• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Rockin Ma

Chauffer specializing in geriatric transport
I'm sure the discussion had to take place but I checked all nine pages of threads and did not see it. Forgive me or point me to the thread.

Someday I may buy one, just because some of the games I'm interested in aren't made for Wii (which was a steal at $50.00)

With them both being way expensive, I just wanted to get input as to which one is better and why just in case I come across a druggie looking to get rid of theirs for cheap.

Thanks!

I used to be a playstation only fan but I have crossed the line and now I cant live without my XBOX. If I can afford my PS3 later on I'd look into getting one but I dont regret buying my Xbox at all.

My husband chose the PS3, and so far he's been pretty happy with it. Now he's playing Halo in Iraq and sending me emails asking for a 360 for his birthday, lol. I say look at the games offered for each, and choose the one that offers the "must haves."

Just in case you do run into that druggie RM make sure he has 2....but first you better make sure that you didn't hurt him by running into him.....Druggies can be pretty pissed about that....:lollypop:

And then you can get one for me....

The determination has been made. PS3 it will be.

I've read a lot about them both. Some articles said the PS3 games can only get better for techy reasons I can't grasp.

My choice is based soley on one game. PS3 has Sing Star and I like it better than Lips.

SonyStyle.com has the PS3 and two games - inFamous and Drake Uncharted for free. Total for the three is $317.00 (including 5-7 day shipping) and sale ends today. They were on back order Monday, but back in stock yesterday.

My kid indicated if we ever got a PS3 he'd want the game Prototype, I thought the DC v. Mortal Kobat people one would be fun but sadly, they weren't choices with the deal.

You wont regret your decision. I bought one of my boys the ps3 (he is the one that is very tech savvy) and the other the xbox 360. My son says that the xbox is better if you want to play games online with friends because a lot of kids already have the 360, where as the ps3 isn't in as many households. The fact that your ps3 has a huge hard drive and is a blue ray player in itself makes it an even better buy. I watched a blue ray video on it with him just the other day... and what a difference!

I refuse to buy games other than one per child at Christmas. I prefer to rent them, that way when they master them they wont be thrown in the pile of shit that gathers and goes to waste.

This past fall I started going through their stuff and made myself some money on Ebay:lollypop: I warned the boys that if they didn't go through their shit, I was going to and then it would be mine to do as I wish... hell, I made over 50 bucks on a stupid yu-gi-oh duel disc launcher. Even through in a crap load of cards. Why let it sit and waste when it can make someone elses child happy?

Anywho... I am off on a tangent (I know, not rare for me) so I will finish up by saying...enjoy you ps3!

RM - We're not into this but needed some info for gifts for Odessa since she's getting a Wii for Christmas. (Personally, I think 6 y.o. is too young, but what do I know, and actually youngest son agreed! Oldest son (J) emailed us a "list" of the games that he thought "she" would enjoy.

Youngest son (D) has EVERY system and uses PS3 the most (he says). He's a huge Game Stop fan, both brick and mortar and on-line. Several of his games are used. Of course, they like Guitar Hero, when they're drunk. (I think someone else bought it for him when they ruined something else, as in puking all over it.)

Bottom line, PS3 is his go-to game, besides some on-line game he does that I just don't understand. They don't let me play, something about lack of hand-eye coordination. Fine by me.

You go for it before you change your mind!

{S}

Stella, I haven't played the 360 or the PS3, but I'm sure I will like it. I love our wii so much. We play Mario Kart all the time, it's my favorite game and my 5 year old is pretty good. My son and I go online and play with others. I think it's because I played SNES mario kart everyday of my life for months when I was younger I love that nintendo still has the same characters now and I can share the excitment with my kids.
On top of that, it plays all the game cube games and they are between 3-9 bucks at game stop.
My son lately has been playing Scarface and it just doesn't seem right on the wii. I've always thought of the games more kid friendly. I have found that Tony Montana says "fuck" an awful lot so that game will be "lost" very soon.

I got very lucky. My son is going to go nuts when he receives that PS3 under the tree. It's all he wants. I wasn't going to get it, but with the deal, it had me take a chance and ask my parents to contribute to the cause in lieu of presents for me and I was pleasantly surprised that they contributed over double what I was asking for! I told my son weeks ago, it wasn't going to happen. He asked me why couldn't I ask family members to help because my sister's kids and husband all got laptops that way last year and on their birthdays they got 360's Ipod touchs etc. I didn't want to pull that card on my parents, but I did and it was awesome. He's totally not expecting it.

