• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

In order to transport a 900-pound Virginia man to court, a federal judge has approved a plan that could involve cutting out a wall of the man’s home.

Kenneth Hicks, 48, from Emporia, is scheduled to plead guilty in a cocaine conspiracy case on Monday.

For a previous court date in March, Hicks was allowed to appear on a video link, but he requested help from authorities to get him to the U.S. District Court in Richmond for Monday, the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported.

Last week, U.S. Magistrate Judge David Novak approved the unusual plan to get Hicks to the courthouse in a way that protects his health, safety and dignity.

Last week, U.S. Magistrate Judge David Novak approved an unusual plan to get 48-year-old Kenneth Hicks to the courthouse in a way that protects his health, safety and dignity. Hicks had previously asked the courts for help to get him to the U.S. District Court in Richmond on Monday.

The plan will have officials and medical personnel assess any medical issues Hicks may have and, depending on his weight, he could be carried out of his dwelling -- attached to the rear of a mobile home -- on a stretcher.

“The FBI and U.S. Marshals may determine that it is necessary to open a large hole in the wall of the structure in order to facilitate the use of a device capable of lifting the defendant’s weight,” the request, which was approved by the judge, said.

“This procedure may also require the removal of the ramp near his doorway, and trees on the property. This procedure may require the bracing of the floor, and the removal of parts of the ceiling structure as well,” the request continued. “All steps will be taken to minimize damage and protect the defendant’s property.”

I think they already know he's guilty...may as well haul his fat ass to the courthouse and into jail. May God be merciful on his cellmate!
He's 48 and weighs 900 pounds.
House arrest would be less costly.

He's too fat to board a taxi, bus, airplane or even a ship.
So he's not much threat of running off.
At the age of 48 and 900 pounds his is in his prime for medical issues.
Plus his day to day care would require a personal attendant.

Tub o lard should be left in his own house.

Absolutely leave the fat fuck in his own environment at his own expense. He's already imprisoned in his own body anyway. Who on prison staff is going to literally wipe his ass for him? Ewww...

I
Absolutely leave the fat fuck in his own environment at his own expense. He's already imprisoned in his own body anyway. Who on prison staff is going to literally wipe his ass for him? Ewww...
It would actually take about 3 to 4 people to effectively clean him just for shitting normally.. not including special accommodations for showers and toileting.. the 4 people to bathe him.. bedding strong and large enough.. will a normal cell hold him.. medical bills.. etc..

The only issue I see with home confinement is that he was basically already on a self-imposed house arrest and still managed to maintain a coke sales business.

Where's the punishment in leaving him to carry on living exactly like he already was? I don't want anyone to have to pay for him either, but if they don't jail him, I'm not seeing any consequences to his arrest.

I wonder, is it possible for a 900 lb. person to shit "normally"? Like, actually sit on a toilet? Gotta be one big ass toilet!
Yes they have bariatric toilets... most people that weight can not stand or stand and pivot though. We had a 700lb patient.. it took six of us to clean her properly with a ceiling bariatric lift. Another thing to consider taking out a wall to get him in.. bricking him in etc... he can’t be processed or anything and they really don’t make equipment to move people that weight.. ours is 1000lbs evenly distributed

The only issue I see with home confinement is that he was basically already on a self-imposed house arrest and still managed to maintain a coke sales business.

Where's the punishment in leaving him to carry on living exactly like he already was? I don't want anyone to have to pay for him either, but if they don't jail him, I'm not seeing any consequences to his arrest.
No phone access, no internet, and a restrictive diet. Or starve and slowly melt away until he's just a sack of flabby skin.

Seriously. Strap an ankle-monitor around his pinky and call it a day.

It would appear he did not use his own product.
Post automatically merged:

May God be merciful on his cellmate!

I don't think they can put a person that large in regular jail, the staff would need special training to care for him. I think he would have to go to a medical facility of some kind, on the taxpayers' dime.

Last edited:
Is he active in the community? Right that's right he's a cocaine dealer!
His current contribution to society is the employment of multiple contractors needed to get the Hutt out of his hut, i.e. breaking down a wall, bracing the floor, removing a ramp and tree, etc. not to mention the forklift or whatever to haul him out, probably drive him on a flat bed (imagine seeing that on the highway?)...other than that, no, he's a useless lump of lard drug dealer.

Must not have read the article...
No, I read the article.
Thanks for backing up my position.

Just because he's obese doesn't mean he heserves any breaks.
Leaving this tub o lard in his own home isn't a break for him. It's a break for tax payers.
Do you have any idea how much hand on care he would require? Not to mention at his age and weight, he is subject to a medical crisis at any moment.

His request for assistance getting to court is the beginning of an outrageous amount of money this slob is going to gobble up with his needs.

He's already pretty much stuck to his house.

Am I the only one who thought of Dale the Whale?

Back