• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
[MENTION=9]swivel[/MENTION] Really enjoyed "wool" this weekend and am on my way to giving my review.
Thanks for sending me a copy

I just bought it from @Amazon <--- not that amazon, the dot com one.

I give it a read and drop a review on it.' <---- where did that little tick come from? fat fingers?

R

I GOTTA change my name. But to what? Madkins?

How about "Google?"

And thanks for the review, gee! I love every single one of these that I get. Truly. They make it possible to sit down and write some more. :)

And thanks for the support, Harley.

Oh -- and if anyone received and enjoyed WOOL, I have another story of similar length that I will be happy to send along. Just PM me as before.

Forgot to tell you I left a review as well.
I'll hit you up on FB for the 'nother story.
Woot!

Forgot to tell you I left a review as well.
I'll hit you up on FB for the 'nother story.
Woot!

Once again, instead of writing, I'm watching a closet homosexual with questionable hygiene convulse at the head of a parade in your signature.

Do you still offer signed copies of the Molly books?

Picked it up for Nook this morning-- yeah yeah I'm slow-- read it this afternoon and will 5-star it and try to get reviews up this weekend.

Do you still offer signed copies of the Molly books?

Picked it up for Nook this morning-- yeah yeah I'm slow-- read it this afternoon and will 5-star it and try to get reviews up this weekend.

I do. You can order them through my website: www.hughhowey.com

The covers are off to the right. Just click on the one you want!

Wool just cracked the top 40 in all of Kindle Science Fiction!

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Speaker for the Dead, and other classics are just in front of me.

Craziness. Thanks for all the reviews and support, guys and gals!

30t46mo.jpg

Wool just cracked the top 40 in all of Kindle Science Fiction!

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Speaker for the Dead, and other classics are just in front of me.

Craziness. Thanks for all the reviews and support, guys and gals!

30t46mo.jpg

Obviously that is copies sold , not reviews or likes right? And thanks for noticing this site has at least one guy besides you.

Yeah, this is just based off sales. Wool has been bouncing around the top 100, depending on how many it sells an hour. This is the highest I've "caught" it. Not sure if it's the highest it's been.

Well, this was back before Lizard was dead to me.

Edit: Not so much a story, but I tend to use hyphens a lot more than Lizard (who edited my first Molly book with me) would have liked. She was constantly striking them out, and I was forever attempting to sneak them back in. The irony was never lost on me that she had a hyphen in her frickin' name. I often suspected if there was some self-loathing going on there.

When I ran out of family members to dedicate books to, I decided to celebrate Lizard in WOOL. Part of it, I'll admit, was a ploy to try and get her more excited about my writing and to get involved again. It didn't work. Un-friending her on FB didn't work. She has just lost interest. But she still deserves a dedication. I learned a lot from her editing. And that's pretty much the story.

It took my sister 2 weeks to read Wool on her nook; she said she couldn't bear to leave the dedication page.

I had read Wool before swivel finalized, so I didn't know it was dedicated to me until my husband opened it on our nook.

Dead or not, admirable or not, periodically banned/defriended/hated/missing or not...I'm very, very gratified by the dedication and very, very proud of swivel.

One of the best stories evah!! But I am so behind. I just ordered my signed copy of Wool 2. Damzit [MENTION=9]swivel[/MENTION]who would have ever thunk it? You'd be a big famous writer some day!...lol WE all did (we as in all of us old Dreamin' Demon folks)!!

Wool was an excellent book and well, you know I already left you a review at Amazon and I have recommended it to numerous friends.

I cannot wait to get Wool 2!

HUGE CONGRATS TO HUGH!!
20120514-02.jpg

Self-publishing success Hugh Howey has sold film rights to his science fiction series Wool to 20th Century Fox. The author turned down a number of offers from American publishers after his multi-part series began selling briskly online and, instead, was focusing on selling foreign rights, along with film rights, to his work. The Fox deal has also closed alongside a major UK rights acquisition, with Wool, as well as Howey's Shift Trilogy, selling to British house Century at auction.

Wool, which Century likened to The Road, is set in a future world in which the air is no longer breathable and a surviving faction of human beings live in an underground silo. The UK rights deal was handled by Jenny Meyer, of Jenny Meyer Literary, on behalf of agent Kristin Nelson, of Kritsin Nelson Literary, while Kassie Evashevski, at United Talent Agency, closed the film sale. Partnering with Fox on the film deal are Ridley and Tony Scott's production company, Scott Free, as well as Steve Zaillian's outfit, Film Rites.
While Wool has also sold in a number of other countries--among them Spain, Brazil and China--Century is currently the only English language publisher of the series, aside from Howey himself, who continues to sell the series on his own in the States. Century is planning a hardcover edition of Wool, which Howey published over a series of installments, in January 2013; the house is releasing an e-book edition immediately.
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...-howey-s-wool-nabbed-by-20th-century-fox.html

Cheers to Swivel! When Morbid was talking about his books on the Saturday night podcast, my friend ended up buying the books for her Kindle. I have it as well... but it's still in my reading queue ><

I should just buck it to the front of the queue.

Congrats on the success of your book! I read a few of the rave reviews here on D.D.'s currently reading thread and decided to order it yesterday. I got the omnibus edition since another reader stated they were glad they did so they didn't have to wait to finish the story. I noticed that both on Amazon and Barnes & Nobel the reviews were stellar. I am really looking forward to reading this book.

Nicely done. Great twist on the ending!! Can't do my review on Amazon until I get off of work, but just wanted to say now, I loved it! Downloading all of them to my kindle now.

I can tell when my husband finishes one of [MENTION=9]swivel[/MENTION] 's books --It used to go something like "What?!? WTF Hugh!?" now it's more like "FUCKER!! WTH is the next one!?" He has read all of Wool and is working his way through all the Molly Fyde books- and Hugh, I need to convince him to email you or something because he is a dyed in the wool <~ haha! Science geek and a professional technical guy so he's all "Hugh needs to know that blahblahblah or I wonder if Hugh knows that blahblahblah?" I love him to bits but I am not a go-fer! <3

Congrats [MENTION=9]swivel[/MENTION] and good luck on your move!

We loved the bit we read last year, so I've downloaded the Omnibus and we will finish it.

Congratulations!!

eta: After Wool we gonna start on Molly Fyde. We love Hugh Howey.

Last edited:
Back