• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Central California woman has been arrested on suspicion of killing her 12-year-old son and critically injuring her 7-year-old son who were found unresponsive in a ditch.

The Tulare County Sheriff’s office said someone called 911 Saturday to report that 45-year-old Sherri Telnas was acting strangely and had taken her sons to a corn field across the street from their home.

While deputies were going to the house, they were notified that the boys were found unresponsive in an irrigation ditch.

They were rushed to a hospital where the older boy died from his injuries. The younger one was listed in critical condition.

The sheriff’s office called the case “horrific” but did not release further details on the investigation or the nature of their injuries.

Last edited:
"Tulare County sheriff's officials are calling the Saturday morning incident "horrific." Now, detectives are working to piece together what led to the tragic incident near Porterville.

This isn't the first time the mother, Sherri Renee Telnas, has been in trouble. The woman is linked, according to The Missoulian, a near-drowning of her son in Montana in 2008.

When Missoula law enforcement arrived at the hospital in 2008 and asked Telnas what happened to the child, she told officers, "I tried to drown my baby," according to the Montana media outlet.

Telnas was 34 at the time. The mother allegedly tried to drown her son "in the Clark Fork River, apparently at the behest of imaginary voices," The Missoulin reported.

"We are aware of the Montana incident," said Ashley Ritchie, spokeswoman for the sheriff. "We are working with multiple agencies to confirm the details."

Prior to Saturday's incident, the woman has no criminal history in Tulare County, according to deputies.

Now, Telnas, 45, is accused of killing the same child she may have tried to drown 11 years ago more than 1,700 miles away."

DD1a.jpg

Sherri Renee Telnas, 34, of Missoula, was still soaking wet last Wednesday afternoon when she carried her infant son into Mineral Community Hospital in Superior. Telnas told emergency room personnel that she had waded into the river and immersed herself and her son, Jackson, in the water, according to court records filed Monday by Mineral County Attorney Shaun Donovan.

When law enforcement arrived at the hospital and asked Telnas what had happened to the child, she told officers, "I tried to drown my baby," according to records.

https://missoulian.com/news/local/b...cle_4aeb1a05-6fa5-515f-afdf-682ee7087a14.html

Apparently I have offended others by not taking note of the name of posters and in which order the articles where posted.. I merely mark articles.. dupe.. to show staff there is a similar post to be merged and nothing more or less. My apologies to those involved. It’s funny @JackBurton shits on my stuff all the time.. my retaliatory is a heart or a smile..

Apparently I have offended others by not taking note of the name of posters and in which order the articles where posted.. I merely mark articles.. dupe.. to show staff there is a similar post to be merged and nothing more or less. My apologies to those involved. It’s funny @JackBurton shits on my stuff all the time.. my retaliatory is a heart or a smile..

I have no idea why i was brought up. I have long not even bothered iwth the search function and openly encourage others to do the same. The site has moderators for a reason. If there is a dupe, let them worry about it. You find a story you want to post, dont even attempt a search, as the function is trash anyways, just post it.

Anyways, how did this shithead not lose custody and her freedom a decade ago? The govt is so pisspoor at enforcing the law when it comes to protectin children.

If the seven year old is also by the same father he remained with the mother (Telnas) after the attempted murder of the 12yo when he was an infant.

She probably complied with medication management for the years in between the attempted murder and actual murder of her son.

Whenever I think of cornfields I wind up getting nightmares just thinking about those Giant "Boo's" from SuperMario World that follow you whenever your back is turned so you got to look at them! Imagine the mayhem one of those would cause in a cornfield!

Either get chased and then likely eaten by a giant ghost with fangs named Boo... or walk backwards through a cornfield??? What. Would. You. Do. There's no reset button. Terrifying. For a homophobe that's deathly afraid of ghosts? It's no different than Sophie's Choice!

charged with murder with the special circumstance of lying in wait, attempted murder causing great bodily injury, gassing, and battery on a peace officer. The lying in wait part of the murder charge makes Telnas eligible for death, though the prosecutors may be unable to seek it due to California's current moratorium on executions.

charged with murder with the special circumstance of lying in wait, attempted murder causing great bodily injury, gassing, and battery on a peace officer. The lying in wait part of the murder charge makes Telnas eligible for death, though the prosecutors may be unable to seek it due to California's current moratorium on executions.
its sad but alot of that has to do with past cases and until they clean up issues within agencies can see it. notable cae was one guy on death row for a hoe invasion multiple murder including children, 4 dead in all. there was a child that survived and he gave his statement then the da investigator bullied him until he changed it when they picked a guy up. He had originally said 2 white guy then after pressure aid the black guy they had. What the da held back with jury & trial as well as sheriff's department earlier wa that a woman had come forth with bloody clothes and tool and said her boyfriend and his fined had talked about the murders and she was afraid but knew they were guilty. I hope to hell he is alive and okay because they took clothes and evidence of murder tool and tossed them ths didn't come up until later. The guy they got wa a loser but not a psycho killer that bludgeoned a whole family to death meanwhile real killers have skated & are living their good life. It wouldn't have made any sense for one person to have been able to do hat happened in the first place. personally i think it was some contract killing put out by some bitch that had an issue with one of he people real or imagined. It had all the earmarks. lat time I heard Arnie had delayed/commuted the death sentence but nothing had been dine the da in charge of the case or the sheriff's department that then claimed they had no evidence other than hearsay after the fact of these losers guilt.

No, I'm pretty sure that episode of Twilight Zone came long before Children of the Corn. Besides, if anyone around here is old, it's me.

@EyEgOrE said
. though the prosecutors may be unable to seek it due to California's current moratorium on executions.
They can still seek the DP. He didn't change the law just put a stop on enforcing it. Calif is slow at it anyway.
But they should still seek it (fingers crossed) just in case Cali dusts off the injection room and starts up again.

Back