• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A YouTube prankster who tricked a homeless man into eating Oreos filled with toothpaste was sentenced to 15 months in prison by a Spanish court on Friday.

A Barcelona court ordered Kanghua Ren to also pay $22,300 in compensation.

Since he is a first-time offender, Spanish law usually suspends prison time for those sentenced to less than two years, according to The New York Times.

The court, however, did order Ren's social media accounts on YouTube and other platforms to be suspended for five years.

Ren, who video blogs as RetSet, filmed himself in January 2017 replacing the white filling in a whole packet of the biscuits with toothpaste and re-packaging it.

The then-19-year-old then gave them to a homeless man named Gheorge L he found on the streets of Barcelona.

Gheorge, 53, said he felt sick and threw up five minutes after eating them, and feared for his life as he didn't know RetSet or what was in them.

'Maybe I've gone a bit far, but look at the positive side: This will help him clean his teeth. I think he hasn't cleaned them since he became poor,' RetSet joked in the video.

After facing backlash from his viewers, RetSet went back to Gheorge in another video to see how he liked the toothpaste-filled Oreos.

'People exaggerate over jokes in the street (played) on a beggar, when surely if it's done to a normal person they wouldn't say anything,' he said.

He intended to spend a night on the street with the homeless Romanian man but a witness called police.

RetSet filled sandwiches with cat feces and fed them to schoolchildren and elderly people in another sick prank, the court heard.

He defended himself in court, saying: 'I do things to mount a show: People like what is morbid.'

'This was not an isolated act,' the judge, Rosa Aragonés, said when handing down her verdict.

According to Spanish media, Ren was born in China, but grew up in Barcelona.

Back