• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A North Carolina woman was arrested over the weekend after police say she took inspiration from a popular movie to try and poison her fiance.

Jaymee Cruz, 31, was charged with distributing noxious/deleterious food after officers with the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office say she put Visine eye drops into her soon-to-be husband’s soda, WBTV reported.

The incident took place June 15 at their home on Grandeur Drive. Cruz’s fiance reportedly saw her poison his drink and confronted her about it. That’s when he took their 6-month-old daughter and locked himself in a bedroom, calling 911.

When deputies first arrived on the scene, Cruz denied the eye drop accusation but she later admitted to doing it just to make her fiance sick so that she could move out with their child, WSOC reported.

She reportedly said the inspiration for the act came from the 2005 comedy “Wedding Crashers,” in which actor Owen Wilson's character placed eye drops in the drink of his counterpart, played by Bradley Cooper, making him seriously ill.

Over-the-counter eye drops typically contain tetrahydrozoline which works to help constrict the blood vessels in your eyes which in turn helps to reduce the redness. Ingesting tetrahydrozoline could lead to toxic blood levels as the chemical quickly works its way through the blood and the central nervous system, according to the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

A North Carolina mom inspired by the movie “Wedding Crashers” allegedly tried to poison her fiancé with eye drops in order to “incapacitate” him, officials said.

Jaymee Cruz, 31, faces charges after she tried to make her partner sick so she could take the couple’s 6-month-old daughter from their Salisbury home without his interference on Saturday, news station WBTV reported.

She told police that she watched the scene from “Wedding Crashers” the night before where Vince Vaughn encourages Owen Wilson’s character to spike Bradley Cooper’s drink with Visine.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/06/21/woman-inspired-by-wedding-crashers-tried-to-poison-fiance-with-eye-drops-cops/

This is such bullshit on her part! Pure bullshit! My exhusband was physically mentally and sexually abusive. I was smart enough to come up with a way to leave and take the children. I wasn’t aloud friends or to go anywhere except work, home, and timed shopping. I took him to work one morning.. dropped him off.. came home.. packed what I could of my toddler and infants stuff in my Jeep and left with the clothes on my back. He never knew I left until he found a ride home that day and realized some of the kids stuff was missing, the emergency money he hid was gone (I was not allowed access to money) and my cell phone was lying on the kitchen table. You want out bad enough.. you find away.. she’s just a sorry excuse - making excuses - the truth is not out of the bag so to speak..

Back