• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
I am starting to feel like the lonely nerd here.

Anyone watch it? I loved it. I loved seeing them together and I loved the new twist and it sorta made me wan't to don my own tinfoil hat!

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Farty McFly

I came here last night looking for a discussion about it, only to find that there wasn't one.

I watched it. I LOVED it!!! I'm really glad that I was watching it while it was happening, because all the poor schmucks that DVR'd it missed the last half of the episode due to Fox's poor planning. By 10 after 7 (it was set to air at 7 PST) I was becoming irate and beginning to hate football even more.

But as soon as the episode actually started, everything was magically better. :D

I was honestly a bit surprised that they went as far as they did in the governmental direction. I also found myself cheering more than once for statements that Mulder made.

I honestly cannot wait for tonight. Watching x-files last night took me back in time. IT was A-freaking-mazing!!!

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Yeah, it was surprising, I thought it was going to be more Alien stuff like the old days but they really turned it to be right here with where we are now and it makes too much sense, haha, the powers at be are making us fat and stupid like cattle to be easier to rule. Perfect. I also watched in real time so I didn't miss anything. Stupid football.

Morbid

Big Daddy Yum Yum
Staff member
I'm watching it tonight. I hope it does well so we can get an actual season or two out of it. To be honest, though, I really disliked the main alien plotline of the show and liked the monster-of-the-week aspect. The overall reviews have not been great, regarding the first episode, mainly because they had the difficult task of bringing everyone (those who watched the original and those who didn't) up to speed.

I have heard the second and third episodes are monster of the week style, and that the third episode was the first real good episode.

This, along with Twin Peaks, has been two very welcome surprises.

Last edited:

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
I missed it cause I forgot, but I'll watch it tonight, if I can find it. I used to love it when it was on before.

Farty McFly

I'm watching it tonight. I hope it does well so we can get an actual season or two out of it. To be honest, though, I really disliked the main alien plotline of the show and liked the monster-of-the-week aspect. The overall reviews have not been great, regarding the first episode, mainly because they had the difficult task of bringing everyone (those who watched the original and those who didn't) up to speed.

I have heard the second and third episodes are monster of the week style, and that the third episode was the first real good episode.

Tonight is the second half of the pilot episode. (If that's what it is to be considered, as a reboot of an existing show.) I'm unsure whether they are planning to re-air the first half before tonight though. You may have to find it streaming somewhere.

BuffettGirl

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Tonight is the second half of the pilot episode. (If that's what it is to be considered, as a reboot of an existing show.) I'm unsure whether they are planning to re-air the first half before tonight though. You may have to find it streaming somewhere.
I DVR'd it. I was too gorked on all the crap I take when my back goes out to watch anything! I hope I didn't miss anything by doing so! :nailbiting:

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!

It was wonderful, fuck reviews. It felt like it just picked up where they left off and I liked the twist, I won't spoil it for you but if you've read reviews you probably already know anyway. They both really really slide right back into those characters like old shoes and Joel McHale? At first I was like - wut?? But he did a really good job. I heard that a full season or more season depends on their schedules and if they both have the time to do it.

Momzilla

Badass/PTA Mom
Thank you @DIAFplease for starting an XFiles thread!

I'm so excited it's back! I was afraid it would be weird & everyone would look old-- and then I'd feel weird & old-- but it was awesome! Just like I remember watching when I was a kid- scaring the crap outta myself about alien conspiracies when I prob shoulda been playing with Barbies!

I'm gonna give the characters & plot a couple episodes of leeway- I figure they kinda had to come on strong & spell shit out for all the newbies who aren't familiar with the nuances of the Scully/Mulder relationship or all the back stories.

And as far as 'monster of the week' for @Morbid -- episode 3 is titled "Mulder & Scully meet the Were-monster"! So woot woot!:woot:

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
caring the crap outta myself about alien conspiracies when I prob shoulda been playing with Barbies!
Thanks, zilla, now I feel old. I used to have to wait until my 4 year old was asleep to watch the show. :( She'll be 21 this year. :pout:

rod2pop

Rigid Member
I was a fan of the show back in ye olden days, but didn't watch the new incarnation because early reviews said it sucked.

Most definitely, I will be sitting on the edge of my seat when Twin Peaks comes back...that will be the only reason for me to watch TV.

Sue sue

Take 6
Bold Member!
Just got done seeing the first episode. I was surprised to see some old familiar faces. Scully is so skinny in the face.

Humanus Imperfectus

Trusted Member
i dunno how the new plot works with the original series, they saw hostile aliens in the series. kinda hard to blame that on the nsa. anyway there is a tv show based off the evil dead w/ bruce in it on showtime if anyone liked the movies...bubba ho tep!