He thinks he's getting two pair of skinny jeans and one wii game for Christmas.

We may find Sing Star under the tree to our family from santa (every year Santa brings our family a game, last year it was scrabble).

The determination has been made. PS3 it will be.

I've read a lot about them both. Some articles said the PS3 games can only get better for techy reasons I can't grasp.

My choice is based soley on one game. PS3 has Sing Star and I like it better than Lips.

SonyStyle.com has the PS3 and two games - inFamous and Drake Uncharted for free. Total for the three is $317.00 (including 5-7 day shipping) and sale ends today. They were on back order Monday, but back in stock yesterday.

My kid indicated if we ever got a PS3 he'd want the game Prototype, I thought the DC v. Mortal Kobat people one would be fun but sadly, they weren't choices with the deal.

Why not get a used one at Gamestop for around $200? Just a suggestion.
We have one already, but are getting my son one for his bedroom for xmas. My bf works at Gamestop and they are having employee appreciation next week so we will be getting ours for about $160.

We got rid of our 360 and just have the old xbox. The PS3's are so much better imo and the 360 doesn't have much more to offer than what is already out there, while the PS3 has plenty of life left in it.

I got tired of my local three game stops. They never had this one in. They told me to call every Friday. I did that only a few times, but it was aggravating and I think it was more than $230.00, which after purchasing games, would be just as much as new with two free games anyway.

Huh, I'm surprised at all the ps3 love. All the gamers I know will slobber all over xbox every chance they get. We were going to get a Wii for Christmas this year but the dood found a better deal for a 360 bundle. I am not heavily opinionated either way- so long as he is happy and I get to see Arkham Asylum, I'm good. Will it play old xbox games or are they incompatible?

XBOX vs PS3

Well you could try to stop the upgrade somehow or just disconect the xbox live... but then you wont be able to play games with your friends online you would have to system link all the time, and thats no FUN

They play some of the old ones.
We got our 2nd PS3 plus 3 games for $202 today! My son is going to be thrilled xmas morning.

Glad I seen this thread and am wondering after a few years how all of ya feel about this now? I to am buying one or the other for a family xmas gift and have seen both systems have come a long way.

I more than likely am getting a PS3 but have seen plenty of good reviews for the 360 too. I had a PlayStation2 since it first came out and just gave it to my nephew and it still plays like new... almost regret this move when I learned PS2 games don't play on new PlayStation 3's however the blue ray and Wi-Fi for my netflix makes me not care to much I did that.

I also found some fairly new PS3's at buybacks for around 175.00 (third generation I think) which is way cheaper than I imagined I could get even a used one for.

I just don't know what the hell to do though, I'm pretty out of the loop with this stuff. Is the PS3 still a good buy for the buck?

Glad I seen this thread and am wondering after a few years how all of ya feel about this now? I to am buying one or the other for a family xmas gift and have seen both systems have come a long way.

I more than likely am getting a PS3 but have seen plenty of good reviews for the 360 too. I had a PlayStation2 since it first came out and just gave it to my nephew and it still plays like new... almost regret this move when I learned PS2 games don't play on new PlayStation 3's however the blue ray and Wi-Fi for my netflix makes me not care to much I did that.

I also found some fairly new PS3's at buybacks for around 175.00 (third generation I think) which is way cheaper than I imagined I could get even a used one for.

I just don't know what the hell to do though, I'm pretty out of the loop with this stuff. Is the PS3 still a good buy for the buck?

[MENTION=2980]Jerri Blank[/MENTION] we have had the Xbox & the PS3. We like the ps3 better. We had a lot of issues with the 360 (redring of death & went thru 4 of them in less than 2yrs) By now, 360 may have fixed that issue, but we still like ps3 better. For one, when playing online with the ps, you don't have to pay for it. Second, it's a bluray player & a 3d movie player. Matter of fact, we bought a second ps3 to have one in the livingroom & one in the bedroom. We have never had an issue with either ps3 & have had both for more than 3yrs now. IMO, ps3 is better.

