• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Unamused Cat

Veteran Member
honorkillers.jpg

India - Lucknow, April 19: A teenaged girl and her boyfriend murdered seven members of her family for opposing their relationship in a region where young lovers are often victims of “honour killingsâ€￾ by their families, police said.

The April 14 massacre in Amroha, western Uttar Pradesh, was initially put down to a land dispute and had chief minister Mayavati rushing to the house to offer 17-year-old Shabnam Ali Rs 5 lakh in compensation.

Officers today said Shabnam — arrested this morning with Salim, 22 — had laced her family’s tea with sedatives after dinner on Monday. Salim had then walked in with an axe and hacked to death Shabnam’s mother Asmi, 50, father Shaukat, 55, her two brothers, sister-in-law and cousin Radhia, 15.

The seventh and last victim was the one-and-a-half-year-old son of Shabnam’s eldest brother.

Shabnam has told the police the baby had watched the six murders, crying all the while, deputy inspector-general (Moradabad) Badri Prasad said.

“She said, ‘The baby kept crying but Salim told me he must not be touched. But I was scared, so I throttled him myself’,â€￾ Prasad said.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080420/jsp/nation/story_9162047.jsp

the best quote from the article:

“Love is not encouraged in these parts. But the massacre of a family by a young couple is unusual,â€￾ SP Beena Bhukesh said.

Back