• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Muriel Schwenck

Beloved Curmudgeon
I think anyone in an outfit like that has too much skin exposed for a restaurant. Just hygienic. But I bet the mean-spirited complaining customer just thought she was a fat slob. :mad:

Emke, who lives in Dunkirk, New York, said that on May 26 she drove an hour to the restaurant in Erie, which features an all-you-can-eat buffet, with her husband, Andrew, and their young son, Aiden, to celebrate the boy's birthday with friends.
When she went to get food, Emke, who was wearing a new crop top and denim shorts, said that she was approached by a manager who told her she was dressed "too provocatively" and that a customer had complained about her appearance.
The manager said she either needed to change or leave, according to Emke.
"I explained that we drove an hour there," she wrote on Facebook. "I didn't just have clothes I could change into but he didn't care."
[...]
After the incident, Emke said she consulted a lawyer to explore her legal options [hoping for a payday] and he advised her to share her experience on social media.
"People are going to have their own opinions and they're entitled to their opinions, but you’re not entitled to share your opinions to hurt someone else," Emke said. "And what upset me the most is that another customer’s experience was more important than my family’s experience."
Emke received a letter and gift cards from a Golden Corral franchise business consultant on Thursday.
[...]
She got an apology, a gift card, lots of internet attention, so should move on.
Anyway, who drives an HOUR to go to Colden Corral?! Maybe the birthday boy requested it.

Here is a fashion tip.

If you can hear the fabric straining to contain its fleshy cargo, then chances are if you are out in public where food is being served, it is likely inappropriate. Nobody wants to be chowing down while at the same time having to keep an eye open for a burst dam of human epidermis flooding their way at high velocity when the clothes giveaway.

Now to also set the record straight, there is only one thing remotely provocative about that outfit. It could provoke my stomach to turn violently!

If she is from Dunkirk New York and they drove an hour for an all-you-can-eat buffet that tells you pretty much everything you need to know about her and her clan. They are trailer trash who aren't even wanted in the trailer park they have to live in the boonies.

I think everyone is being a bit harsh and the manager was wrong to ask her to leave, good grief it’s Golden Corral which I think I’ve heard of once before on DD. I looked it up, apparently there is one across the bay in Concord so I assume having bathed and wearing new clothes may have intimidated the other customers and manager

So she may be over weight and under dressed but if it offends your eyes, just don't look at her then. Sheesh. Anyone who makes a complaint to management about it should have their face smashed down into the food on their dinner plate. That'll solve the visual problem. ;)

I don't think they would have kicked out a skinny woman wearing the same outfit, so it is just flat out discrimination. I hope the manager gets fired for their idiotic handling of the situation.

Nothing wrong with shorts and a sleeveless top, especially in a Golden Corral. It's not exactly fine dining. If they had a no shorts or no tank top policy, it should have been posted, clearly and at the entrance.

Yeah, that was just all kinds of wrong. One fucking complainer shouldn't have the power to have someone else removed when they're the only one who seems bothered by it. They probably do it just to see if they can, because I don't find the crop top/shorts too provocative or offensive. I see girls wearing the same type outfit everyday. I hope the manager is excoriated and schooled on social media. The lawyer gave her good advice and this will be more satisfying even than money. Too bad she can't out the complainers, too.

I mean, she isn't attractive or appealing to me, but I've seen worse at nicer places. Maybe she feels sexy in that outfit and it turns her husband on a bit? What mindset do you have to be in to actively seek out a manager to complain about someone else's attire? Most people would just judge them silently and go on with their lives.

It wasn’t the outfit, it had to be the green hair!

I really can’t say I find it provocative nor extra sexy, but hey.... maybe the complainant was turned on by BBW and was upset about his hard on and couldn’t get back to the buffet line!

We don't have a golden corral in my town.
But if we did, she would fit right in.
In my opinion, she looks fine and if the other customer didn't like it, they should have left. But of course we don't know for sure if there was a complaining customer. Maybe it was the manager himself momentarily forgetting he worked at Golden corral.
How crappy to have her son's party fucked off.

Shame on you golden corral.

Golden Corral having dress standards? Last time I went to one there was a group of close to 30 of us and we had all been out drinking, smoking, fucking, not bathing, and drifting down a river all weekend. Guess they've gotten some standards in the last decade.

Golden Corral is a Waffle House with a vegetable buffet. I wouldn't wear what she's wearing so why I should care what she's got on. I do what @EyEgOrE said, I mentally shake my head., roll my eyes and keep walking.

The world is a much nicer place if you just think to each his own and keep walking. The temps have hovered in the 90's for the past several weeks here in Georgia, la st week I saw a young girl wearing booty shorts, a tank top, knee high cowboy boots and a coat. I'm dying from heat prostration in my capri shorts, sandals and t-shirt and she's dressed like....well I don't know if she couldn't decide if it was too cold for the summer or too hot for the winter. It just defies explanation.

Back