• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Not only are they seeking the death penalty, but he picked up a fiancé somewhere along the way.
Mctear's 40-year-old fiancé, Ida Williams, sobbed and wiped tears from her face as the judge denied the request.

Shortly after his arrest arraignment May 20, McTear was heard yelling outside "I love you Jasmine," when referring to his ex-girlfriend Jasmine Bedwell, the mother of the slain baby. The judge asked him Wednesday to avoid any contact with the mother and her family while his fiance listened.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...cused-baby-killer/MnTE1YKCckmUQXuLMjCDeQ.cspx

Not only are they seeking the death penalty, but he picked up a fiancé somewhere along the way.

Thank God they are seeking the DP, but who the hell are these women that get engaged to men who kill babies? Are they that desperate for any type of attention or affection? I cannot understand that.

Just what I want... NOT! My groom-to-be hollering "I love you" at some other chick??? Doesn't matter if he's in jail or not. Dispshit women.

[...]
Seventeen-year-old Jasmine Bedwell has notified the agencies through her attorney that she intends to sue them, Sheriff's Office and DCF officials have confirmed. Reached by phone, Bedwell said she sent a similar letter to Hillsborough Kids, Inc., DCF's nonprofit contractor in charge of child support services.

Investigators say Bedwell was living on her own under guidance from state social workers when ex-boyfriend Richard McTear attacked her and her baby on May 5. He is accused of driving away with 3-month-old Emmanuel Murray Jr., and hurling him from a car on Interstate 275, killing the child.

In a brief conversation Tuesday night, Bedwell said she believed the Sheriff's Office should have picked up McTear earlier.

"If they would have took him," she said, "my baby wouldn't be dead."

Bedwell's attorney W. Thomas Wadley, said that Emmanuel's death and Bedwell's attack could have been avoided were it not for "the negligent handling of her case by the Florida Department of Children and Families," according to the letter his firm sent to DCF.
[...]

According to DCF's own findings, Hillsborough Kids, Inc., and the Sheriff's Office Child Protective Investigations Division each failed to recognize how McTear's relationship with Bedwell could affect her safety and that of her child.

Though he was a frequent visitor to the home, case workers didn't follow regulations and conduct a background check on McTear until April.
[...]

In time, Bedwell was advised that future contact with McTear could result in her son's removal. At one point, DCF's investigation noted, Bedwell tried to hide the fact that she'd been assaulted by McTear — and expressed a desire to keep seeing him.

Ultimately, DCF concluded, Bedwell's case workers were considerate of her and her desires, but failed to make responsible decisions for baby Emmanuel's safety.

Bedwell said that after news of her intent to sue broke Tuesday, she received messages on her MySpace page from people calling her names and harassing her.
[...]
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/article1014612.ece

Fuck it! It may seem opportunistic but it needs to be done. If for nothing else the fact that DCFS and like agencies are more than negligent far too often. I hope it makes an impact and forces some changes.

More power to you Jasmine...get er done my friend, get er done!

It would be ideal if she sued the fuck out of them and then donated the money to a family shelter or education program for mothers?

She's suing them? I think that is bullshit.

The report also noted that the sheriff's office, which investigates child abuse and neglect, deemed a threat to Bedwell as "intermediate" based on the criminal histories of Bedwell and McTear.

The threat dropped to "low" after Bedwell filed an injunction to keep McTear away and said she would follow through on a court order.

She didn't.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/ju...-car-plans-sue-sheriffs-office/news-breaking/

Just more of this dumb girl refusing to take responsibility for her own actions. SHE is the one who continued to let this person into her life.

ITA, Rotten. And if DFCS would have taken the baby from her for not staying away from this asshole, she would have sued for that, too.

If she had used common sense and made her child a priority, she would never had to have dealt with the cops or DCF.

Wait up. She tried to hide her relationship with McTear from CPS, denied that he'd abused her, and then failed to follow up on a protective order from the courts? And she's suing CPS saying all that's THEIR fault?

It amazes me the number of people who have absolutely no sense of personal responsibility. Everything is someone else's fault.

Screw her and her lawsuit. It's just as much HER fault her baby's dead as it is McTear's. CPS can only do so much when the mom's working against them.

I agree with all of you...She definately needs to take responsability as she was the one that kept letting him back in...

As stupid as it is, and she will probably not even win a dime...a lawsuit might cause CPS, DFS, and other agencies to get their heads out of their asses and do their jobs. Her situation is of course ridiculous, but there are so many out there that could have been prevented if these agencies just did what they were supposed to do...

