• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police say the body of a woman was found in a suitcase on the side of a road in an upscale Greenwich, Connecticut neighborhood Tuesday.

The woman has not yet been identified, but authorities said she is believed to be between the ages of 18 and 30. She was bound at the hands and feet, police said.

The suitcase was spotted Tuesday morning about 15-20 feet off the shoulder of the road during a routine sweep, Greenwich Police Captain Robert Berry said at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

"This remains an active homicide investigation," Berry said, adding that the focus of the investigation, at this point, is on identifying the woman so police can notify her family.
[....]
Police have received several tips regarding the woman's identity, Berry said.

"We are following up on each and every one of them," he said.

Greenwich, with a population of just under 63,000, is on the Long Island Sound about 35 miles outside of New York City. The affluent town is home to hedge fund and financial firms.

Police urge anyone with information to call an anonymous hotline at 203-622-3333.

[....]
After an investigation, the victim was identified as 24-year-old Valerie Reyes, of New Rochelle, New York.

Reyes had been reported missing to New Rochelle police after she was last seen at around 9 a.m. on January 29th.

The cause of death has not been confirmed at this time. Police are investigating her death as a homicide.
[....]
Police say that they have received several tips about this homicide. They are asking the public for any information on Reyes and/or her disappearance.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Greenwich Police Tip Line at (203) 622-3333 and email at Tips@greenwichct.org.

The ex-boyfriend of a New York woman found dead in a suitcase that was dumped on the side of a Connecticut road has been arrested, police said Tuesday.

Javier deSilva, 24, was taken into custody in Queens, New York, on Monday night for allegedly using a debit card belonging to Valerie Reyes, who was reported missing by her family on Jan. 30, according to police.

Greenwich Police Capt. Robert Berry said deSilva "admitted a role" in Reyes' death. So far, no charges have been filed.

Feb 5 2020

Javier Enrique Da Silva Rojas , 25, pled guilty to one count of kidnapping. The charge carries a maximum term of life in prison. Sentencing on May 21, 2020.

DA SILVA and the Victim were previously in a romantic relationship, which ended in approximately April 2018. In the late evening of January 28, 2019, DA SILVA rented a car from a garage in Flushing, New York, and drove to the Victim’s residence in New Rochelle, New York, arriving in the early morning hours of January 29, 2019. Before he entered the Victim’s home, DA SILVA switched his phone to “airplane mode.” DA SILVA then kidnapped the Victim – covering her mouth with several layers of packing tape and binding her feet and hands with packing tape and twine and putting her in a suitcase – before disposing of her body in Connecticut. Over the ensuing days, DA SILVA used the Victim’s debit card on various occasions to withdraw approximately $5,350 in cash from her bank account. DA SILVA also sold an iPad belonging to the Victim in the days following her death.

On January 30, 2019, Valerie Reyes was reported missing to the New Rochelle Police Department. A few days later, on February 5, 2019, her body was recovered in a red suitcase alongside a public road in the Town of Greenwich, Connecticut. The Connecticut Medical Examiner’s Office later concluded that the Victim died of homicidal asphyxiation.

An illegal living in Queens received a 30-year prison sentence on Thursday after tying up his ex-girlfriend, stuffing her in a small suitcase and leaving her to suffocate at the side of a Connecticut road.

Javier Da Silva Rojas, 25, pleaded guilty to a single count of kidnapping for the fatal abduction of Valerie Reyes, 24, in 2019.

The couple allegedly got into a vicious alteration that left Reyes with a head trauma and bruising around the face, prosecutors reported.

Reyes, who was still breathing, was then bound by Rojas with packing tape and twine before he shoved her inside a suitcase. He drove 10 miles from her home to Greenwich, Connecticut, and ditched the suitcase the in a wooden area, court documents said.

Rojas told investigators that Reyes fell to the floor and hit her head after they had sex at her home a week before her body was found, federal authorities said.

He told investigators that he put packing tape over her mouth, bound her legs and hands, and put her in a suitcase that he dropped in a wooded area after driving for some time. She died from a lack of oxygen.

She later died of homicidal asphyxiation. Her family reported her missing two days later and authorities found her body on February 5.

Rojas's DNA was found on the suitcase handles, as well under Reye's fingernails.

Rojas also drained her bank account, which approximately obtain $5,350, and stole her iPad and laptop, according to prosecutors.

'In the days after, [Rojas] used her ATM card to empty her bank account and then attempted to cover up the evidence of his conduct,” said Manhattan US Attorney Audrey Strauss in a statement.

Court documents revealed that Reyes told her mother 'she was nervous, anxious and afraid someone was going to murder her.'

In addition to his 30-year sentence, Rojas will have an additional two years of supervised release, officials said. He will also likely be deported following the completion of his sentence.
Rojas apologized to Reyes's family, stating: 'No words can express how repulsed I am by the acts I committed. I will never forgive myself for that. I cannot ask [Reyes's family] to forgive me because I don’t deserve it. I would like them to know I’m very sorry.'

1632452349301.png

Back