. on Saturday and again around 9 a.m. on Sunday morning “but did not observe exigent circumstances that would allow them to force entry into the home,” Capt. Andy Jashinske said in statement.

Nielsen then called a friend to go check, and that person found 3-year-old Theodore Price and his 5-year-old sister Emily dead, and then called police, the Omaha World Herald reported.

In a Facebook post that has since been taken down, Nielsen posted a heart-wrenching goodbye to her kids.

“I’m so sorry to see you two go. You did not deserve this and I love you so very much. I would fight a thousand fights to have you back again,” she wrote.

“Heaven gained two beautiful angels and I hope great grandpa was at the gates to greet you. You were the only reasons I survived everything I did and the only reason I am alive. I love you. Til we meet again my sweet babies.”

1621249250524.png

Emi and Teddy with their mom

The Sarpy County Attorney's office will charge Adam Price, 36, with two counts of first degree murder for the deaths of his two children, ages 3 and 5, in May 2021.

Autopsy results indicated the children died from asphyxiation as a result of smothering according to officials.

Chief deputy Sarpy County attorney Bonnie Moore said these results are value to the state’s case.

“Based upon new information that we have in the case, specifically the autopsy results, we've upgraded or asked the court to amend those charges to first degree murder two counts,” said Moore.

Emily Price, 5, and Theodore Price, 3, were found dead in the family's home during a welfare check by a family friend She was checking on them at the request of their mother.

Bellevue police had gone to the Price home, but said they did not notice anything suspicious and did not make contact with Adam.

The children's mother, Mary Nielsen became alarmed when she could not reach the children by phone. She was living in Illinois and had divorced Adam. The couple was sharing custody of the children, but under terms of the agreement, each parent was to have daily contact with the children when they were in the custody of the other.

Price was arrested in California, hours after police discovered the children's bodies.

I expect a bunch of thumbs-down emojis for this, but I'm continually amused by women who claim they care so much for their children and are devastated by their losses, etc etc, ad infinitum....after tearing their precious children's worlds apart by divorcing their fathers. Sure you care...just not more than you care for your own romantic life, convenience and freedom. Unless one of the parents is abusive, divorce is the worst hell you can put your child through. So yeah, you care that they're dead....after you've already broken their hearts and damaged them irreparably by splitting up their home and obliterating their primary support system. Crocodile tears. If you aren't sure you can provide a forever home with both parents for your precious babies, use birth control...problem solved.

I expect a bunch of thumbs-down emojis for this, but I'm continually amused by women who claim they care so much for their children and are devastated by their losses, etc etc, ad infinitum....after tearing their precious children's worlds apart by divorcing their fathers. Sure you care...just not more than you care for your own romantic life, convenience and freedom. Unless one of the parents is abusive, divorce is the worst hell you can put your child through. So yeah, you care that they're dead....after you've already broken their hearts and damaged them irreparably by splitting up their home and obliterating their primary support system. Crocodile tears. If you aren't sure you can provide a forever home with both parents for your precious babies, use birth control...problem solved.
Yeah, staying with a man who would brutally murder his own precious children seems like a stellar plan. What a cowardly weasel-while they lay dead in his home he runs off and hides. Big enough man to enact his revenge on innocent babies, but not to face the consequences. God only knows when they would have been found if not for the mom’s diligence. Bet he was a goddamn Prince Charming before all this. But yeah you’re right, how dare this loving mother mourn the loss of her children.

You seriously sound like idiot.

reah, staying with a man who would brutally murder his own precious children seems like a stellar plan. What a cowardly weasel-while they lay dead in his home he runs off and hides. Big enough man to enact his revenge on innocent babies, but not to face the consequences. God only knows when they would have been found if not for the mom’s diligence. Bet he was a goddamn Prince Charming before all this. But yeah you’re right, how dare this loving mother mourn the loss of her children.
You seriously sound like idiot.
Respectfully, it's clear you misread my comment. I understand that this issue is very emotional for some readers, and that high emotion can affect comprehesion.

reah, staying with a man who would brutally murder his own precious children seems like a stellar plan. What a cowardly weasel-while they lay dead in his home he runs off and hides. Big enough man to enact his revenge on innocent babies, but not to face the consequences. God only knows when they would have been found if not for the mom’s diligence. Bet he was a goddamn Prince Charming before all this. But yeah you’re right, how dare this loving mother mourn the loss of her children.

Respectfully, it's clear you misread my comment. I understand that this issue is very emotional for some readers, and that high emotion can affect comprehesion.

Oh you won’t last long here, you little incel puke.

Best thing my parents ever did was get a divorce. We were all sick of the fighting and the fake happy we had to all pretend was happening. The lies and bullshit. You must be some scorned father. You can most definitely fuck right off with that bullshit. Is she the one who murdered wait let’s yell it for the people in the back MURDERED her innocent children over a divorce. Nope that fucktard is. So shut the fuck up and sit down until you can convince us that her staying with him would have been better then leaving his clearly fucked up self. If she would have stayed I’m sure it would be the three of them MURDERED and not just the wee babes. Anyone who can kill their children is a piece of shit. Anyone who can defend someone of killing their children is worse.