JMO

Jesus motherfucking Christ.

I think it's about time we have Florida like, completely vaporized.

Ouch! I understand your point but can we NOT vaporize? My family and tons of friends still live there. I would be very distraught if I got to the Welcome to Florida sign on 95 and then just fell over into a black abyss.

My scenario:

She will get large awards from all parties. She will squander the winnings in a "Nigerian Scam" email. She will then sue everyone in sight for not protecting her. She will get large awards from all parties. She will squander the winnings in a failed pyramid scheme. She will then sue everyone in sight for not protecting her. She will get large awards from all parties. She will squander the winnings on drugs. She will then sue everyone in sight for not protecting her. She will get large awards from all parties. She will squander the winnings...

lather, rinse repeat...

Okay, I could see the CPS agencies-because I thought maybe an eye opener and some change may come of it...

But fuck me! She is sueing everyone and his brother-now attempting to profit off her dead baby...

I recant my support Jasmine-you are making yourself look really bad now...

Last edited:
Ultimately, DCF concluded, Bedwell's case workers were considerate of her and her desires, but failed to make responsible decisions for baby Emmanuel's safety.

If she had used common sense and made her child a priority, she would never had to have dealt with the cops or DCF.
Exactly, it was all about her desires. And we all know how DCF can suck-balls, but she sure as hell wasn't putting baby Emmanuel first, apparently she was suckn' balls.

Children always lose.

Article titled "Seeking love, teen Jasmine Bedwell fell for man accused of killing her baby" contains this version of events from that day:
"Be safe," her friend told her at the door.

Jasmine Bedwell was back in her apartment. She had fled eight hours earlier, afraid her ex-boyfriend Rico would make good on his telephone threats to kill her and her baby.

Now the 17-year-old thought the danger had passed.

Her friend carried 3-month-old Emanuel from the car and set the car seat by Jasmine's couch.

"Call me, call my mama, call any of us if you need us," he said before he left.

Jasmine went inside. She closed the door and locked it. She headed down the short hall toward her living room.

"I told you I would get you," Richard "Rico" McTear said.

He had been in the house, waiting around the corner for Jasmine, like trouble always did.
[...]

McTear appeared in the hallway. This is what Jasmine remembers after that:

He punched and beat her and threw her on the couch.

He broke pictures of the baby.

He grabbed a soda and a jug of water. He stood, gulping the water all at once, then walked to Emanuel's car seat and poured the soda all over the sleeping infant's face.

Emanuel started to wail.

"Rico, stop! Rico stop!" she remembers crying.

McTear picked up Emanuel's car seat and threw it from the living room to the kitchen with the baby still inside, she said. Then, he threw it from the kitchen back to the living room, where Emanuel fell out, screaming.

McTear ordered Jasmine to shut the baby up.

"Get him," she remembers McTear yelling. "Make him shut up before I kill both of y'all. Don't make me go in the room and get my gun."

She bolted for the door. McTear came at her, grabbed the baby from her arms, pushed her away and ran outside, where he tossed Emanuel on the ground.

Emanuel's bottom hit concrete, she said, and his head hit grass.

Jasmine couldn't get to him in time.

She said McTear took off with her baby. She screamed and pounded on doors for help.

She grabbed a neighbor's phone and called 911, she said. She could barely speak, her mouth swollen from the beating.

In the minutes that followed, a television news videographer driving south along Interstate 275 near Fowler Avenue would make a gruesome discovery.

A 3-month-old baby, dead on the highway, flung from a car window.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/article1019680.ece

The majority of the article is about her life growing up - not easy. Closing of article just shows me the clycle continues:
She and Murray, Emanuel's father, write letters to each other all the time. He quotes Scripture. She was seven weeks pregnant with his son when Murray went to jail, then prison. He's expected to be released in July 2011.

She plans to marry him in September. She hopes one day to have another child with him. He never met Emanuel, his first son.

Once, she told a caseworker that Murray had abused her, DCF records show.

Jasmine now says that's not true. She loves him, she said.

I wish I could say I didn't care what stupid choices she makes for herself; but even if I could, I shudder at the thought of what she her choices are going to subject her next baby to.

New info released.

TAMPA, FL -- The documents released Tuesday show three month old Emanuel Murray's body was cold and covered in ants when he was found on the side of I-275.

According to the medical examiner, the child had skull fractures caused by the impact of hitting the ground after he was thrown out of a moving car. He died due to blunt force impact.

source

Richard McTear Jr. murdered Emanuel Murray

Grim details revealed in baby murder caseTAMPA, FL --
The documents released Tuesday show three month old Emanuel Murray's body was cold and covered in ants when he was found on the side of I-275.

