• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
I just finished this. They say that have ideas for 2 more seasons. Anyone else watch or watching?

220px-1899NetflixPosterEnglish.jpg

1899. A migrant steamship heads west to leave the old continent. The passengers, a mixed bag of European origins, united by their hopes and dreams for the new century and their future abroad. But their journey takes an unexpected turn when they discover another migrant ship adrift on the open sea. What they will find on board will turn their passage to the promised land into a horrifying nightmare.

I don't know, I may or I may not. I am a fan of Babylon Berlin, and this is historical fiction that strikes some of the same vibes, even if the histories portrayed are not necessarily similar. 1899 would take place 30+ years before Babylon Berlin. One of the handlebar-mustached fellas looks like B.J. Novak of The Office fame.

So, it is not high on my list of priorities to watch this, because I do not want to be a Netflix hound and letting that and similar streaming services control my taste and my spare time. (I write, while I let this computer I am typing on essentially do exactly that.) But if someone else is watching, and/or I decide that I want some free time filled, then perhaps I will give it a shot.

At present, I have made it through five episodes of Tidelands. I think that Adrielle, played by Elsa Pataky, is quite intriguing.

iu

I'm going to try it,I was disappointed with Cabinet of curiosities,something I was waiting on because I love Del Toro.But I will give it a chance and hope I'm not discouraged to Netflix originals.

Netflix seems really really bad about doing this type of thing. I know it was meant for 3 seasons, but the way the first ended it deserved at least a second shot.

If you feel compelled:

Back