• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1713612188133.png

Deputies were called to a Williamsburg County healthcare facility after a baby was brought in with burns on March 18, Investigator Jalisa Brown says.
Investigators determined the child was severely burned by hot water from a toilet, and the child’s parents, Flowers and Hemingway, “placed their infant child at unreasonable risk, affecting the infant’s life, health and safety.”

Mahogahany Na’Jae Hemingway, 21, told authorities that she knew the water in the bathroom toilet was extremely hot for about a year but never did anything to fix it, an arrest warrant states. Digital readings from inside the toilet bowl showed the temperature exceeded 129.9 degrees.
Hemingway and Nijel David Flowers, 25, have been charged with unlawful conduct toward a child.

Why is my toilet water coming out hot?
If the water in the toilet has always been hot, the hot and cold water lines running to the toilet may indeed have been installed incorrectly—something that a good plumber can fix. If the problem surfaced more recently, it's more likely the cause is a bad flapper or a bad fill valve.

How do I stop my toilet from getting hot water?

See if the supply line for the toilet has a tempering valve going to it. This is sometimes put on to stop the tank from sweating. It should only add a small amount of hot water.

Back