According to the medical examiner, the child had skull fractures caused by the impact of hitting the ground after he was thrown out of a moving car. He died due to blunt force impact.
Richard McTear Jr. is charged with first-degree murder in the May 5 slaying of his ex-girlfriend's son. Hillsborough County deputies say McTear dropped Emanuel on the concrete floor, then drove off with the baby and threw him on the side of the interstate.

The information is in more than 500 pages of documents released on Tuesday. They also include an interview the baby's mother, Jasmine Bedwell, gave to detectives on the day of the crime, along with witness interviews and police reports.

McTear remains in the Orient Road Jail without bond.
qmyz3o.jpg
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...-baby-murder-case/zuPN-EIZL0yhNoASQTwXCQ.cspx

The records also show that Bedwell admitted being with McTear on the night of Friday May 1 or the morning of May 2, just three days before Emanuel's death, although she knew there were warrants for his arrest , and even though she had sought a restraining order against him.
Bedwell said she had been spending the night with McTear's aunt, only to be awoken by McTear sitting on the edge of her bed, thumbing through her phone contacts asking about a man she'd befriended, a man named Liderrius Moore, 28.
I realize, at 17, Jasmine was naive and loved/loves drama, but becoming a mother should've kicked in some instinct to protect Emanuel!
Two neighbors told deputies they overheard McTear threaten to kill Bedwell and her son the month prior to the death.

One, Tomeka Williams, said she wasn't planning to renew her lease because of the constant turmoil next door, which she said often spilled out into the sidewalk in front of her apartment.

And neighbor Elyanna Gonzalez told investigators that about a month before the death, she heard McTear tell Bedwell that he "was going to shoot the baby in the head and piss on his body."

The morning Emanuel died, Bedwell had spent hours at Moore's house.
Records show that more than 130 calls were made to Bedwell's phone the day before the Emmanuel Murray's death from a phone belonging to McTear's aunt. The calls began at 11:53 a.m. and increased in frequency and brevity until 11:35 p.m.
These days, McTear appears to be turning to faith to help him as he awaits trial on charges that include first degree murder, domestic battery and kidnapping — charges that could carry the death penalty if he's convicted.

In one letter from jail, McTear compares himself to a blind man healed by Jesus in Bible.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1024892.ece
I want McTear to die, feeling helpless and confused at the hands of a fellow inmate who is 3 times bigger than him, who will slam him into the concrete floor of their prison cell.......

he man accused of killing a 3-month-old boy and tossing him out of a car had to be removed from court today after an outburst during a routine hearing.

Richard Anthony McTear Jr. was in court as prosecutors and defense attorneys debated whether McTear's prior statements could be used as evidence in his first-degree murder trial in the death of Emanuel Wesley Murray.

Assistant State Attorney Jalal Harb was discussing statements attributed to McTear in which he reportedly threatened former girlfriend Jasmine Bedwell and her baby prior to the child's May 5 slaying.

"You weren't there," McTear retorted.

Hillsborough Circuit Judge Gregory P. Holder stopped the hearing and lectured McTear, saying any further outburst could result in a contempt of court charge or other action. When McTear asked what else that might be, the judge said perhaps some form of duct tape would be in order.

McTear, 22, asked whether being held in contempt meant more jail time. Holder said it did.

"All I got is time,"
McTear replied.

As McTear started to say something else, Holder yelled, "Shut up."

McTear responded, "Don't disrespect me like that."

The judge then ordered bailiffs to remove McTear from the courtroom.

"Take him out," he said. "Take him out. Right now."

As bailiffs led McTear out of a rear exit, he said, "You are disrespecting everyone."

Holder told the suspect, "You have lost your constitutional right to be present."

McTear responded, "No problem."

After a five-minute recess, Assistant Public Defender Michael Peacock consulted with McTear out of the courtroom and told Holder his client would behave.
[...]
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/dec/11/111246/suspect-baby-throwing-case-removed-courtroom-after/
Video at link but it isn't working for me... probably for the best as I am already pissed.

Someone should slam this assclown to the pavement... from a four story building would work out fine.

had to be removed from court today after an outburst during a routine hearing.

"You weren't there," McTear retorted.

I hope we see the same from Casey Anthony ..
It'd be funny as fuck to see her screaming, yelling, then being led out of court .. :biggrin:

Video worked for me, he was quite loud when he told him to shut up. But fuck if I would have accepted his apology and let him back in.

Back