I took @Hater post to mean divorce in general and not specifically this case. I think it's fine to believe in staying with your spouse and working it out even though that doesn't happen that way with most people. We do so often see couples rushing into things and having babies before the ink is dry on the marriage certificate that I do agree it should be taken more seriously than some seem to do. I'm just not as judgmental about it. Obviously, in this case divorce was desirable, but the father decided to be a selfish asshole who thought revenge was more important than his children's lives. I'm not giving him a pass on that for any reason.

@RisottoGroupon

Are you speaking of yourself since you are on this washed out forum.

I am sure what ever mental health issues you suffer from or traumas you endured as a child are being addressed.

Remember you stalk me not the other way around.
Forums are washed out, as in outdated format, geez cookie you can’t even read. I also don’t spend every waking breath posting because I have no life, unlike you.
Post automatically merged:

@RisottoGroupon

Are you speaking of yourself since you are on this washed out forum.

I am sure what ever mental health issues you suffer from or traumas you endured as a child are being addressed.

Remember you stalk me not the other way around.
I don’t stalk you bitch, you crap emoji stories about my kids from months back because you’re a petty old lady whose generation and ideals are dying, your a nut case. Double your dosage you old bag.
Post automatically merged:

Washed Out Forum!?
Not the company love. Well except sour cookie.

Prosecutors in Nebraska asked a county judge to upgrade the charges against a father accused of smothering his two young children to death, arguing Adam Lee Price made statements to police that left no doubt the killings were premeditated. Price was initially charged with two counts of felony child abuse resulting in death for allegedly killing his 5-year-old daughter, Emily Price, and his 3-year-old son, Theodore Price.
full

Appearing in Sarpy County court, Deputy County Attorney Bonnie Moore asserted that information and evidence obtained since Price’s arrest in May sufficiently demonstrated probable cause to upgrade the charges to two counts of first-degree murder, Omaha ABC affiliate KETV reported.

Det. Dagmar Jensen of the Bellevue Police Department and forensic pathologist Dr. Jeremy Berg both testified on behalf of the state during Tuesday’s proceedings.
[....]
She said that Price was asked, “Killing the kids was more about you than killing the kids?”

Price allegedly responded, “Yes, it was not a spur of the moment thing.”

Moore reportedly contended that such remarks indicated that Price’s alleged killings were premeditated before asking Det. Jensen about Price’s state of mind following the children’s deaths.

Det. Jensen reportedly testified that she asked if Price “could see doing the day over again.”

Price reportedly responded, “I would do it again,” according to Det. Jensen.

Dr. Berg, who conducted the autopsies on Emily and Theodore and determined the cause of death was asphyxiation, told the court that killing in such a manner takes significant time and effort, Omaha NBC affiliate WOWT reported.
[....]
Price’s defense attorney reportedly did not make any statements during the proceedings.

As previously reported by Law&Crime, Officers with the Bellevue Police Department twice responded to calls for a wellness check on Price’s home, located in the 2700 block of Alberta Avenue, on the evening of May 15 and the early morning of May 16.

The children’s mother, Mary Nielsen, was concerned and called 911 after not hearing from her children for several days. She and Price were divorced and shared custody of the children. But a provision of the custody sharing agreement required each parent to have daily contact with the children when they were in the custody of the other parent.

“If anyone has heard from Adam or seen him or the kids … or seen him post on Facebook in the last 24 hours can you please let me know? He’s supposed to contact me every day when he has the kids per court order and I haven’t heard from him in two days,” Nielsen wrote on her Facebook page.

The children were supposed to be with Price in Nebraska for a week-long visit.

The police were called back to Price’s a third time, at approximately 11:30 a.m. on May 16, when a neighbor found the children after walking into Price’s unlocked house at the request of Nielsen.

Police said Price was not at the home when the children’s bodies were found. He was located hours later in Pacifica, California where authorities took him into custody. He was extradited and arrived in Nebraska on May 27 and has remained in the Sarpy County Jail on $2.5 million bond ever since.
full

[....]
The judge reportedly said a decision on the upgraded charges should come in the next few days.

Any man who could kill his own children had to have been a miserable husband and father, I don't believe a divorce, by itself, could flip that "loving father/murdering asshole" toggle switch. Sometimes a divorce is the right answer. In this case I have to believe that he wasn't much better as a married man and father.

The Bellevue man convicted of smothering his two children to death three years ago was sentenced Monday to life in prison.

As of Tuesday morning, Price is now in the custody of the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services. He was taken from the Sarpy County Jail to the Reception and Treatment Center in Lincoln. There, he will be evaluated to see what types of programs he needs, and which of the state prisons to send him to.
During sentencing on Monday, Judge Thompson asked whether Price had anything to say. After about 15 seconds of silence, he said: “Just that I always have and always will love my wife and kids.”

Back