• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Swivel- Since I know you read here from time to time I wanted to tell you I just completed Wool the Omnibus edition and I loved it. I am getting ready to order First Shift-Legacy. I hope you continue to write more on this saga because I am offically hooked. Sci-Fi is not a favorite genre of mine when it comes to books but I throughly enjoyed every last page of this story. I started reading it yesterday afternoon and have just now completed the entire book. I couldn't put it down and was stealing chapters every chance I got.

Very well written, very hard to predict the end, kept me guessing and above all kept me engaged with the characters which is so important in any story. I do not like a story where I figure it all out early in the book and I do not like a story where I care less if a character dies or not. I'm a literature asshole who requires a lot for a book to be considered good in my opinion and this sir was one of the best I have read. Okay I'm off to order the next book, still debating if I should go hard copy or Nook, I hate reading on nook but I want more and I'm not sure I want to wait.

I look forward to the coming additions you indicated in your Q&A section in the back of the book (by the way I got a good chuckle out of the last question)

I'm glad to hear it! I just got First Shift in the mail and I'm sure it will be completed within a few days (probably tomorrow since I read the full 500+ page book in a day and a half) I'm sure when I'm done I'll be looking forward to the next installment.

I'm kind of a snob about sci-fi: I usually stick to the classics, the oldies and usually don't seek out 'new' stuff. I got a real surprise from "Wool - Omnibus" - just loved it! Great story, well written, it grabbed me from the start and held my interest. [MENTION=9]swivel[/MENTION] - you've got another fan and your success is well deserved!

I just finished First Shift Legacy and I enjoyed this book very much. I really hope that the epilogue was a hint of what his to come. I can't wait for the next installment of this story especially because of the epilogue and am hoping maybe that's when the two stories will merge. I am glad to have gotten more information about Silo 1 and what it's role is in the whole thing.

Last edited:
Okay I took out my questions in the last post because someone else who read the book explained the answers to me lol. I guess I'm just not up to par on what would happen if all humanity were to die out.

Hey Swivel, There is a thread for your Wool series on the Straight Dope message board in Cafe Society. How Cool

Last edited:
Ok so I finished the omnibus and First and Second Shift about 2 weeks ago and I am not so patiently waiting for Third Shift. I love this series! I am really not much of a sci-fi fan, but I was wondering if anyone here had read the Molly Fyde series? I need something to read while I am waiting for more WOOL!!

Ok so I finished the omnibus and First and Second Shift about 2 weeks ago and I am not so patiently waiting for Third Shift. I love this series! I am really not much of a sci-fi fan, but I was wondering if anyone here had read the Molly Fyde series? I need something to read while I am waiting for more WOOL!!

I have all the Molly Fyde, my husband has read and enjoyed them, I've only read Molly.

I've read and enjoyed greatly the Wool Omnibus, Mr. Cubby has read all of them he can get, he has read the Omnibus, First and Second Shift, and several of the Molly Fyde, He loved them all.

I've read almost all of Hugh's work, including his novellas, and the Wool series is my favorite. My favorite novella is The Plagiarist and I, Zombie is one of the best books I've ever read, period. Having said all of that, I have read the first two books of the Moly Fyde series and they really are not my thing. I'm not a sci-fi junkie (other than Star Wars) and these books are too sci-fi-y for me. But hey, to each his own. I guess it would really depend on your taste in books.

Speaking of I, Zombie; I thought it was highly amusing when, at the Chicon, he kept on holding it up and telling people not to read it. Oh come on Hugh... that's the sort of thing someone considering a book with zombies as the subject matter would look for! :lol:

Back