• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Crazy Cat Lady

Dazed and confused
Bold Member!
Her nursing "career" should never have gotten as far as it did, considering her abusive work history. So she was hired at a care center and decided she should play God. It's bad enough that she killed two people and nearly killed a third, but at least they got her before she had a chance to turn into the second coming of Charles Cullen.

A Pennsylvania nurse has been charged in connection with the deaths of two patients and the attempted murder of a third. Heather Pressdee admitted to administering large dosages of insulin to patients in what she believed was an act of mercy.

Pressdee told authorities she felt the patients’ “quality of life was not good,” according to an affidavit obtained by CBS News on Friday (May 26). She worked at the Quality Life Services-Chicora care center from May 23, 2022, to November of last year. The medical professional, however, had a history of troubling workplace conduct. Dating back to 2018, she was employed at 11 different facilities and had been disciplined for exhibiting abusive behavior toward employees and patients. She either resigned or was terminated from each of the jobs.

She is now charged with two counts of homicide, one count of attempted murder, aggravated assault, three counts of neglect of a care-dependent person, and three counts of reckless endangerment. Attorney General Michelle Henry said in a video-recorded statement, “These charges stem from her conduct while working as a registered nurse at Quality Life Services, a skilled nursing facility.”

Pressdee admitted to lethally dosing the men in hopes “they would slip into a coma and just pass away” while speaking with investigators on Monday (May 22). The first victim, a 55-year-old, passed away on Dec. 3, 2022; the second, an 83-year-old, died weeks later on Christmas Day; and the third, a 73-year-old, managed to survive after being found in his bed while having a seizure. Of the three men, one was diabetic but did not require insulin to treat the chronic disease.

Pressdee is currently being held in the Butler County prison.

Attachments

• Pressdee.jpeg
    Pressdee.jpeg
    5.6 KB · Views: 74
My husband was diabetic and took insulin. He gave himself shots in the stomach. :arghh:

Been there, done that, I absolutely love my insulin pump and my Continuous Glucose Monitor, that and going on a keto friendly diet has helped me get my A1C down to 5.9, reduced my insulin dosage and I've lost 20lbs. I've never lost weight in my life when I was on insulin. I feel so much better these days.

Been there, done that, I absolutely love my insulin pump and my Continuous Glucose Monitor, that and going on a keto friendly diet has helped me get my A1C down to 5.9, reduced my insulin dosage and I've lost 20lbs. I've never lost weight in my life when I was on insulin. I feel so much better these days.
That's fantastic, @cubby - congratulations! Hubby's A1C was always high, but he had a sweet tooth, which was a huge part of the problem.

Metformin will either lock you completely up or turn you into a salad shooter, just depends on your metabolism, enjoy the farts cause when they stop that means ain't nothing moving and that can be painful.
I found that taking a bit of yogurt with metformin helped.
That was until my body adjusted to that too.

Now it's Ozempic and Invokana.

Last edited:
I found that taking a bit of yogurt with metformin helped.
That was until my body adjusted to that too.

Now it's Ozempic and Invokana.
My stepmonster was “pre-diabetic” and took Metformin. So far I’ve been really lucky with my glucose levels. And that’s good, because I’m terrified of needles. I don’t think I could inject myself.

My stepmonster was “pre-diabetic” and took Metformin. So far I’ve been really lucky with my glucose levels. And that’s good, because I’m terrified of needles. I don’t think I could inject myself.
Understand the fear of needles completely.
And the BS about how they say oh you can't even feel it.
After being on the injectable ozempic for a while I can honestly say I don't feel it because the needle is so tiny and fine.

I still have trouble with needles to be sure.
Giving blood is a nightmare for me.
But doing the self-administered injectables I have no problems with it all if that offers any reassurance.

Understand the fear of needles completely.
And the BS about how they say oh you can't even feel it.
After being on the injectable ozempic for a while I can honestly say I don't feel it because the needle is so tiny and fine.

I still have trouble with needles to be sure.
Giving blood is a nightmare for me.
But doing the self-administered injectables I have no problems with it all if that offers any reassurance.
It does- thank you! If the needles are small and fine, I think I would be okay.

When I get bloodwork done, they usually end up using a butterfly needle that goes in my hand. I can deal with that. It’s just the whole thought of a needle piercing my skin that literally makes me feel sick.

@Crazy Cat Lady you and me both.
My mom gets the butterfly needles.
Me I just suffer through it to not kick up a fuss.

I have literally been stabbed at one time and another time was partially impaled.
Neither of those things freak me out nearly as much as a freaking needle.e
Have you ever had an arterial gas test? My late hubby had that test from hell. After some nurse poked and prodded him for about ten minutes, he finally told her that she was really hurting him and they brought in a male nurse who got the test done in no time with minimal pain. I don’t ever want to have that test. I will lose my mind.

UPDATE: This is much worse than originally reported. Nurse Ratched actually gave excessive doses of insulin to 22 patients, 17 of whom died. Some patients had diabetes, while others did not.

She won't be doling out insulin anymore; in addition to the consecutive life sentences for three counts of first-degree murder, she was given 380 to 760 years of consecutive incarceration for the 19 counts of criminal attempt to commit murder.

And there are wrongful death lawsuits pending.

Heather-Pressdee.jpeg

Back