• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Grandmother of eight Rebecca Collet says she was surprised when she walked into her kitchen Tuesday morning and saw a man she didn’t know wearing nothing but boxers and socks and eating food from her fridge.

Collet has lived at the home, which is directly behind the Washington City Police Dept., for about a year.

Collet said she has no idea at this point how he got into her home, as there was no clear point of entry. She said she also is unsure how long he had been staying at her home, adding that she walked downstairs into her basement Monday afternoon and did not see any sleeping bags or pillows set up. She believes he may have just stayed Monday night, but also stated he could’ve been hiding in one of her closets in the basement.

Washington Police officers arrested the suspect, Paul Swindler, 33, at approximately 9:44 a.m, according to police records. Police said they learned Swindler had an active warrant for his arrest and he is now facing felony burglary and forgery charges.
1589599039888.png
1589599048833.png

“I was very surprised, he seemed a bit surprised, and then I just said you need to leave,” Collet said, who said she opened her sliding door to her backyard and watched him walk out. “But somehow, he didn’t have a mean face. He had a soft face. Blond dreadlocks down to his shoulders.”

Collet said she watched him sit against the wall of her home with his head in his hands as she called the police. Meanwhile, she said she realized he didn’t have any shoes on and asked him if he had shoes. She said he replied, asking her if she had shoes for him.

“I walked downstairs to find his shoes and I found my sleeping bag, my pillows, and some food,” Collet added. “Peanut butter, an orange, some cheese, some of my Vitamin C packets.”

Last edited:
Back