• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
http://www.twcc.com/articles/2015/05/26/t/the-10-worst-tv-series-finales-in-recent-memory

So this link lists a bunch such as:

Dexter
Sopranos
How I met Your Mother
Roseanne
Seinfeld
True Blood

Etc....

What do you guys think?

I think Dexter was definitely pretty horrible, I mean really a fucking Lumberjack?!!!! UGH. Also, for True Blood and Sopranos gave no solid closure and that pissed me off.

On the other hand, one of the best finales IMO was Six Feet Under, and Sons of Anarchy. Both gave me closure that I need.

One of the best ever has to be Breaking Bad.
<<Spoilers>>

Totally awesome conclusion, and I thought it was poetic justice that after all the crap Jesse put up with, he was the one to survive. And it's the only show that I totally called the ending on. When I heard the title of the last show was "Felina", I immediately thought of the song "El Paso" by Marty Robbins where the dude has escaped and then goes back again, even though he knows they'll kill him.

Dexter's books had a WAY better ending than the series, but they deviated from those a lot for TV

I hate that it got cancelled so soon but I thought Hannibal had a great finale

Sopranos gave no solid closure and that pissed me off.

I think the Sopranos ending was awesome ... this is our life and it goes on.

d Sons of Anarchy. Both gave me closure that I need.

Sons of Anarchy had so much gore and so much violence that when Jacks died i thought it was too clean.

**** Every time I see a kid with a SOA hoodie on I always tell them nice shirt ... everyone dies.

Sopranos didn't have an ending. That wasn't some teasing open ending finale, that was them just giving up. They lacked the creativity or the balls to actually make a decision on what to do, so they did nothing. Fuck that. Truly the lamest.

The Office
Parks and Rec
Millennium
The Shield

All had tremendous finales, especially the first two. Millennium deserves a nod cuz its finale saved what otherwise was a very bizarre season that totally botched the feel/style/sensibilities of the previous brilliant seasons. Really felt like it returned to its roots and delivered something brilliantly dark at the end.

I'd add Rescue Me as well. The last several seasons of that show were fucking unbearable, yet it managed to end things on a positive note with a solid finale.

Breaking Bad was good, quite satisfying.

King of the Hill had a great one.
[doublepost=1480823117,1480818589][/doublepost]Malcolm in the Middle is very possible THE best.

Being Human tied everything up very nicely. The us version.

I think Dexter was definitely pretty horrible, I mean really a fucking Lumberjack?!!!! UGH. Also, for True Blood and Sopranos gave no solid closure and that pissed me off.

There's a greater meaning to the DEXTER ending. I mean yeah it is still pretty terrible but it was his way of punishing himself for getting everyone close to him killed. His whole life started with the chainsaw murder of his mother which I guess was the foundation of him being a psychopath lacking all human emotion.

Anyway, that was supposedly his choice of punishment. Forced to listen to the buzzing of chainsaws all day everyday for the rest of his life... not that I see it happening but the only good thing about that ending is that it left the door open for him to come back to television!

I didn't mind the SOA ending but would have preferred if Gemma was the only one left after getting everyone in the club killed. All of the things she did "for the club" in her own words... I think that ending would have been ironic and awesome. That was where I thought it was heading.

Last edited:
Back