• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Blunderbuss Firozabad

Made of Pumpkin pie
Bold Member!
1000014773.jpg

"The site generated this map using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) excessive drinking data from county health rankings and roadmaps.

The darker red and purple shades represent counties with a higher percentage of excess drinking, which is defined by the CDC as more than eight or 15 drinks per week for women and men respectively."

What are the booziest counties in America?

"The data suggests that Gallatin County, Montana tops the list, where over a quarter (26.8 percent) of residents are considered excessive drinkers.
Not far behind is Outagamie, Wisconsin with an excessive drinking population of 26.13 percent."

"The overall driest county is Utah’s eponymous county, Utah, with only 9.04 percent of the population considered as excess drinkers. Greene, Alabama (9.44 percent), Catron, New Mexico (10.24), Phillips, Arkansas (10.36), and McDowell, Virginia (10.38) are also among some of the lowest-ranked counties."

"Zooming out, Wisconsin has the highest percentage of excess drinkers on a state-wide basis (25.29 percent), and Utah has the lowest (12.41 percent). And although there are some exceptions, states further north appear to be overall boozier than their neighbors to the south."

"While California as a whole put up moderate numbers, it’s no surprise that the state’s wine country in Sonoma County has the highest percentage of excess drinkers at 20.84 percent. New York, New York is also a stand-out red dot in a sea of yellow and green on this map with a percentage of 20.72, suggesting it’s one of the booziest counties in the Northeast."

1000014774.jpg

This link takes you to an interactive map to see where your county falls

My county is 14.68%.

Until recently, we were a dry county, tho every county around us is not, but about 20 years ago they decided that we were responsible enough for wine, then in the last 2-3 years they finally decided that we were grown up enough for liquor, spirits, the Devil's Orange Juice. There's 1 that's open and running right now and 1 that's in the process of fighting with a church that opened after they got their permits and spent thousands of dollars on renovations, the church is clutching their pearls and saying that they absolutely cannot have a liquor store so close to them, I say they should have done their homework and opened somewhere else, since the liquor store was there first. Small Town problems. :banghead:

I don't trust this data, Americans consider anything over one 1.0 as drunk.
In Poland, if a newborn doesn't have 3, we throw it into a hole like in Sparta.
The most reliable record was a woman with 15, who went home the next day #gurlpower.

But seriously, in Germany, the alcohol is actually cheaper, and everyone drinks everywhere.
In London, there were more locals, suits drinking 15 pounds beer during their breakfast break, than eating (I think only tourists like me were eating at all)

How the fuck is 15 drinks per week a heavy drinking?
That was my daily avarage for three weeks in Thailand, they had these Zombie and others I don't remember for like 1 Euro, I gained literally 25 pounds from them alone lol

Last edited:
Back