• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
full

A Chicago woman was held without bond Sunday after she allegedly stabbed another woman dozens of times while she wore a “Scream” mask and repeated, “God is making me do this.”

The Chicago Tribune reported that Patricia Calhoun-Murdock allegedly attacked the victim two weeks ago in what a judge called a “truly random” act. She was arrested by U.S. marshals after Chicago police said they determined that she was walking with a stolen Kindle from the 56-year-old victim’s apartment.

The victim remains in critical condition.

The victim was asleep when she woke up to see the alleged attacker holding a knife and in the mask. The victim begged for her life, but was stabbed at least 39 times, according to the report.

She suffered slits to her throat and her heart was pierced. At one point, the victim tried to play dead, but was told by Calhoun-Murdoch: “I can still hear you breathing.”

Last edited by a moderator:
"
The victim was asleep when she woke up to see the alleged attacker holding a knife and in the mask. The victim begged for her life, but was stabbed at least 39 times, according to the report.

She suffered slits to her throat and her heart was pierced. At one point, the victim tried to play dead, but was told by Calhoun-Murdoch: “I can still hear you breathing.”

All those injuries and she survived. That's a miracle.

Is this her? An aunt posted this on her FB page. Hard to tell because she's scowling in her mug shot but it kinda looks like her. She went missing, was on crutches, had a splint/cast & was disoriented. Was found and now there's a pray for our family post.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=490823628419399&id=100024752986119
Mom's FB post, news article in comments asking if it's her, response was to thank them and have a nice day? No confirmation or denial.

Patricia Calhoun-Murdock, 29, pleaded guilty Friday to attempted murder in the case and was sentenced to 14 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Investigators said the crime appeared to be random.

14 years is not enough time even if she has to do 100% of her sentence.

Hopefully mental health counseling will be available to her in prison.

Back