• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A South Florida man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and her two brothers claims he shot them in self-defense because they "kind of tortured" him, deputies said.

Yuniel Martinez De La Cotera-Leon, 41, was arrested Thursday on three counts of first-degree murder.

According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, Martinez De La Cotera-Leon fatally shot ex-girlfriend Yasnai Moliner Yera, 40, and her two brothers at her home.

He then called 911 and waited for deputies to arrive, claiming self-defense.

Deputies arrived and found Year face down in the driveway with an apparent gunshot wound to her head. They also found a man dead in the doorway and another man dead in a bathtub inside, both of apparent gunshot wounds.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Martinez De La Cotera-Leon called 911 and said he killed the victims in self-defense because they "kind of tortured" him and his child.

"They tortured me with money and kicked me out of the house," he told detectives.

Detectives spoke to a neighbor who said he heard Yera running outside, screaming for help and being chased by the suspect. Another neighbor claimed he heard Yera yelling, "He's going to kill my son" and then heard gunshots.

The victims were identified as Yera and her brothers, Yasmar Alfaro-Yera and Yusnier Alfaro-Yera, both 25.

"There is no evidence to support the suspect's claim of self-defense," Detective Joe Piatchek wrote in the affidavit.

How do you torture someone with money lol?
I doubt this happened in his case .. I am going to make that clear .. in my abusive relationship I was not allowed money .. if I needed something he would go pay for it .. If I had to grocery shop, he was a numbers guy, he would add up the total down to the exact number of baby food jars for that two weeks and give me exactly what I needed. I had to give him the receipt and any change. I never did without but I never had access to money either. The only reason I was able to leave is my grandfather visited and realized the severity of my situation and handed me a $2000 dollar check and said when you’re ready you’re ready.. call if you need more. You can be tortured and controlled by money and seem like the happiest little yuppie family on the block while you get your ass beat and broken bones on the regular..

I doubt this happened in his case .. I am going to make that clear .. in my abusive relationship I was not allowed money .. if I needed something he would go pay for it .. If I had to grocery shop, he was a numbers guy, he would add up the total down to the exact number of baby food jars for that two weeks and give me exactly what I needed. I had to give him the receipt and any change. I never did without but I never had access to money either. The only reason I was able to leave is my grandfather visited and realized the severity of my situation and handed me a $2000 dollar check and said when you’re ready you’re ready.. call if you need more. You can be tortured and controlled by money and seem like the happiest little yuppie family on the block while you get your ass beat and broken bones on the regular..
My ex wasn’t physically abusive but he did demand once that I turn over my debit card because I spent ‘too much’ on groceries. Ha ha, no. My dad gave me $5000 to hire a bulldog divorce attorney. It was very satisfying to see my ex practically shit himself in court because OF COURSE he tried to save money by getting a cheap lawyer.

Thank god for dads and grandfathers.

My ex wasn’t physically abusive but he did demand once that I turn over my debit card because I spent ‘too much’ on groceries. Ha ha, no. My dad gave me $5000 to hire a bulldog divorce attorney. It was very satisfying to see my ex practically shit himself in court because OF COURSE he tried to save money by getting a cheap lawyer.

Thank god for dads and grandfathers.
I was really scared, way in over my head, two very young children, airborne ranger who threaten to hunt me till I was dead.. just a lot of factors.. people always ask why not just leave.. I truly wish it was that easy and for some it maybe.. I was hostage in my mind, physically, financially, the kids, his buddies helping out a brother.. when I did leave I did go with nothing.. returned the vehicle.. bought a gun .. went into hiding and started the absolute longest paper trail I could of our entire relationship so if something did happen everyone would know and actually had a will and stuff drawn and never looked back..

1698813358747.jpeg

Name:MARTINEZDELACOTERALE, YUNIEL
Current Release Date: SENTENCED TO LIFE

Current Prison Sentence History:​

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length
04/17/2019 1ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT. 05/10/2022PALM BEACH1903716SENTENCED TO LIFE
04/17/2019 1ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT. 05/10/2022PALM BEACH1903716SENTENCED TO LIFE

Back