• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
From July 27, 2021
1699298081756.png

When Mohamed Bzeek admitted himself to a hospital for colon cancer, he was petrified. Without family members to accompany him to his operation, he was afraid to face his uncertain fate alone.

Mohamed’s experience in the hospital made him realize, all over again, why he chooses to foster children who are terminally ill: so that they can feel like they’re a part of a loving and supportive family – like every human deserves.
For over 20 years, Mohamed Bzeek has been taking in foster children who are exclusively sick or terminally ill. Mohamed’s inspiration comes from his late wife Dawn, a former foster mother and advocate for better foster care. Before she passed away in 2014, Dawn and Mohamed were on a first name basis with Los Angeles County’s Department of Children and Family Services, since they were the only people who would willingly care for sick children.
Today, Mohamed honors Dawn’s legacy by providing a loving home for terminally ill foster children. Most recently, Mohamed has taken in a young girl who suffers from a rare brain condition. She’s blind, deaf, and paralyzed in her arms and legs. He says, “The only way to communicate with her is by touch, and so I hold her. I want her to know that somebody is here for her. Somebody loves her. She is not alone.”
Mohamed also cares for his biological son, Adam, who was born with dwarfism and osteogenesis impefecta (brittle bone disease).

Praying for his well-being.

How touching to see how much Mohamed Bzeek cares. I'm happy that he has made himself available to take care and truly love terminally ill children. He is a champion in life, and I hope he can continue giving children in need not just medical care but also love. And during his trying time with cancer, I hope he gets it right back. Good men like this are rare.

Samantha, the young lady he was fostering has passed away.

1715319060965.jpeg

I wanted to share some sad news. Mohamed's daughter, Samantha, passed away last year.

Mohamed started fostering Samantha when she was 6 weeks old. At the time, her doctors said that she would only live for a few months. Due to Mohamed's diligence and loving care, Samantha lived to be almost 9 years old, passing away 2 days short of her ninth birthday... Mohamed wanted to thank everyone for their condolences and kind words.

------------------------------------------------

Mohamed has been fostering children for over 31 years now, and has fostered terminally ill children exclusively for the past 25 years.

The gofundme that was started for Mohamed Bzeek has raised $881,912 of the $100,000 goal

The money raised has helped Mohamed with repairs and making the home more accessible.

Back