I really like our PS3 but it doesn't work as of a few days ago. I think it's the blu ray lens, but I will have to find a place that can fix it. I hear Sony has a flat $100.00 not including shipping to fix it. A little pricey considering how much I already spent on buying it.

I really like our PS3 but it doesn't work as of a few days ago. I think it's the blu ray lens, but I will have to find a place that can fix it. I hear Sony has a flat $100.00 not including shipping to fix it. A little pricey considering how much I already spent on buying it.

[MENTION=1483]Rockin Ma[/MENTION] thats nothing, when our first 360 shit the bed, it cost us over $200 to have it fixed thru microsoft. Then they sent us a new one, and a few months later, that one died. We went thru 2 more before we went with the PS3. Do you use a lens cleaner disc very so often? That helps keep your lens clean. Also use the hose of you vacuum & sweep all the vents to keep free of dust.

Thanks guys, I just got the PS3 today with no games. I got a Blue-Ray movie and got it online with my Netflix and must say I'm pretty impressed even with out trying a game yet. I'm going to take my daughter to buy Cars 2 and pick out a couple of games tomorrow, we are pretty excited :)

Thanks guys, I just got the PS3 today with no games. I got a Blue-Ray movie and got it online with my Netflix and must say I'm pretty impressed even with out trying a game yet. I'm going to take my daughter to buy Cars 2 and pick out a couple of games tomorrow, we are pretty excited :)

[MENTION=2980]Jerri Blank[/MENTION] thats great! You guys are going to love it. 2 must have games that all the adults & kids really like around here are Little Big Planet 1 & 2. They are so much fun & great family games. We play them alot. Plus with those games, you can go on-line with the ps & other people have made their own levels. Some of them are really good. Let me know if you pick those games up & if you guys make on-line accounts. I'll give you my gamer tag name thingy & we can play together lol

@Proud wife & @Rockin Ma , Thank you both very much and I will do that for sure once I acclimate myself with this stuff, I'm still a bit confused about stuff.

My husband made a on-line account, I can make one for myself right?

I went to get some used games today and ended up getting 'COD Black Ops' for my husband and 'Sonic the hedgehog' & 'Cloudy with a chance of meatballs' for my daughter. They didn't have 'Little Big Planet' and that was one I was really looking for (I also heard allot about 'Limbo' and they didn't have that either)

I went to blockbuster and rented 'Little Big Planet' later in the evening. I'm actually about to turn it on now while everyone's asleep. Earlier I went to bed after dinner and didn't play anything except help my daughter play Sonic. I'm looking forward to checking it out, thanks for recommending it.

Do you guys have any other recommendations for games? I think I'll buy another this weekend :)

It depends on how much time you will sit in front of it. I really liked Arkham Asylum and we just got Arkham City (that we left in the PS3 when we sent it out) but I don't have enough time to play. I love sing star with the family. It's a blast.

It depends on how much time you will sit in front of it. I really liked Arkham Asylum and we just got Arkham City (that we left in the PS3 when we sent it out) but I don't have enough time to play. I love sing star with the family. It's a blast.

Yeah I probably won't have allot of time to play just by myself but a family game would be perfect. I'll check out sing star, sounds like that would be right up my little one's alley!

I was surprised she didn't enjoy Little Big Planet but I did allot, in fact when I got up before her and got my coffee that was the first thing I did was play that for about a hour. It was fun and a very cute game!

[MENTION=2980]Jerri Blank[/MENTION] you can make as many on-line accounts for ps3 as you want. You just need different e-mail's for all of them.

[MENTION=2980]Jerri Blank[/MENTION]

You should see the online user list on my machine.. all of us, the kids' friends.. it's huge!!

I love Little Big Planet!! I also try to play a little Fallout 3 when I get left home alone long enough (I don't like to play when hubs or the Boy is home cuz they try to tell me every move to make.) I also like Force Unleashed.

Thanks guys, I'll be making myself a on-line account this weekend then. I will look up those games too, can't wait to try more! :)

Thanks guys, I'll be making myself a on-line account this weekend then. I will look up those games too, can't wait to try more! :)

I think my PS3 username is ~Kitty if anyone wants to look me up I don't get the opportunity to get on much though.

Back