• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Blunderbuss Firozabad

Made of Pumpkin pie
Bold Member!
1000014044.jpg

Ralph Minni, 54, of Rochester, NY, USPS station manager

Greece, New York

"On multiple occasions between May 2018, and May 2, 2022, Minni used his position as the Greece Post Office station manager to take parcels containing controlled substances, such as marijuana, out of the mail stream and into his private office, remove the contents, and then return the empty packages back into the mail stream.

Minni then transported the controlled substances to his residence, where he would store and redistribute the narcotics to other individuals.

On three occasions in March and April of 2022, Minni distributed quantities of cocaine to a coworker, who then proceeded to snort the cocaine off Minni’s office desk in his presence.

On May 2, 2022, a search warrant was executed at Minni’s residence during which investigators recovered quantities of marijuana, approximately 700 grams of cocaine, approximately 40 firearms, and over 19,000 rounds of ammunition.

Minni was arrested that same day after leaving the Greece Post Office.

Officers recovered a quantity of marijuana from inside his vehicle, which he had removed from a mailed package and planned to take back to his residence for subsequent sale and distribution."

His girlfriend, Grace Marie Lopez, 30, was arrested also.

He's pleaded guilty

I wonder what blew his cover that caused the investigation?
One of his customers he sold drugs and 2 guns to. (The guy that snorted the cocaine off Minni's work desk. When you try to show off, you make yourself vulnerable.)
Why? Don't know. Arrested for something peripheral and narced right away? Maybe he wouldn't front him anymore?
Post automatically merged:

The fine imposed has a lot of 0's
$5 million, that IS steep! Dang.

Last edited:
What a risky side hustle. Back in the day sending that sort of thing through the mail was easy. My friends group in the early 70’s had a GI friend serving in Vietnam send a lb of smack dusted weed and had our least suspicious female friend weather frumpiest outfit to pick it up. Man, that was some dynamite stuff.

One of his customers he sold drugs and 2 guns to. (The guy that snorted the cocaine off Minni's work desk. When you try to show off, you make yourself vulnerable.)
Why? Don't know. Arrested for something peripheral and narced right away? Maybe he wouldn't front him anymore?
Post automatically merged:

$5 million, that IS steep! Dang.
My initial thought was, somehow he found some drugs in a package, maybe the sender was stupid enough to use a box that had wording or images of hazardous, regulated material. Then they are required to open and inspect the contents to ensure they are not damaged or leaking. He kept intercepting the packages until someone calls in an anonymous tip which puts him on the radar.

@Angiebla and @Josh P
I found some interesting answers:

1. Fictitious name, address or telephone number. People who ship narcotics often provide fake information to avoid detection if the package is traced. It might be a fictitious name for the return label. Perhaps the return address isn’t associated with the sender’s name or simply doesn’t exist. The packing slip may provide a disconnected phone number or none at all. While the sender could inadvertently identify an incorrect return address or provide a non-working phone number, the presence of both factors on a single package is suspicious. The inspector has access to multiple databases, some of which are designed for law enforcement, from which information about the sender’s identity can be gleaned. Phone numbers will be called for verification.

2. Taped seams. A heavily taped box is telling to the inspector. The inference drawn is simple. The sender wants to inhibit odor detection by a trained drug dog. It’s not likely to be effective. There are microscopic holes in tape (and cardboard, PVC plastic wrap, baggies, etc.) that allow odor particles to easily escape. Excessive taping needlessly attracts attention.

3. Handwritten labels. The inspector rarely, if ever, sees a typewritten label on a package containing narcotics. Handwritten labels are like the Jimmy John’s neon sign that says “Free Smells” to a drug K9.

4. Differences in zip codes between the return address and post office from where package was mailed. Another detection avoidance play. Selecting a different post office from the one used for your regular mail raises eyebrows

5. Source state origin. This may have been more suspicious years ago when fewer states had either medicinal or recreational marijuana. But a package originating from California or Colorado especially with other above factors is a dead giveaway for contraband. It’s the classic case.

So....

If the package meets some or all of these factors, then it will likely be presented to a drug K9 for odor detection.
If the dog alerts, then the inspector will likely engage the local drug task force to apply for a warrant to open the package, reseal it and assist with a controlled delivery where the residence will be searched via another warrant once the package is taken inside.
If there is no alert, then a controlled delivery will be made where the recipient is pressed for consent to search.

This is all from the article at the link:

And there's a special type of xray

I ain’t mad at the dude. If he could have kept his ego in check? This could have been extremely lucrative.
The scuttlebutt is that he drove a Roush f150 to work every day?
I'm not positive what that is or costs...

Here it is....

1000014223.jpg

Average postmaster position in NY State pays between $72,000 - $86,000

I ran the numbers thru car.com , 48 month, $10,000 down and that's about $1,500 a month on the car payment. Doable on his salary, I guess?

Nice to see you @roadsidehorror ;)

The price for that truck doesn't really seem all that unreasonable to me, my friend, a few years ago, bought a used truck, a GMC Sierra, (I think it was 2 yo) and her payments were $780 a month and she has A1 credit. This is bumfuck Georgia, so I'm assuming the rates in New York are much higher.

1000015230.jpg
Ralph Minni's home above

Since there's been so much interest in this story I'm adding more details ....

*Ralph Minni used the name "Joe" during his interactions with prostitutes, same as for some drug deals.

*His accomplice, Lopez, used her minor son's name as the addressee for part of the scheme and planned to blame her baby's daddy if she got caught.

* He sometimes used the Seneca Zoo as a rendezvous point for his nefarious business.

One of three CS
1000015229.jpg
1000015225.jpg
1000015227.jpg

He was always repackaging boxes and dropping them off at his home while he was on the clock, I don't know how he got any actual USPS work done.
That's so irritating.

Our postal service is so screwed up around here, it's ridiculous. Supposedly there is a new routing facility in Palmetto, GA, that is causing a backlog of mail. People are not getting their utility bills sometimes they are over a month late, it's so bad that the utility companies are waiving late fees.

I can throw a rock and hit the city complex where our electric bills originate and they didn't come for weeks. It's gotten so bad that the Post Office announced on FB that they had a mail box strictly for local mail so that we could at least get that delivered but if it's going out of town and it's essential it gets paid, you're fucked!

I have set up online pay and deliver some in person, so far so good. I feel for the older people who can't use computers, their mail is going on the slow train.

Back