Farty McFly

It's getting ready to air where I'm at. :woot: Pretty stoked to see the second half of the premier. I'm sure I'll be back when it's over.
[doublepost=1453780631,1453780507][/doublepost]
I was a fan of the show back in ye olden days, but didn't watch the new incarnation because early reviews said it sucked.

Most definitely, I will be sitting on the edge of my seat when Twin Peaks comes back...that will be the only reason for me to watch TV.
Eventually you should give it a chance. It's walking the line trying to please old and new viewers alike. As a long term x-philiac, it has been quite a treat.
[doublepost=1453780710][/doublepost]
i dunno how the new plot works with the original series, they saw hostile aliens in the series. kinda hard to blame that on the nsa. anyway there is a tv show based off the evil dead w/ bruce in it on showtime if anyone liked the movies...bubba ho tep!
I'm sure that there's more to it. I like the twist. I'm interested in seeing how it will play out.

Humanus Imperfectus

Trusted Member
it ends with mulder hosting an intervention for scully, where she is forced to see the pain and despair her horrible acting inflicts on those that love her.

Farty McFly

it ends with mulder hosting an intervention for scully, where she is forced to see the pain and despair her horrible acting inflicts on those that love her.
Come now, Sweetie. No need for hate. Lol
[doublepost=1453784889,1453784689][/doublepost]With the episode finished, I can say with 100% certainty...
There are far too many advertisements for a one hour slot.

Granted, I don't watch tv. Has this become the norm?

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Oh man, the ear thing? I had to close my eyes, that skeeved me out. It's a lot grosser than I remember but I guess that comes with the times. I am loving it. The only silly thing for me was the pencils in the ceiling and the poster on the floor. I understand they wanna wax all nostalgic but it was kinda hokey.

Haters gonna hate... :shrug:

Farty McFly

Oh man, the ear thing? I had to close my eyes, that skeeved me out. It's a lot grosser than I remember but I guess that comes with the times. I am loving it. The only silly thing for me was the pencils in the ceiling and the poster on the floor. I understand they wanna wax all nostalgic but it was kinda hokey.

Haters gonna hate... :shrug:
The ear thing was disturbing... yeah. (Though I felt like doing the exact same thing at that moment.) I kinda had a harder time with what the Doctors wife did after the car accident. I mean, I get WHY she did it... but the initial shock of it was pretty massive.

I cheered when I saw the poster. Yes, kinda hokey but it feels like it's an homage to the fans of the original series. I completely missed the pencils... not sure how I managed that.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
I saw it, I was not really impressed but I only saw the second half, soooo...

Tho it's nice to see that their acting skills have not improved. Any at all.

At the end did they rewrite Mulder's history? Did I understand that memory sequence to mean that he was so concerned about aliens and such because he saw his son, William, abducted by aliens? Before it was his sister, Samantha, that was supposedly abducted by aliens, never to be seen again and only glimpses and promises of glimpses later from the aliens.

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
He and Scully are having dream sequences of their son that they put up for adoption to "protect" him.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
I kinda thought that too, since they were talking about him earlier, but it just came too close to the sister thing. So does Scully believe him about the aliens, now? How will that work since she was the one supposed to keep him grounded in fact as opposed to fantasy.

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
She always goes at things in an analytical manner. There is a huge difference between knowing and believing. She's seen some shit, she can't deny it but she always looks at from a scientist's perspective.

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
I really disliked the main alien plotline of the show and liked the monster-of-the-week aspect.
Same here. I always preferred that over the whole long alien stole my sister shit.

He and Scully are having dream sequences of their son that they put up for adoption to "protect" him.
This made me so sad. I do feel like it is coming to something to tie their son together with those other kids that guy is "studying".

On my FB feed there are tons of people watching so, I really hope we can get another season or a few back. Whenever there is nothing good on TV I can always scroll through X-Files on Netflix and just pick one. Damn I loved it back in the day and so far, I love it now too!

Momzilla

Badass/PTA Mom
OMG I have no complaints so far- but I'm such a nostalgic fan so I'm not being too picky I guess.
So episode 2 (or 2nd part of episode 1)
Scully has alien DNA!
Did that girl get blown up with her car or abducted & the car is a smoke screen?
How about 'the smoking man' still smoking-- but now thru his neck hole!?!
And all those genetically mutated kids! (I knew those ear-less kids from ep 1 were gonna fit into the story somehow!)
Can't wait for tonight's episode-- "Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster"!!:vamp:

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
I think the blurb I heard said next Monday the 1st for the next episode.

Staff online

Members online