• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Blunderbuss Firozabad

Made of Pumpkin pie
Bold Member!
1000004985.jpg

Bottoms, Top
The Cameron Bridge, bottom

I ran out of free articles, but you can read the article linked below which has a LOT more detail.

1000004986.jpg

Since there's not a whole lot to this story, I'll add some other crimes from the Cameron Bridge in Coal Township, PA

1000004980.jpg

Mother and son were seen together the day before they were found, walking towards the bridge holding hands at around 2:30 pm.
The mother was heard to say "Let go of me".

Here's what the article says:

"Young Man May Have Thrown His Mother From Span One of the most bizarre and complex police cases in recent years was touched off early this morning when a woman's body and an injured man were found lying in Shamokin Creek, near the Cameron Bridge. The woman, apparently thrown to her death by her son, the injured man, has been identified as Mrs.

Genie vieve (Gottshall) Stank, 62, of 215 Webster Street, Brady. The dead woman s son, George Russel Stank, 20, apparently leaped into the shallow stream after hurl ing his mother off the 40-foot-high span. Stank Is undergoing treatment in Shamokin Hospital, where he admitted throwing his slightly- built mother off the bridge. Doc tors, however, told police Stank la in a severe state of shock, and not responsible for any statement. Ha sustained a complete dislocation of the spine.

Paralyzed from the waist down. Stank may never walk again.

The woman's body as well as the injured man were found this morning at 6:20 by a crewman of the Pennsylvania Railroad. Tha railroader was aboard a slow-moving train moving over the Pennsy tracks running parallel to the creek bank.

The crewman Immediately called City Hall to report his discovery. When Patrolman Vincent J. La-Cross and Charles Marcinick ar-ived, they found the woman dead and the man seriously injured. The officers were taken to the scene in the train caboose.

Before being taken to the hospital, Stank told Patrolman Marcinick he threw- his mother off the bridge. He asked how she was, and if he could see her."

I am dead certain in the fifteen and a half hours he laid on the creek with her he figured out she was dead.
He was charged with murder and I don't know the outcome but he died in 1960.
He also said he had been intent on committing suicide that day and his mother was trying to stop him.

Cat drowner:

ODed under the bridge, revived with Narcan, then promptly arrested:

To the man who OD'ed under the bridge, that is by far the roughest 23 I've seen in my life. Jesus. I hope they get him care because that is a walking corpse.

To the cat-drowner... misdemeanor?! Did I read that right??

Edit: Nvm, I can't read. That's the guy who was found with the overdose victim, and he's 35. Still

Last edited:
Back