• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
usps.jpg

A Virginia neighborhood had its mail service disrupted for about three weeks after a Yorkshire terrier bit a postal carrier.

The neighborhood is one of two in Danville to have mail service disrupted recently because of dog bites. The second neighborhood had service suspended because carriers were being chased by a pit bull.

A Postal Service spokesman said action was necessary to prevent carriers from being attacked.

Home delivery in the neighborhood with the Yorkie resumed when the dog’s owner installed a curbside mailbox and put up a fence.

Residents said they received no notice of the suspension and questioned why the whole neighborhood was affected.
Betsy Harkness is the owner of Jethro, the 8-year-old male Yorkie that bit a mail carrier on the leg last month.

She takes responsibility and is sorry for what happened. But she still thinks the post office should have informed people that mail delivery would stop.

“My thing is, why didn’t they notify people just out of courtesy?” she said.

Harkness had a curbside mailbox installed and will have a fence put up in her backyard for her dog Aug. 16.
“I had to spend $1,000 to put up a fence and I live on a fixed income,” she said.

As for Jethro, Harkness said: “I just keep him in the house.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I could give a fuck if the old bitch is on a fixed income, she took on the responsibility of a dog that bites, so she needs to either walk the dog on a leash every time it needs to go, put up a fence, or get rid of the dog.

I thought Coastal carriers had dog repellent mace on them that they could deploy if required. I do agree with the sentiment that as far as the old biddy is concerned complaining about being on a fixed income "suck a tit you old cow". Do what is necessary to keep your little mutt from being a nuisance and a pain in the ass in the neighborhood as well as a threat to postal worker safety.

Back